Kellen Dunham - 2012 Guard

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Jared Grubbs, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $14,044
  2. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $14,044
    RE: Kellen Dunham - 2012 Guard (Verbal)

I was a bit shocked this morning to find that Dunham was completely left off the Rivals 150. ESPN has him at 81 overall and he is 16th at his position on scouts (so probably around the same 80 range).

3. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $14,044

Here is another ranking that came out that is much more favorable to Dunham (and the Indiana area in general).

Hoops Window 2012 Elite 100

4. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,626

I don't know who this Kendrick guy is, but 13 out of 100 from Indiana? I'm certainly not saying Dunham doesn't belong, but it would seem he's a little biased in his selections. Indiana is loaded with talent (which is the argument I'll here) but not that loaded.

5. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $14,044

Probably a little biased to the midwest but it isn't really that crazy. For comparison ESPN has 11 players from Indiana in the top 100. I think it is much better than the top 150 rivals put out.

6. INhoops

INhoops New Member

Money:
    $5

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydemling/2011/07/02/rankings-indiana-boys-class-of-2012/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+JodyDemling-RecruitingBlog+%28Jody+Demling+-+Recruiting+blog%29

Class of 2012 Rankings

7. PDT1242

PDT1242 Member

Money:
    $66

So with all this talent from Indiana for 2012 and I note that there are a few who have not committed yet. Do we have any chance with any of them? Especially any of the BIGS?
    PS. I note that I and a few others are classified as junior members, and another is a peon. Whereas I have no problem with this nameless one being a peon, who makes the classifications and what does each mean or represent?

8. Three Specks

Three Specks New Member

Money:
    $5

honestly don't be surprised if this kid turns out to be really special. I have been following him for a long time and take it from me, HE DOES NOT MISS. This kids is going to be fantastic as a bulldog. Every butler fan should be on pins and needles waiting for his arrival. After all he has been getting interest from Kansas, Michigan, Wisconsin and Indiana. Butler was lucky to snatch him up early on

9. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,626

Ha! I named myself the peon. You have a choice in your settings to label yourself anything you would like!

(I suppose even "super moderator!)

10. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $14,044

Haha, I haven't decided what I'm going to do with that yet. I don't know if I want members to have custom user titles or not. I'll probably make it available after a certain number of posts or reputation. I'll also set up the default ranks (which are based on post count) to be college basketball related.

11. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $14,044

Dunham is ranked 82 in the new scout top 100.

12. bujet15

bujet15 New Member

Money:
    $5

Here is the link: http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&pid=88&yr=2012

13. bd5

bd5 Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $3,289

Kellen Dunham has said his team (Spiece) did not enter the Adidas Invitational and will not be playing.

He mentioned that they are playing in the EYBL Finals at NIKE Peach Jam next week.

14. bd5

Money:
    $3,289

Dunham and Indy Spiece will open play at the NIKE PEACH JAM on Tuesday, July 12th at 9:00am against a young but highly talented Texas Titans team.

Texas Titans Notable Players:
    Julius Randle - #2 in Rivals 2013 Top150
    Matt Jones - #27 in Rivals 2013 Top150
    Prince Ibeh - #101 in Rivals 2012 Top150
    Note: Many highly touted 2014 and 2015 Texas prospects also on roster.

Spiece finishes up the first day against Louisiana Select at 8:30pm that night.

Louisiana Select Notable Players:
    Ricardo Gathers - #34 in Rivals 2012 Top150

Play continues on Wednesday, July 13th against national power Oakland Soldiers (CA) at 11:30am.

Oakland Soldiers Notable Players:
    Tyrell Robinson - #70 in Rivals 2013[/u] Top150
    Dominic Artis - #81 in Rivals 2012 Top150

15. bd5

Money:
    $3,289

Dunham and Indy Spiece will open play at the NIKE PEACH JAM on Tuesday, July 12th at 9:00am against a young but highly talented Texas Titans team.

[size=small]Texas Titans Notable Players:
    Julius Randle - #2 in Rivals 2013 Top150
    Matt Jones - #27 in Rivals 2013 Top150
    Prince Ibeh - #101 in Rivals 2012 Top150
    Note: Many highly touted 2014 and 2015 Texas prospects also on roster. [/size]

Spiece finishes up the first day against Louisiana Select at 8:30pm that night.

[size=small]Louisiana Select Notable Players:
    Ricardo Gathers - #34 in Rivals 2012 Top150[/size]

Play continues on Wednesday, July 13th against national power Oakland Soldiers (CA) at 11:30am.

[size=small]Oakland Soldiers Notable Players:
    Aaron Gordon - #7 in Rivals 2013 Top150
    Isaac Hamilton - #11 in Rivals 2013 Top150
    Brandon Ashley - #14 in Rivals 2012 Top150
    Tyree Robinson - #17 in Rivals 2013 Top150
    Jabari Bird - #21 in Rivals 2013 Top150
    Tyrell Robinson - #70 in Rivals 2013 Top150
    Dominic Artis - #81 in Rivals 2012 Top150
    Langston Morris-Walker - #138 in Rivals 2012 Top150
    Richard Longrus - #145 in Rivals 2012 Top150
    Note: Stanley Johnson (2014) is also on the team and is ranked 95 by ESPN[/size]

Following that massive matchup, Spiece will then be paired against Boo Williams (VA) at 6:00pm on Wednesday night.

[size=small]Boo Williams Notable Players:
    Anthony Barber - #14 in Rivals 2013 Top150
    Troy Williams - #15 in Rivals 2013 Top150
    Justin Anderson - #22 in Rivals 2012 Top150
    Jamal Ferguson - #117 in Rivals 2012 Top150[/size]

The final day of Pool play in on Thursday, July 14th and Spiece's last game before the Quarterfinals begin is against the Baltimore Elite.

[size=small]Baltimore Elite Notable Players:
    Sam Cassell Jr - Son of NBA star and has recent Butler interest[/size]

If Spiece made it all the way to the championship game (no small task) the game would be on Friday, July 15th at 7:30pm LIVE on ESPNU.

I will try to get updates from each game.

16. INhoops

INhoops New Member

Money:
    $5

Dunham played in Elmhurst/Chicago on Sat. ...games were against a teams from Milwakee (leading scorer with 23pts) and Illinois TimberWolves (17 pts) Spiece Indy Heat won both. They are in North Augusta, SC/Georgia playing in the EYBL Peach Jam this week.

17. bd5

Money:
    $3,289

Peach Jam is underway and Kellen takes the floor against the Texas Titans this morning. Brad Stevens is in attendance watching. Check my last post for a complete schedule of the tournament, and I will try to update with scores.

Edit:

Day One
    Cant find stats yet of the game, but Texas Titans lead Indy Spiece by 2 (30-28) at half-time in front of a TON of high DI coaches.

18. INhoops

INhoops New Member

Money:
    $5

Not official , but heard they won by 1 after being down 13 in 2nd half. D'Vantes Smith-Rivera ... AND ONE with 6 sec. left. Held them and Titans missed a last second shot. Dunham with around 13 pts.

19. bd5

Money:
    $3,289

Game One
    Dunham scored 10 points off of 5/10 FG shooting. He was 0-5 from the three point line, but showed he has more to his game than just a sweet stroke from behind the arc. He also had 2 offensive boards and 2 assists (compared to only 1 turnover) and 0 fouls in 24 minutes against the Texas Titans earlier this morning.

20. bd5

Money:
    $3,289

Spiece won their second game of the day against Louisiana Select in a close match. Will have stats up soon. Dunham and Spiece are 2-0 in the first day of the Peach Jam - no small feat.

Game Two
    Dunham played a team leading 28 minutes and scored 5 points on 2/10 shooting including 1/6 from behind the arc. Although it seems that Kellen's shot is struggling - he also recorded 4 assists and 2 steals (with zero turnovers) and grabbed a defensive board.

I am not concerned about the shooting percentages at this point, as I know that Kellen can knock it down - what concerns me a little at this point is that in two games, Kellen has yet to get to the free-throw line.

With that said it seems as though he is a leader on this very talented Spiece team and has started both games and played significant minutes. His shot will drop, but the fact that he is contributing in other ways shows the type of player he is.

HUGE game tomorrow morning: 2-0 Spiece take on a LOADED 2-0 Oakland Soldiers at 11:30am.