Kevin Johnson - 2013 Guard (Cincinnati)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Title, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $623
  2. zander816

zander816 New Member

Money:
    $5
    RE: Recruiting Notes

Alex Kline ?@TheRecruitScoop
    RT @Corey_Rivals513: 2013 Ohio Basketball Club guard Kevin Johnson is on a visit to Butler today.

3. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,839

Looks like he got an offer too judging from a David Woods retweet.

4. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352

Saw Brad watching OBC at the AAU event in late April at Fishers Fieldhouse. Johnson switched over and played for Martins Wolverines last week during the Ohio State AAU tourney and tore it up....

[hr]
    17U
    Kevin Johnson- PG Martin Wolverines: One of the best PG in the state suited up for the Wolverines this weekend. Johnson showed his athleticism and quickness while using his ability to get shots off the dribble to knock down long jumpers.

5. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $436

Kevin Johnson scouting report

Good prospect with a solid but beatable offer list currently. Would be happy to see him as a Butler Bulldog.

6. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352

You're right Mr. X

Offers: Butler, Xavier, Cinn, Cornell, Creighton, Davidson, DePaul, Minnesota, Seton Hall, Albany, Lehigh, Manhattan, Ohio, St Josephs

Interest: Dayton, Delaware, St Johns, Tenn, Wake Forest, West Virginia, Wisconsin.

Just a guess on my part but Xavier might be the school we have to beat out for him.

There is a Rivals article for Insiders that has Johnson talking about his favorites. If anyone has access to that please post. It's from last month though. I would imagine things are changing rapidly for Kevin Johnson especially after his performance at the Ohio State AAU event. If the staff is really high on Johnson it might be wise to get a commit from him before July(when more coaches can see him).

7. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $436
    RE: Kevin Johnson - 2013 Guard (Offered)

8. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $623

If you're moving posts, I had linked a Rivals article on Johnson about a month back in the general thread.

9. bd5

bd5 Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $3,289

Yup. Will be moving posts over in a few minutes.

10. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $552

Really like what I've read on Johnson. Sort of reminds me of Shel. I'd be ecstatic if we'd be able to land him.

It'd be interesting to see what he has to say about the offer, visit, timetable, etc. if you'd be able to interview him, butlerway.

11. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $20,109

I'll certainly try. I haven't had very much luck the past few weeks. I do have one lined up with Miroslav Jaksic though, which should be interesting, even if the odds aren't great that he ends up at Butler.

12. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352

http://www.hoops247.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=367:eek:bc-star-kevin-johnson-talks-recruiting&catid=54:network

Here is an article Scott Burgess did on June 5th. That last paragraph where Johnson talks about what he is looking for has Butler written all over it....[hr]
    http://tripledoubleprospects.com/2012/04/22/pittsburgh-jamfest-recap/

This is a report on his play at the Pittsburgh Jam Fest in April....

13. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,625

Alex Kline ?@TheRecruitScoop
    2013 Ohio Basketball Club guard Kevin Johnson will announce his college decision today, reports @Corey_Rivals513. He visited Butler Sunday.

David Woods ?@DavidWoods007
    '13 Cincinnati Summit PG Kevin Johnson picks Cincy Bearcats, according to TV report. He visited #Butler over the weekend.

14. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352

Bizarre 24 hours on the Kevin Johnson front, eh?

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/uc/2012/06/11/summits-kevin-johnson-will-commit-to-cincinnati/

15. bd5

Money:
    $3,289

You never want to be the school that while on a visit confirms another school was the right place - but who knows what happened/what will happen.

16. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352

That article that I linked above by Burgess mentions that Johnson had visited Cincinnati a few weeks before. Was planning on seeing VCU and Minnesota later in June. He had been to Seton Hall. I think when he mentioned location being important, that might have been the deciding factor for him. Cincinnati kid going to Cincinnati. I wish him the best.

This 2013 PG recruiting is developing a whole life of it's own. Next up Hallice Cooke?

17. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,881

Real question is whether they continue going on down the line of PG's if Cooke doesn't come or if they hold onto the scholarship and hope for a decent transfer to come out of next season. At this point, I think it's a bit unrealistic to expect either Sina or Jackson to come to Butler.

18. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,625

Not that they've reached it yet, but at what point does ending Jaylon Brown's recruitment become a mistake?

19. bd5

Money:
    $3,289

20. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $436
    Huh I kind of thought Johnson was going to end up at either Cinci or Xavier but even I could have never predicted this was going to happen. It does appear though Butler has been after him for a while but we did just really hear about him out yesterday so there’s probably a couple more legitimate options that none of us know about currently for 2013 PG spot. Nevertheless assuming Cooke does come on a visit later this week I really hope the staff makes him the main priority.