Khalif Battle - 2019 Guard (Signed)

Discussion in '2019 Recruiting Profiles' started by bd5, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $988
    It wasn't posted very long. I think the music may have been the reason for removal shortly after his verbal to Butler.

2. BHayden

BHayden Active Member

Money:
    $421
    There’s no doubt in my mind Battle is going to be a stud. The fact he still looks super young makes me think he’s probably still growing and gaining athleticism too.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

joliebeth23 and MIBulldog like this.
  3. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,913
    Yup.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

TheDawgDub95, BHayden and Hinkle like this.
  4. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Active Member

Money:
    $731
    ESPN expanded their 2019 recruit rankings from 60 to 100 and Battle is 87th. However, in typical ESPN fashion, they do not have him as committed to Butler, but rather uncommitted.

joliebeth23, Shimmy, bumba and 5 others like this.
  5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,697
    ESPN now shows Battle to Butler. Must have read your post on here.

joliebeth23 and Dewars12 like this.
  6. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,057
    joliebeth23 likes this.
  7. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,697
    Armaan Franklin is 140 down 14.

8. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $407
    I’d expect Franklin is a little undervalued after playing the spring injured. July will be interesting for his profile. Did better at the Indiana all star stuff.

9. dawgnation

dawgnation Active Member

Money:
    $160
    Any update as to how Khalif did first game? Saw they beat BBE 64-60 in OT

10. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,079
    Mad_Dawg 48 and SpartanDawgs like this.
  11. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,079
    First touch of the day Battle comes off a screen and elevates to bury a 3. So smooth. Next possession he shot fakes and gets to the FT line and tries to jump up and shoot it and gets fouled. For some reason they say he was passing in what was a horrible call. Should have been 2 FTs. That same possession he beats his man into the lane for a floater that bounces on the rim 3 tines before falling off. Next possession he feeds the post. So far he’s making something happen every time he touches the ball.

12. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,079
    Battle got lost on defense 2 straight possessions to give up an easy mid range jumper and a layup. He’s clearly athletic and can make plays, but he’s too flat footed away from the ball on both ends of the court this morning.

13. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,079
    The good: Battle just had an impressive finish in transition at the rim where he showed excellent elevation and body control.

The bad: he only had that opportunity because he was once again the last player back across half court and his team happened to get a steal. He’s often spotting up in the corner on offense, and when the shot goes up he stays standing there. He should either be crashing the boards or rotating back on defense. Instead he leaves himself in terrible position for when the ball goes the other way.

14. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,079
    I had him for 7 points in the first half. 3-6 maybe? He had another nice finish in transition for his 3rd basket. Both were attacking to his left, finishing with his right hand in traffic. I wouldn’t necessarily say he is quick, but he is very explosive off the ground. The elevation on his shot makes it seem like he can get it off whenever he wants. I’m not sure how great he really is at dribble penetration, but the defense has to play tight on him to respect that jumper and that has given him opportunities to get into the paint.

15. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,079
    Battle had 21 points on 6-9 shooting (3-3 3 pt, 6-6 FT) in yesterday’s win. I wasn’t down here yet for that.

16. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,079
    I’m apparently bad luck for Battle. He got off to a good start with an early 3 pointer, but it’s been zip since then, and his team is getting smoked out of the gate, down 30-15.

17. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,079
    Khalif just had a remarkable drive and finish for an “And 1”. I don’t even know how to describe it. He shot faked from the right wing, dribble left to the free throw line, then just turned on a dime and accelerated to the rim to split 2 defenders, elevated above the shot blockers, hung in the air and absorbed contact, and banked it in. It’s the type of play that makes me extremely excited about his potential.

At the same time seeing that type of play almost annoys me even more, because I think he could be averaging 20+ points a game here if he would just go to work. He’s barely going through the motions half the time out here.

18. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,079
    I remember there was some debate a little while back about how athletic Battle is. He will be one of the most athletic guards Butler has ever had. He is absolutely explosive.

bumba and ButlerFan89 like this.
  19. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $126
    Haven't seen him in person, but have watched a couple of games earlier this summer streaming online. What do you think of a Chrishawn Hopkins comparison? Chrishawn having better ball skills, able to play the 1 whereas Battle has a couple inches on him, less ball skills and plays off the ball. But, both extremely explosive, able to get hot and go for 20 one night and making plays that drop your jaw, but then the next game disappears and frustrates you with boneheaded play.

20. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,697
    Can you tell if that is attitude, lack of motivation or timidity?