Khalif Battle - 2019 Guard (Signed)

Discussion in '2019 Recruiting Profiles' started by bd5, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,868
    I watched Hopkins a few times in high school. I was absolutely excited about him. I would say Battle is just as explosive but with those extra few inches to go with it. The thing about Battle is he isn’t really making poor decisions the way Hopkins did. It’s just that he doesn’t even look like he’s trying. And then he’ll just flip a switch and make a few plays and then the switch goes back off.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,868
    I honestly don’t know. He doesn’t appear to be have any sort of attitude issues, although that’s not always apparent.

3. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,868
    I’m back watching Khalif Battle this morning. He’s got an early 3 pointer. I was hoping to see Battle and Franklin guard each other but both teams are in zone. Battle is making good reads against the zone early.

4. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,868
    I said after seeing him play in April that I didn’t see anything that would make me think Battle could be a point guard. I still believe he’s not a PG, but he has absolutely shown an ability to create off the bounce and make good decisions with the ball. It’s probably not an impossible transition for him, although I still wouldn’t be in favor of it because he’s such an electric shooting guard.

He’s got 3 3-pointers midway through the first.

5. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,868
  6. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,868
    Battle is so fun to watch when he’s aggressive. He’s going off right now. 16 points maybe? We are still a few minutes from halftime.

An underrated skill is the willingness/ability to feed the post. Battle looks post every time and is great at getting the ball in there. Big men will love playing with him.

#60 and BHayden like this.
  7. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,868
    Halftime. Playaz lead 50-38. Battle looks like by far the most talented player on the floor. He might be at 20 points already. I’m trying to think back and I can remember 18 of them. He’s had the ball in his hands a lot more in this one.

BHayden likes this.
  8. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,868
    Battle has flat out blown by his man to the left for 2 buckets to start the half and then buried another 3 pointer. On his drives he just gave a little shoulder fake to make the defender think shot and then went from 0-60 in a blink to explode to the rim.

bumba likes this.
  9. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,868
    I think Khalif might be at 30 now and he still doesn’t even look like he’s trying half the game. The kid is so smooth and explosive. In this one he reminds me of a kid playing pick up ball who is bored and just going through the motions because he is better than everyone else. Occasionally he just turns it on for a few possessions and does whatever he wants.

No doubt he’s a fan favorite from day 1.

Mad_Dawg 48 likes this.
  10. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,868
    Jordan and Kampen both here for Battle. He and his entire team are having a terrible shooting game. Battle is 0-7. I actually like the way he is playing better though. Or I did at least. He’s past up a couple looks now that he should be firing. I think this might be a win or go home game for them, because the intensity level is up a notch. Playaz trail by 17 late in the 1st though. They are just ice cold.

11. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,868
    3/4 from 3 in the first 7 minutes of the 2nd half. Starting to heat up after that horrid first half.

12. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,868
    Battle finished with just those 9 points. I’m pretty sure his team is eliminated now.

My big takeaway from Peach Jam is going to be that I’m fully onboard the Khalif Battle train. It no doubt bothers me that he’s not a high energy guy, but his athleticism, shooting ability, and natural basketball instincts are all incredibly high. He’s too good not to be a major player for Butler. I can easily see a path where he becomes the next 2000 point scorer for Butler. He’s that talented.

Shimmy, Mad_Dawg 48, BoyGeoff and 4 others like this.
  13. BHayden

BHayden Active Member

Money:
    $448
    http://www.d1circuit.com/game/show/22104964?subseason=520424

According to this box score Battle had 34. Also Franklin went for 17, 6, and 5.

Jared Grubbs likes this.
  14. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $195
  15. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $196
  16. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $34
    When asked why he chose the Bulldogs, Battle replied, “Instead of waiting, I had other offers, like Miami and all of that. I took visits to UCLA, USC, but I felt like, Butler in all aspects is better for me. I’m not sidetracked by weather, girls, nothing like that, just the grind and basketball.”

17. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,191
    Mad_Dawg 48, Shimmy, BHayden and 3 others like this.
  18. ButlerAlumDad716

ButlerAlumDad716 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $426
    I believe its one of the NY teams. The NY Rens started wearing the orange patch on their jerseys I believe in Jordan Tuckers last year to signify and protest gun violence as a number of the Rens had family experiences with gun violence.

19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,225
  20. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $34
    That's about as ho-hum of a highlight video as you can have for someone of his talent. He made some spectacular plays in it, I just feel like from seeing his other videos that it was more of the same good stuff that I'd seen from him earlier.

I do feel like he's looking physically stronger though, which he'll definitely need to pair with his athleticism.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    BHayden likes this.