Khalif Battle - 2019 Guard (Signed)

Discussion in '2019 Recruiting Profiles' started by bd5, Sep 12, 2017.

1. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,221
    Next year we might actually be full at the 4 considering Nze, Golden, Mulloy & Hastings have all played and have had experience there in the past, now the odds of LJ playing them there is another thing. But for the first time we can't say we don't have them at on the roster

willisbrown likes this.
  2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,836
    I too don't see the need for him to play the four. We should be solid and deep in the two, three and four positions. Where we still need help is at the one and five.

Tentozen likes this.
  3. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $912
    I'm sure the comment about Khalif playing the 4 was said in jest. There should be lots of competition for minutes at the 3 through 5. Khalif fits LaVall's system. I hope he can figure out both ends of the floor early and contribute soon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

BHayden, Dewars12 and estar20dawg like this.
  4. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,156
    Khaliff is as pure of a 2 as there is in college hoops, and that's what he'll play next year. He was kidding. I'd expect him to play at least the 6-8 minutes per game Kamar is off the court, and I suspect he'll see additional time in three guard lineups like we started this year with, as well as time at the 2 for the minutes AT is off the court and Kamar has PG duties.

I hope he's good, because he's pretty likely to play a lot next year by default.

As deep as we are at the 3/4 next season, we are only going to have three guards who can see time.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  5. Delivery Dawg

Delivery Dawg New Member

Money:
    $21
    I think he may even be as impactful as Zion

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,221
    In terms of Butler getting an impact freshman, you could sort of see it if he's as explosive as advertised. He's definitely going to throw down some thunderdunks in his time here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

BHayden likes this.
  7. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,067
    He’s that explosive. Battle and Tucker actually have a lot of similarities. Khalif is kind of like a true SG version of Tucker. A little smaller but quicker and a better leaper. Both have top end talent potential and should excite Butler fans, but I do question if either will impact games when they aren’t shooting.

I liked the quote in a recent article from Battle’s coach that that something about how they were hiding him on defense early in the year, but he has since taken on the challenge of becoming a better defender and is guarding the opponent’s best player now. That makes me hopeful that he has become a much more active defender since I saw him in July.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,103
    Very much in jest. Kinda. Just a poke at LaVall for refusing to ever play actual4s at the...4.

estar20dawg likes this.
  9. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,103
    I can very much see him being first off the bench as far as wing players are concerned. He'll get his minutes, or we'll be seeing Tucker aplenty in the back court (fine by me). I wish I had faith he could supplant Thompson right away. I've had more than enough of the Thompson experience.

dippper61 likes this.
  10. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,717
    Willis, exactly which legit 4 do you propose BU play?

11. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,103
    Golden in spots. I'd be rotating bigs big time at this point. Why not? Gotta prep for next season.

Speaking of there will be plenty of opportunities to play bigger next season. Let's hope it's utilized.

12. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $474
    Speaking of fours, it's a damn shame that Evan Boudreaux didn't come here. Despite Purdue having a great season, he's hardly seeing the floor. I don't think that would have been the case at Butler.

13. Tentozen

Tentozen Active Member

Money:
    $546
    Not sure he’s as good as they were expecting. Don’t know if he would have been that much help.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

14. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,845
    He’s also been dealing with either a groin or hammy injury, I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

15. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,103
    My man was named by the trentonian....whatever that is, the area player of the year. Finished with 23.7 ppg and amazing hair.

Mad_Dawg 48 and bumba like this.
  16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,556
    Can't wait to see him in a BU uniform. He looks dynamite on video.

willisbrown likes this.

#60 Active Member

Money:
    $1,249
    willisbrown likes this.
  18. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,984
  19. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money: