Khalif Battle - 2019 Guard (Signed)

Discussion in '2019 Recruiting Profiles' started by bd5, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,123
    Brad Stevens told me Matt Howard dropped from a four star recruit to a three star after he committed to Butler and that was almost 12 years ago.

2. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,036
    Woods is confusing Battle's ESPN ranking with 247. He can't keep all the different services separate. It is hard sometimes. But in actuality Battle actually went up in 247 cumulative and 92 in just 247 rankings

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    Do we really care?

We know he's a good player. Gordon Hayward wasn't a Top 100 guy and he's an NBA All-star.

4. ButlerBoyz

ButlerBoyz Member

Money:
    $83

I think he looks pretty good in this video. Top 100 or not I think we have a spot for him on the floor

5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,475
    Watching that it may be a spot off the floor for him. My God my man can get up.

6. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,036
    We've never had a 6'5 6'6 explosive SG before. This kid won't shy away from driving in the lane.

BHayden likes this.
  7. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,475
    It'll be glorious. Imagine how many times he'll dunk on Smits in practice :)

8. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,036
    Oh God I hope someone gets it on video. For that matter watching David workout I imagine he'll also have some thunder dunks in Smits grill

9. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,475
    The dunked on dutchman.

thevinrod likes this.
  10. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,747
    Maybe they’ll actually get to the line this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

11. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Active Member

Money:
    $204
    Lol this is what people thought we were getting with Chrishawn Hopkins

12. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,036
    Um no offense, but this kid is in another league to Hopkins, just alone 6'1 to 6'6

#60, Tentozen and BulldogsFTW like this.
  13. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Active Member

Money:
    $204
    Definitely none taken. I agree completely. It was more that the hype for Chrishawn as a freak athlete 2 guard who could jump out of the gym far exceeded what he produced once he was on campus.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

estar20dawg likes this.
  14. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,036
    I get what you are saying, but there really aren't that many similarities between the 2 players other than hype. Khalif is an unbelievable 3 point shooter, with unbelievable hops for a 6'6 body. How many players get selected for the 3 point contest and end up switching last minute to the dunk contest?? Plus I trust his families pedigree a whole lot more than Hopkins...

#60, willisbrown and BulldogsFTW like this.
  15. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,475
    He was quite handy with a gun...maybe he meant to join the 38th street shooting club?

Hopkins was the bust of all busts...not only terrible but shot his way out of the program, and not on the court. No bueno.

16. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,998
    They may not be all that similar of players, but I think the message is relevant: you generally don't really know if any player is any good until November. It's pretty optimistic to count on much of a positive contribution from freshmen. Just off the top of my head, Carson Edwards, who was probably a top-5 college basketball player this season as a junior, was an inefficient chucker his freshman year.

In other words, let's all stop assuming Khalif is going to come in and be Shelvin Mack circa 2008. It's just dumb. It's a whole lot more likely that team improvement is going to stem from improvement from one or more of the sophomores, juniors, seniors, or transfers.

17. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,475
    Party pooper...

Hinkle likes this.
  18. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,569
    On video alone he looks like a one and done but so do most every recruit’s edited videos.

19. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,036
    Totally understand the lets temper things with him, but let's face it, he's going to play as a freshman and will have an opportunity to show us what he can do as a freshman. At worst next year he's PJ 2.0. I really, in my gut don't think we get 4 years with him, even just as an impartial look at the body of work scout. To me at 6'6 with that amount of bounce and shot making ability, these are the things the NBA looks for in a 2 guard. This could be a really big hot take. But it just really kind of looks like if he is at all as good as advertised we can hope for 3 years with him.

20. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,475
    He better play next year unless we want Baldwin and Thompson going for 40 minutes each game...

Yes, he's going to play. And play a lot. I got to think that most of the reason LJ sat on his hands during transfer season is because he 1. Believes Battle will be a yuge contributor and is ready for the spotlight and 2. Doesn't want to put any doubt in the kid's mind nor stunt any development into the star LJ believes he can be.

To compare him to Mack is a good comparison in that, Mack was an amazing contributor right off the jump and that is what this kid can be. You can't and don't want to put that type of pressure on him, but I wouldn't be surprised that as the season moves along, we start seeing some "Mack" impact from Battle. It probably won't happen right away, but by default he'll get plenty of minutes, we have three guards on the roster, he's going to play. But I think he'll play and be a double digit scorer (mostly) as we move into the season. I don't have "Mack" impact hopes for him, but I do have rather high hopes.

#60 and estar20dawg like this.