Khalif Battle - 2019 Guard (Signed)

Discussion in '2019 Recruiting Profiles' started by bd5, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,436
    It was not official

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,428
    I can see Terry blowing up nationally. I'd love to have him, but Battle seems more under the radar.

I'd rather have Franklin play the 2 than Gillis play the 3/4. We're fortunate to have bigs committed right now, so eventually we'll need a stud to replace Kamar. I think that's Franklin.

In all reality, getting 2 of any of them would be fantastic. Those are four damn good players.

3. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,056
    Ok. Was he offered though?

4. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,856
    We will needs guards above all else, but I highly doubt the staff would turn away Gillis. Any combination of those players would be just fine and the staff will be thrilled.

5. I Am Butler

Money:
    $4,856
    In an ideal world, you grab one of Terry and Battle to go with Franklin.

6. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,523
    I think we are getting ahead of ourselves with Golden euphoria. Any single of these recruits would be great. Unless we get an early commitment there is a lot of time for things to change. Perhaps even a new face emerges? Personally I have preference for local flavor so Franklin would be my 1A.

theenforcer13 likes this.
  7. bd5

bd5 Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $3,289
  8. I Am Butler

Money:
    $4,856
    I dont think anyone was getting ahead of themself, the question was just asked hypothetically what the 2019 class would look like in an ideal world, using the known targets. The question is more about class composition than anything.

And yes, without doubt, there will be several new name emerge. It's just barely May.

IrishDawghouse likes this.
  9. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,523
    Actually I asked the first hypothetical yesterday. The tone has changed somewhat since then as if BU has a choice based some positive feedback. Contrary to what has been said, these players are not exactly under the radar and all have some high major offers.

10. I Am Butler

Money:
    $4,856
    Well, if anyone thinks Butler is in a position to pick and choose, they are definitely wrong. If any 2 of the mentioned players want to come to Butler, you rejoice and skip into Hinkle a happy dawg.

Daddysmack likes this.
  11. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,209
    Oh, the hate is already there. They have pages and pages on it already. Their hate of us is akin to our current hate of Wichita State.

https://syracusefan.com/threads/pf-bryce-golden-md-to-butler.129015/page-34

Some choice selections:

"The fact he chose Butler speaks volumes. The coaching staff knew exactly what type of player Golden is, and more to the point, Golden knows exactly what type of player he is. He chose Butler because he believes it's a good fit for him, and he for it. That should tell us everything we need to know.

Best of luck to him. Move along, nothing more to see here."

"Fact is that the staff thought this kid could help the team. They recruited him and offered him. Meaning they thought he could play in the ACC and for us. Not getting him and losing him to Butler is not good regardless of where he is ranked or what you think of his fit or what you think of his game. Fact is staff looked at him liked him recruited him and offered him. He picked another school."

"If you take out our final four run and their disaster of 2014...my head is going to explode. No one, no 18 year old kid, no one, puts Butler in the same class as Syracuse. We are viewed as big time. The place we play. The coach we have. The league we play in. Butler is a very good program. And if I was a kid ranked out of the top 100 and wanted to play right away and not worry that I would be recruited over, I would really consider picking Butler over Syracuse. If I was a top tier kid, I wouldn't give it a second thought as I was eliminating Butler from my list of schools."

"Everything is just fine though! Nothing to worry about. Cuse always gets out recruited by the Butler's of the world."

"lol never mind that the kid already hada relationship with the school. never mind that he has a friendship with a kid on his AAU team going to Butler. We are Syracuse damn it. The coaches dropped the ball."

"- Butler offered Howard Washington. He picked Syracuse.
    - He committed there.
    - Right. I completely forgot about that. Why did he decommit from them again? Seriously asking."

So yeah, I do think landing Khalif will blow their collective minds over there. Complete meltdown type of reaction. The bold above is my emphasis. I wonder if this dude is the one that penned the now legendary, "I'm not worried" comment.

#60, shoeevv, I Am Butler and 6 others like this.
  12. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $323
    adkCuse confirmed

DawgsMD and pjohnsto2003 like this.
  13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,428
    Wow that's hysterical. I love the part about BU having no high expectations. They were 10th in the ACC this year & their coach is a cheating has been. I'd be salty too if I was a Syracuse fan. Those glory days are gone.

pappyball, huss587, BHayden and 3 others like this.
  14. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,335
    Well said!

15. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,233
    This is out of left field and pure speculation, but do we know if Battle would be available for 2018 reclassification? Didn’t know if the recent traction had anything to do with something like that given this is the time of year most kids decide something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

16. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,321
    Interesting theory. Not sure the incentive on his part makes sense with 3 returning guards (4 if you count JGB as a guard). It would be one thing if there was a starting spot, but if he is really good he could probably only get reserve playing time.

17. Dawgedd

Money:
    $1,321
    But it would be awesome.

WestLoopDog likes this.
  18. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,332
    I may be reading 247 incorrectly but it appears 4 out of 4 experts are predicting Butler for Khalif Battles.

Shimmy, DawgPoundMac, BHayden and 4 others like this.
  19. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $303
    You are not reading that wrong. We can't ahead of ourselves......but this looks REALLY good and it surfaced REALLY fast. They must kmow something right? The last 3 predictions happened within an hour of each other.

Love this kid and the Syracuse board will blow up if he commits here.

BHayden and cornette33 like this.
  20. Dawgedd

Money:
    $1,321
    Yeah, I see the same thing. Earlier this evening it was only 1--seems like either more intel or a bandwagon effect

cornette33 and Daddysmack like this.