Khalif Battle - 2019 Guard (Signed)

Discussion in '2019 Recruiting Profiles' started by bd5, Sep 12, 2017.

1. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,776
    That looks to be correct. Let’s hope intuition means something here.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

cornette33 likes this.
  2. dawgnation

dawgnation Active Member

Money:
    $185
    I think the surge in predictions for the dawgs is that Battle knows Butler has a need for a guard in the 2019 class and Battle also knows we are actively recruiting both Franklin and Terry and have good relationships with both. If he really does like BU, he is going to commit sooner rather than later so Franklin doesn’t do it before him. My personal opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

BHayden and Daddysmack like this.
  3. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $962
    Hope it is more intel than bandwagon!

Daddysmack likes this.
  4. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $347
    I think I tend to agree with this. If both Franklin and Battle are up for the same playing time......a commit may happen sooner than we think.

5. cornette33

Money:
    $962
    One good thing is Tyler Hicks used to predict crystal balls for BU. Now that he is at OSU the more positive thing is that more national guys are picking BU. Evan Daniels is one. He is pretty well connected.

6. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,193
    yeah. these guys are mostly right (most are correct >80% of the time). But remember Golden was 90/10 Cuse/Butler, so not always the case.

With Golden, the latest crystal ball was like 3 or so weeks prior to commitment. So I would say if this is real intel, then he will make a decision soon. If we don't hear anything for a while, the CBs likely lose some weight.

Now it's 5/5

Daddysmack and cornette33 like this.
  7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,465
  8. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $347

Wow 5 of 5.....that happened really quick. Of course things can change but wow!

9. IrishDawghouse

IrishDawghouse Member

Money:
    $148
    Usually, a bunch of crystal ball picks in a short time span mean that these guys know that a commitment is coming and want to get it in as soon as possible to get more points for the correct pick. I’d like to think it’s not just a bandwagon effect due to the fact that there have been 4 picks in about an hour time span. Fingers crossed that something is up here

peeps112 likes this.
  10. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,708
  11. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,037
    Daddysmack likes this.
  12. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,644
    He just visited Butler over the past week. Could be something here.

13. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,084
    I'm pretty excited but if he commits does that mean Franklin is out? And if so does he then go to Xavier...I don't like those dominos...

14. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $230
    Not saying he won't commit tomorrow, but I think we may need to pump the breaks a little bit here. A lot of times, these predictions are just chain reactions.

It looks like the Rutgers Rivals site posted an article last week on Battle's recruitment. Would be interesting too see if it mentioned any sort of timeline or the upcoming Butler visit. I think in Dec/Jan, he listed Butler, Rutgers, and Cuse as the three schools after him the longest.

15. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,037
    This would be especially great considering Syracuse is already salty about the Golden commitment.

16. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,119
    Absolutely not. Butler would still be all in on Franklin. They will only overlap with Kamar for 1 year, butler is going to need guard depth really soon and Franklin can play 1-3 easily.

17. cornette33

Money:
    $962
    Jerry Meyer on cbs sports on Battle's Pg has his prediction as unlocked. What does that mean? Good things?

18. DarthHoltmann

DarthHoltmann Member

Money:
    $80
    Somebody needs to convince me why we even want this kid. He’s transferred high schools already. He has played on at least 4 AAU teams in the last 2 years. He scored 13 points on 21 shots in 4 games last weekend. He scored 27 points on 41 shots with his old team the weekend before that. Looking through some of his high school box score he has a few impressive games, but I’m coming across nearly as many duds as well. I haven’t seen him play, but I just don’t see anything jumping out that makes me excited that people are predicting Butler.

19. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,119
    Love the elevation Battle gets on his jump shot. Battle is wearing number Zero (white tshirt under his blue jersey).

UDDawg likes this.
  20. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,775
    Is #5 in blue Paul Mulcahy? He looks like a pretty good player, too.