Khalif Battle - 2019 Guard (Signed)

Discussion in '2019 Recruiting Profiles' started by bd5, Sep 12, 2017.

1. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,182
    That's a little disappointing, and certainly lends more credence to it being one of the two, not both.

2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,717
    Interesting question about AF playing point. The good thing is he has at least 2 years to develop those skills. While we will have to see how things unfold, I don't think it's unreasonable to think he could play multiple positions including PG. If things develop as many hope, we should know what LJ's thought process is. It could come down to versatility vs. a pure point guard and or how does Gillis fit into the equation?

3. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,044
    Couple things...

1. I'm going to bump my idea that there's a chance for re-classification here... While I'm not sure it makes sense from a need stand-point, there is a weird amount of momentum here.
    2. 247 has Jerry Meyer listed as the lead recruiter for Battle. This is exactly the level of player I was hoping Meyer could attract to Butler.
    3. Hope we're not getting excited preemptively.

cornette33 and Daddysmack like this.
  4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,837
    Are some of you saying point guards are born to be point guards and one can't transition into that role?

5. seadawg

Money:
    $3,717
    Folks are merely saying it can be difficult transition. Which is true.

6. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,252
    If Battle commits, it will be interesting/revealing to see where the staff focuses its efforts for the last 2019 spot--if they feel they need a traditional PG they can go all in on Tyrell Terry, if they want another combo guard then they can purse Franklin, or if they want a wing/PF they can go for Gillis.

7. seadawg

Money:
    $3,717
    Another reason I might lean to AF beyond being a local kid, are his defensive skills and size. I just don't think there any correct answers as all 4 mentioned recruits are wonderful players.

8. Dawgedd

Money:
    $1,252
    The 6th CB is from Jerry Meyer. For some reason I can only see it if I click on 'Embed.' Then the 6 people who picked are listed at the top.

9. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,837
    Transitioning to college ball is difficult for many no matter what the position- see Nate Fowler.

I don't see AT being that much better than Kamar at the point. Actually I'd rank PJ above both of them at the point.

10. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,156
    Admittedly haven't watched a ton of either, but I'm under the impression Battle has more defensive upside of the two. They're listed at the same height and weight, so size is moot, and Battle seems quite a bit springier (AF actually seems limited athletically for a 4 star 2 guard). I think AF is the more polished, skilled of the two right now.

I don't know that I prefer one over the other, just saying I think the defensive upside is probably higher with Battle. If you want someone who's more likely to be an efficient scorer earlier in their career, I think the answer is AF. If you want a potential defensive stopper/better rebounder with a higher ceiling overall, I think it's Battle.

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    peeps112 likes this.
  11. Tedward

Tedward New Member

Money:
    $29
    Didn't JGB run the point for the scout team this year? A Roosevelt Jones-eque point guard that for when AT needs a breather. I think this would give Battle, AF time to develop or allow us to wait for a 2020 point gaurd

12. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,613
    Easy. Lavall and the staff want him. Is that not good enough for you? Let me know and I will see if I can come up with a better response.

ButlerHomer, peeps112, SRG and 6 others like this.
  13. Dawgedd

Money:
    $1,252
    Good point. A lot depends on JGBs offseason work. He says he is really working on his body this summer which would allow him to hopefully be quicker and see quality time on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $94
    I'm sure we are getting excited too soon, since we typically panic too soon. No idea if the crystal balls coming up mean he's recassifying or if he's just looking to make a decision soon, or just people making predictions because they heard something.

I'm assuming Meyer had a previous relationship with the family from when Tyus committed to Michigan. Would be a fantastic get though, and would love seeing him in a Bulldog uniform, whether it's in 2018 or 2019.

Daddysmack likes this.
  15. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,229
    If the crystal balls encourage Franklin to pull the trigger for BU and we get both, I’m ecstatic.

Dewars12 and seadawg like this.
  16. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,310
    Does anyone have any inside info behind the run of CBs? My only guess is the Villanova commitment..

17. seadawg

Money:
    $3,717
    Perhaps but maybe it could be trust with the BU staff ?

18. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,262
    Only one scholly left for 2019, it is one or the other or maybe someone else.

19. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,182
    No, there are 2 scholarships left.

20. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,224
    There's 2 open atm but I think people are assuming if Battle commits we are down to 1 and a preferred walk-on spot I believe