Khalif Battle - 2019 Guard (Temple)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by bd5, Sep 12, 2017.

1. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $950
    Apparently so, since 2014 mentioned same thing above, which was the first I heard it. I'd be interested in seeing that link if I have any articles left. Will try to track it down.

2. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,203
    My hearing it was second hand I think, so it’s plausible it’s false. I also think for some reason I may have heard he said it on Dakich or someone else’s show.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,433
    I’m pretty sure it was in a Woods piece.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

4. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,119
    Yeah, I read it in Woods’ article in The Star.

5. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,513
    I read it as well.

Butler's not in a position yet where we can really turn our nose down on top talent (unless there are huge red flags).

I mean Battle was what a Top 100 guy with strong bloodlines? Jordan knew the family previously from recruiting as another poster mentioned.

Think the hope was that he'd buy into the culture. Butler isn't for everyone though.

There's been some high end recruits that IU has gotten that wouldn't have excelled in a Butler uniform either.

It is a little surprising though to see the schools linked to him given how highly rated of a recruit he was just a year ago. Maybe that was just his personal preference of limiting it to smaller programs closer to home though.

Wish him well. It's not like he was a bad teammate here from a public perspective. Always seemed to be cheering on his teammates from the bench and was outspoken about his admiration for Kamar Baldwin.

Tentozen and 2xDawg like this.
  6. ButlerBoyz

ButlerBoyz Member

Money:
    $132
    I don't have as many sources as once upon a time but my sources pretty much seconded this. The team knew in the season that he wasn't coming back

Tentozen and joliebeth23 like this.
  7. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,119
    Led Temple with 22 points & 11 rebounds in a 76-67 win over Tulsa this afternoon.

TheDawgDub95 and godogs91 like this.
  8. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,098
    Good for him. Looks like only his 3rd game so far after coming back from hamstring issues.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg likes this.
  9. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,776
    Battle had 32 pts, 10 rebounds, 5 assists yesterday in a loss to USF

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,114
    See? I told you BU's strength and conditioning program is bad. We are injuring guys not even with the program anymore. /s

11. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,988
    He's definitely a volume shooter/scorer. Only shooting 32.5% from the field and 30% from 3. 79.5% on FT, though, which could have helped us.

willisbrown likes this.
  12. knobcreekfan

Money:
    $1,114
    If he was still with us, people would be screaming about his poor shooting percentage. But since he left, he is a missed opportunity that showcases LJ's lack of coaching ability.

Tentozen, godogs91 and NCJon like this.
  13. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,092
    I'm not so sure about that. 30% from 3 would be welcomed on this team. Frankly his scoring ability as a whole, volume shooting or not, would be welcomed.

I think in other years, maybe. But this year things are so dire and desperate a player of his talent is sorely missed. Too bad he left.

znelson15 likes this.
  14. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,083
    He'd basically be reinforcing the poor performance of the offense more than improving anything based on the analytics. Team 3P% is 32.6% for the season and 32% in conference.

15. knobcreekfan

Money:
    $1,114
    Hmmmm....shooting accuracy worse than any nine of our regular players with higher frequency than anyone on our team. Forgetting his lack of culture fit but considering the lower level of competition in his current conference, not someone I want on the team. In business lingo this is analogous to "we lose money on every sale, but we make it up in volume."

16. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,092
    Some of you LaVall apologists are ridiculous. He could kill the priest at the local catholic church and y'all would defend him. So because he ran Khaliff off, we don't want him. He wasn't a fit. BLAH freaking BLAH. This team right now sucks and is a complete train wreck. And y'all think this kid was a problem? Absolutely hilarious. Keep being true believers and have your head in the sand as your program reaches lowest level hell territory.

We could never use a kid that can score because LaVall ran him off. Got it. Maybe LaVall needs to run more of "his" players off because they aren't doing ish except being injured and sucking on the court. But Battle was the problem. My God.

And speaking of culture, yeah it's real good on this current squad. So competitive out there, so head strong, so disciplined, so positive, so not going through the motions, so not playing when you are cleared to play...I could go on. But some of y'all need to cool it on your worship of LaVall. He's entered in a culture of soft play and discipline is an issue.

Cranjis McBasketball likes this.
  17. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,203
    Would you like to provide some evidence that Khalif did fit into the program culture, and Lavall ran him off anyways?

Also, would you like to provide some evidence that the injured players have been cleared to play and are choosing not to?

Or can we agree this is just speculative, conspiratorial nonsense that is in opposition to all of the things that we actually know to be true?

18. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,092
    It's not speculative. And y'all know much less than you think you do.

I don't burn people that slide me information. They have my word on that and I hardly think they'd be pleased to come on here or social media and see me specifically blabbing as to the information which they felt in good faith they could share with me. Good try though.

19. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,834
    If you have an actual source, that person is part of the problem, especially if they are close to the program. Seems like they like to get off to bad news.

20. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,126
    Have you ever noticed how self-serving the rumors are? When it's someone "bad" like Hastings, then he quit on the team; he's a bad kid. But when it's someone "good" like Tucker or Battle, then LaVall ran them off.

It's almost like they are just conspiracy theories with an obvious agenda.