Khalif Battle - 2019 Guard (Temple)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by bd5, Sep 12, 2017.

1. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,114
    I know this is a challenging concept for some, but multiple things can be true at the same time. The team is not playing well. The team is having morale issues. LJ can improve at X's & O's. AND Battle is not a player we want on the team.

Again, he would have the 7th best (only AT, Golden and Tate are worse) 3% on the most attempts. Worst FG% on the most attempts. Worst +/- rating.

PSUButlerFan and Tentozen like this.
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,092
    Hastings, with clear playing time available and an opportunity to gain a role in this program, left the program mid season. And he's not coming back. So...yeah by definition that is quitting. So, not sure the point there. I never called him a "bad kid". I said he left the team/quit on his team. Which he did. He took his ball and went home. That's quitting. Especially when he could have probably have been getting at least 10-15 minutes of solid run.

What about Brunk? That dude and his family were working behind the scenes to set everything up with IU DURING a season where he was a starter. He was much more important than Hastings ever would have been, and I said he quit on his team. Not only that but his play probably costs us 2-3 games if not more.

The original point is that the nonsense that we couldn't use a player like Battle on this crap show is hilarious and the ONLY reason anyone says that is their weird obsession with LaVall being some basketball God. What on earth is he doing right now to demonstrate a good culture? But Battle was the problem. Not true.

Just quit with the culture argument. Whatever culture this is right now and was in 2018-2019, is not a culture that is a winning one.

3. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,202
    So what you want me to believe is that your source is better than what every single other person has reported, and you are willing to report what they said, but not provide any evidence of them saying it?

And what they're reporting is that Lavall is doing what would essentially amount to sabotaging his own program for no apparent reason?

We're supposed to believe *that* over what everyone else has heard, and what makes logical sense?

And we're supposed to believe this source is *this* good, yet somehow you still end up being wrong on almost *everything*?

PSUButlerFan and Tentozen like this.
  4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,092
    Believe what y'all want. I'll believe what I know. Carry on blindly as this thing continues its drive to the core of basketball hell.

Hell some of you still don't realize Hastings is gone for good. Y'all be some funny MFers.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  5. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,202
    So did Tucker quit on the team? Did he quit on Duke? Or did he just make a decision that we may not understand, but he feels is in his best interest?

Second, Battle would have played and gotten a lot of minutes this year. I think his talent would have helped this team. That doesn't mean the wrong decision was made. In a program like Butler, culture and team always have to come first.

While things do not look right for this team, that does not mean they have a culture problem. Getting rid of Battle doesn't mean new problems can't arise. Your point that there are issues even though we got rid of Battle speculates both there is a culture problem and Battle was not previously detrimental to culture. We have very little to nothing to support either of those things.

Tentozen likes this.
  6. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,202
    1, 2 and 3 are all completely separate, unrelated, discussions that you are attempting to weave together in some sort of convoluted web to make a point.

The only thing you have actually demonstrated is that you believe we are somehow dumb for not believing you, even though you have offered no reason for us to believe you. Your only explanation for why you were right was blatant gaslighting.

Then you tried to justify your beliefs as superior by somehow trying to suggest that because we don't believe you, the program is going to crumble. And then something about us being dumb for something about Hastings.

Nothing makes sense about anything you've said.

Tentozen likes this.
  7. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,798
    It's almost like stop counting the votes in states that I'm winning and we need to count every vote in states I'm losing AND...This Covid thing is the Chinese Flu and I'm not going to stop living my life, fear politics, I'm going to the bar, I refuse to wear a mask...

8. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,202
    Also, minimal, but essential changes in how you live your life to protect yourself and others is "living in fear"

most importantly, don't forget that everyone hates Jordan Tucker!

PSUButlerFan and 2xDawg like this.
  9. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $701
    I don’t understand what the big issue is here... the writing is on the wall and you can believe what you want. It’s likely a combination of not wanting to sit (and grow) to earn minutes and possibly clashing with what the coaching staff saw in him in terms of readiness to play (seen by some as not meshing well with the coaching staff which can be argued is true if he wanted more minutes).

In terms of Hastings, he put in a lot of work the last few years but in terms of other players at the 3 spot, he wasn’t near the top of the list so he *might* have decided to not return for a new academic semester and put the work in (court or academics) just to be sidelined more. But either way he went home and *likely* isn’t coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

10. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,202
    Some texans believe that the snow is fake and a government conspiracy.

Fortunately we have a guy to sleuth that out!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

PSUButlerFan and 2xDawg like this.
  11. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,517
    NCJon likes this.