Khalif Battle Transferring

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by CarmelDawg23, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,756
    Willis, you were right all along. How did you know?

2. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,513
    A lot of people have thrown around Rutgers.

Syracuse was the runner-up and where his brother played right? That could also be an option without knowing anything about their situation.

I wonder if his late season benching was because he was transferring or whether he was simply butting heads with Jordan. At the time, it seemed like a trivial thing.

znelson15 likes this.
  3. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,157
    Just going to say this, anyone saying this kid is a "bad fit" for the "Butler Way" either doesnt know anything about the kid or doesn't have a clue what the Butler Way is about.

Battle was a good teammate, stayed engaged the entire season and cheered his team on to the end. I heard repeatedly about how hard he went in practice. I'll root for him no matter where he lands.

Hopefully LaVall can make quick use of his scholarship. Next year is going to be about watching the kids grow. Can't wait.

4. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,842
    “Engaged the entire season” and a good butler fit and yet spoke openly to Butler students many weeks ago about how he wanted to transfer? Model teammate and great practices yet was a healthy scratch for the last several games of the season after appearing in 24 games?

Does that make any sense?

Tentozen, BigHoss and 2xDawg like this.
  5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,307
    When I started the fun a couple weeks ago you said you didn't think he was transferring. Now you say you heard a few weeks ago? Kid was gone as soon as he got benched in that DePaul game. You argued it which, whatever. But, why? Why not just embrace it? It was over for a long time and you knew it just like I did.

6. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,307
    Am I lucky or just a ******* genius? You make that call.

Y'all need to learn to listen to me a little more and not come at me like I'm ******* china looking to take down your country. I'm flawed in every sense of the word, but, as Antwon Mitchell said "I don't kill for no reason"

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,307
    Which is why I begged the question and the talking mouths of Butler Basketball reached out to me personally and said all is well, no big deal, sick, structuring the bench for the tourney run...horse shiiiiiiiiiiite.

Level headed dudes knew this. Homers fought against it for some reason. We knew, they didn't want to tell...basically. It was over from about mid feb on. It's too bad, but, if one opened their eyes they knew.

8. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,307
    It was. He was one foot out the door. And yes, Cuse is on the table. He'll end up back east for sure.

9. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,593
    Off topic...but The Shield was such a great show.

willisbrown likes this.
  10. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,307
    Glad you got the reference. But in that, it means, hey, I don't do ish for grins. I didn't say what I said as a joke. I colored it a joke. But...you know.

11. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,367
    Sucks to have it confirmed, but anyone that watched the games down the stretch, especially the ones in which AT was injured, knew this was probably coming.

What is troubling that only one other poster touched on is that Battle was all in on LJ. And something has soured. All of the incoming recruits are likewise all in on LJ, so it will be interesting to see what went wrong.

I do think that for whatever reason Battle never really clicked either in our system or the speed of the game at this level. Unfortunately this is probably the new norm. I love our incoming frosh class, but I figure one or two will end up transferring.

The one upside is that we have like 30 minutes available at the 2 and that should appeal to anyone who looks at Baldwin and realizes the opportunity there.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,307
    Think Scoob will be our starter at the "2".

13. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,367
    I don’t hate it. But let’s face it, we don’t have the best track record of getting Frosh ready to start from Day 1. There are always exceptions, sure, but I’d feel a lot more comfortable with a seasoned grad transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,145
    Neither upset nor surprised.

15. BigHoss

BigHoss Active Member

Money:
    $424
    BINGO! I wish people would stop automatically connecting being excited and doing goofy things on the bench, with being a good teammate.

Anyone can fake being a good teammate when national TV cameras are watching your every move. Who cares if you’re the first one on the floor after a buzzer beater, if you’ve got one foot out the door behind the scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,236
    Amazing how some of you guys are bashing Khalif when you practically sucked Brunk’s asshole on the way out. I wish Khalif the best, just won’t be here at Butler unfortunately.

Army Dawg!!! and firedupkaren like this.
  17. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Well-Known Member

Money:
    $658
    I wish all the luck to Battle. Obviously he didn’t feel comfortable here and wanted to move on. I don’t like it but he has every right to move on and pursue different opportunities.
    Just like Battle I am ready to move on and find his replacement. Let’s get a good one LJ!!!

18. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,145
    Battle's investment to BU was relatively small compared to that of Brunk. Best for him to make this move now regardless of the circumstances. I do think he will valuable asset for another team with another of maturity.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  19. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,307
    I hate to say "Shelvin and Gordon did" because those are all time greats and pros, you hate to compare what is unknown to them. But, I really do believe Scooby is ready to be that next great freshman.

And if not...you slide Tuck there and maybe play David (if ready) in that lineup as well? Either way though, we're going to need and we better hope these new guys coming in are the truth. Our depth needs to be.

seadawg likes this.
  20. willisbrown

Money:
    $11,307
    We're out to at least 4 guards/wings that we know of, and that's what we know of. I applaud the aggressiveness of showing interest in guys. There is a spot for someone to come in and play a huge role in a great conference. We'll nail down someone. (Lord willing)