Kris Wilkes - 2017 Small Forward (UCLA)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by butlerfan, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,156
    Did we watch him much throughout July? If it's a cut to around five, have to think we won't be on it, correct? Something like UNC-Mich-Wash-UCLA-IU-UK?

2. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    If I had to guess...

IU, Kentucky, Michigan, UCLA, Washington

3. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,069
    Apparently Wilkes was really wanting that UNC offer. Wonder if that is his dream school?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. xfan1989

xfan1989 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $512
    I'll be shocked if Xavier isn't in the top 5. Especially if we get a Scruggs commit soonish.

5. I like turtles

I like turtles Active Member

Money:
    $391
    Xavier can suck a butt.

6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,836
    Possible but I'd be real surprised if he committed to X. I see him going to North Carolina or another blue blood.

7. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,156
    Agree. Xavier may get Scruggs (still think he goes IU), but Wilkes is not happening.

8. MilkSteak

Money:
    $2,784
    [tweet]758792757070721024[/tweet]

9. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,069
    UNC and UCLA getting two official visits with dates scheduled, so those two have definitely made it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Butler makes the final list just because they are closest. It's fairly common for the local school to make the list just because they usually have spent quite a bit of time watching and the family/friends usually like it and want to watch the recruit play. Most players narrow it down to 5 but really have it narrowed even further in their mind, so they leave a popular school amongst their friends in the list.

That said, I don't think Butler has any shot even if they make the top 5 at this point (my pick is UNC). I really hope I'm wrong, because Wilkes will be playing in the NBA some day, but I just don't see it happening. That said, it would be a nice publicity boost if Butler could be included here. It could maybe put a little bit of pressure on others at his position to pull the trigger.

10. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,024
    I'm sorry, but what is with the UCLA love? Alford is a crap coach and a complete prick, and UCLA has been horrible outside of his kid. You all in Indiana know it, and since I'm from Iowa and all of my friends hate him, I know it. It's a good school that really wants to stop being USC's little brother in football (which I actually hope they do since one of my good friends is a coach there), but it's a long way from home and is a very different campus vibe. Blueitt too... I don't get it. But he did pick X, so I guess we all can question his decision making :)

11. I like turtles

I like turtles Active Member

Money:
    $391
    Beverley Hills > Indianapolis

I get your argument but don't underestimate the appeal SoCal has for some.

12. xfan1989

Money:
    $512
    i agree I think Wilkes is unc. He will probably start anywhere he goes honestly. But like I said I'll be shocked if X doesn't make the list. Really really good relationship w Steele.

13. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,032
    The fact that nobody with a HC vacancy has backed up a Brinks truck for Steele yet is baffling to me.

14. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,007
    I think it will come down to UNC and Washington. I know Washington seems out of the blue but they already got Michael Porter Jr, who some consider to the be the top prospect in the 2017 class ahead of Ayton, Carter, and Mo Bamba, as well as another top 50 recruit in the 2017 class. They have also pulled Markelle Fultz for this year, and even though he will probably be 1 and done, they are starting to pull guys in Washington. I know Porter only went there because his Dad is on the staff now, but there is some appeal to playing with two other top prospects and playing in the Pac 12. Plus Wilkes has talked about wanting to get out there and take a visit. I agree Butler could definitely make the list, but I do not see us as a factor in this one.

15. MilkSteak

Money:
    $2,784
    Wilkes has been weirdly infatuated with Washington for a while too.

16. ButlerBoy

ButlerBoy Member

Money:
    $6
    This is a true and hilarious statement.

17. xfan1989

Money:
    $512
    He could've taken NKU a few years back- but at this point he's coach in waiting at X. Mack will prolly leave when Louisville opens up and then Steele will have the X job no problem. His in laws are from the area and pretty sizeable X boosters so I don't think he wants to go coach at a small school or even assistant at a big time school.

He could end up being even better than Mack in my opinion

18. MilkSteak

Money:
    $2,784
    [tweet]759064118422712320[/tweet]

A little overlap but not much obviously.

19. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,896
    " Mack will prolly leave when Louisville opens up"

Really...............Louisville has the budget to hire almost anyone they want, Mack won't be in their top five. I guess you are in your Archie Miller mode again.

It's amusing you believe Mack is a shoe-in for Louisville but believe Travis Steele is likely a better coach. What ?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  20. MilkSteak

Money:
    $2,784
    [tweet]759078240157888512[/tweet]

God dammit.

Alright...who here did it?

EDIT: My money's on Ari.