Kris Wilkes - 2017 Small Forward (UCLA)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by butlerfan, Aug 9, 2013.

1. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,063
    Well, FWIW Wilkes RT'ed it. Who says comedy is dead?

Obviously a long shot here, but we can dream.

2. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,307
    I guarantee you it's not Ari. This sort of crap is so stupid.

3. I like turtles

I like turtles Active Member

Money:
    $391
    small edit

4. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,024
    I'm pretty sure that technically fans/boosters tweeting at recruits is a violation. Of course there is no way to police it and everyone does it.

5. xfan1989

xfan1989 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $512
    I get that you don't like Xavier that's cool you don't have to. But you're absolutely daft if you don't believe he'd be a top 5 candidate for most big time schools right now - with how he recruits and develops a roster. Him and Archie are two of the most talked about when any job comes up. They're the new Stevens/Shaka

i said I think Steele "could" be better I didn't say he was. I'd love for Mack to stick around but I'm absolutely a realist and he will leave for a big time job at some point.

6. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,067
    The program is supposed to try to police it. So doing things like this just gives the compliance department extra work. Obviously they can't force anyone to do/not do anything, but the NCAA wants them to at least make an effort to stop it if they become aware of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,984
    Something even we can agree on!

8. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $359
    That's one problem. Personally, I find it weird and creepy when grown men tweet at high schoolers.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

9. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    Gregg Marshall is almost always mentioned before those two.

10. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,896
    Do you honestly think Louisville would hire Chris "Gangsta Ball" Mack to restore their reputation and repair their image ? That's absurd. Besides Mack doesn't have anywhere near the tournament record they would be looking for. Jay Wright yes, Shaka Smart maybe, Brad Stevens maybe, Chris Mack not a chance.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  11. xfan1989

Money:
    $512
    You realize Louisville hired pitino,kept him after a sex scandal, kept him after a prostituion scandal, and hired Petrino after he was forced to resign for an affair? You really think louisville cares about a brawl that happened 5 years ago at this point? No they don't. And what I'm saying is Mack is a realistic target. Are any of those guys you listed leaving their current positions? Really doubtful all are very happy and have turned down numerous big time gigs.

There was even a KSR report that Mack was the #1 target when they thought they'd have to fire pitino to save themselves.

You don't have to like it but unless something really changes Mack will be mentioned heavily w that job if it comes up in the next few years and we are still at the same level of success we've had the last 2 years

12. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,507
    Louisville's president was just fired (immediately) this past week due to money scamming issues, I believe. It was something about money, and the theft thereof. The whole school is a wanna be former commuter school. Got a feeling they are going to be real sensitive to anything or anyone tainted, with the exception, of course, to Slick Rick, who is untouchable. But of course, we're talking about Louisville, not really a bastion of Mensa candidates. As long as the basketball team wins, who needs college presidents, or teachers, or classes, or even dentists for that matter.

13. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,896
    They are not going to dump Pitino and turn right around and hire Chris Mack. That wouldn't make any sense at all. But hey if it was on Kentucky Sports Radio ......Who are you going to quote next, Ken Broo.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
  14. xfan1989

Money:
    $512
    Hey I hope you're right and Mack stays at X and continues to build off last year for the next decade

15. MilkSteak

Money:
    $2,784
    Supposedly releasing his list today.

After thinking about it some more, I'm gonna guess...

UNC
    UCLA
    Michigan
    Washington
    Xavier

16. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,835
    He cut it to 11! Butlers in.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  17. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $16,067
    Not too much of a cut.

18. MilkSteak

Money:
    $2,784
    Well, to his credit he did cut out about half of his offers:

Georgia Tech
    Kansas
    Maryland
    Michigan State
    Notre Dame
    Oregon
    Purdue
    TCU
    Vanderbilt

...were all cut

19. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $16,067
    Kentucky never offering does help. I would have felt a lot better if this was a week ago before the UNC offer.

20. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,835
    Probably knew UNC was coming. I'm glad we are still in. May tell prospects something.