Kris Wilkes - 2017 Small Forward (UCLA)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by butlerfan, Aug 9, 2013.

1. bu2013

bu2013 Active Member

Money:
    $248
    Yikes, you need a hug bud?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. xufan02

xufan02 Active Member

Money:
    $71
    Not at all, Kris was a very long shot. I had little to no expectation of landing him. I just have a strong dislike for Crean, and Alford and Groce are a bad season away from getting canned.

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,834
    I'd pi
    Agree on your comments especially regarding Alford. The guy is a tool and an incredible underperformer.

4. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,067
    Everyone thinks it's IU, and this was before the recent announcement. Ending his visits after IU makes me even more confident it's them.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,155
    Not so fast my friend (Lee Corso voice). http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...all-star-kris-wilkes-nears-decision/91888416/

Many are speculating these comments suggest he's headed to Westwood.

I don't know what to think, other than I'd be shocked if he goes to Illinois.

6. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,986
  7. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,287
    So does Groce have to land Wilkes keep his job? If he doesn't their recruiting class projects around 15ish... the kenpom projections have them at 70th, 10th in the B1G at 7-11, and missing the Tournament for the 4th straight season, isn't he working for an AD that didn't hire him(?)... I'm not very familiar with UofI but how hot is his seat??? Basically, what I'm asking is does Groce have two options to keeping his job land Wilkes or make the Dance? Or is there another?

"John Groce, Illinois

The Fighting Illini have a 29–43 record in the Big Ten in Groce’s four seasons, with a high-water mark of 9–9 in 2014-15. Last year, Illinois went 5–13 in the league, with four of the wins coming over Rutgers (two) and Minnesota (two). And possibly the most damaging stat for Groce: The Illini have missed the NCAA Tournament in each of the last three seasons, the school’s longest such stretch since the early days of the Lou Henson era in the late 1970s."

http://athlonsports.com/college-basketball/9-college-basketball-coaches-hot-seat-2016-17

8. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $480
    Decision coming early November. Looks like UCLA or IU.

9. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,524
    Well he just eliminated IU & Illinois today. So looks like UCLA is the last one standing.

10. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,155
    This was meant to be metaphorical and not prophetic.

11. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    Fine with me. Totally fine with me.

12. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,834
    Maybe a November surprise.

13. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    So why is he waiting? He's basically announced his commitment.

14. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $5,524
    Yeah, it's kind of odd. I wonder if that date just has some sort of significance to him - so he wants to announce that day. Even though it sounds like he's made up his mind.

I don't remember who tweeted it this morning (One of the IU guys: Peegram, Rabjohns, etc) but I can't find the tweet now. I wonder if they decided to delete it as a courtesy to Wilkes - to not steal his thunder with the announcement. He was probably quietly letting IU & Illinois know his decision in advance but didn't anticipate it being public.

Also read on the interwebs that Wilkes wanted to go one-and-done and he feels that UCLA gives him the best opportunity to do that.

15. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,986
    Officially committed to UCLA.

16. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $480

I hope he gets good feedback and goes!

17. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $5,524
    Alford is getting fired today.

18. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,229
  19. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,834
    I doubt Wilkes will transfer. He always was focused on the NBA. The only reason one would pick UCLA as long as Alford is the coach is to get to the NBA.

20. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $480