Kyle Young - 2017 Forward (Flip - Ohio St.)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Sep 3, 2015.

1. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,139
    This thread is why I don't like to refer to other schools' threads and make fun of them. Great recruits choose to sign to play for coaches, not universities. I thought we would be used to this given our turnover. Now, let's move forward sign some great players and keep LaVall.

2. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $1
    Well if you read ***'s forum about half of their fans are questioning why they'd even want KY.

3. DawgFan14

DawgFan14 Active Member

Money:
    $313
    Then you must have some special filter and/or some people blocked.

4. LA-OC-IE

LA-OC-IE Active Member

Money:
    $194
    http://www.news-sentinel.com/sports...th_former_bulldog_coach_20170619&profile=1178

“That first hour,” Holtmann explained, “we started making calls.”
    Rest assured one of those “calls” was to (Canton) Jackson High School forward Kyle Young, whom Holtmann had already recruited – and signed – at his previous position with Butler.

In a related story....

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...s-he-regrets-leaving-butler-for-iowa/4496231/

With that, I'm done with Holt. LJ is assembling a great staff and we have a lot to look forward to.

seadawg and willisbrown like this.
  5. BUBBALUM

BUBBALUM Member

Money:
    $72
    If his first calls were to KY before he was released from the NLI, that's a no-no.

6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,162
    Well guess the NCAA will be all over that.

7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,349
    As well as they should. Holtmann too the money grab and the money bag. And he used it. He has many more toys to play with, with a university that looks the other way on aplenty. As much as that screams tampering, the NCAA won't even blink.

8. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $959
    They will put IUPUI in probation.

9. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,162
    No matter how you peel an onion it is still an onion. Why did they call him that morning? What did they say to him ? Why would they call his high school coach at all let alone say he has a spot if he comes? They really didn't " recruit" him? Of course it always was up to Kyle. Come on THicks.

10. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,020
    This is simply unbelievable. :)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  11. BullDawg2789

BullDawg2789 Active Member

Money:
    $569
    Why did he call Kyle? To tell him he took the OSU job. Same as he did with Neese and the others. THicks and Jared Grubbs would know infinitely more than anyone on this forum, questioning them is dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BUStudent likes this.
  12. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,162
    So now we can't question either of them? Can we question you? Let's assume that we can question you- Why did CH call his coach and when? Do you think it is OK to call his coach after they accepted the jobs at OSU and tell him there is a spot for KY? This isn't recruiting? Again since I can't ask either THicks or Grubbs you are next up.

dawgs2014 likes this.
  13. BullDawg2789

BullDawg2789 Active Member

Money:
    $569
    I don't have either of their sources. But do I think it's appropriate to call their high school coaches? Not really. As for all your other questions, Tyler answered them in his post above.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

14. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,994
    I know others were mentioning NCAA violations, but I'm not going that far. There is a huge difference between operating within the rules and unethical recruiting tactics. Even though I suspected the Pedon contacts before you confirmed, I felt the situation was handled unethically by ***'s staff. Now that I know the Pedon bit, it solidifies that the whole deal was underhanded.

15. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,162
    Tom Davis of the News Sentinel is a possible source as that is what he said in his article about CH/staff contacting KY the morning he accepted the job and then contacted his coach to let KY know there was a position for him. Listen at this point I'm glad the two are gone and we are reloading with guys that were former Butler players or coaches and have some modicum of loyalty and hopefully are ethical.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  16. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,920
    Let's put a nail in this coffin and move on. Please. We're beating a dead horse here.

Regardless of what Holt & staff did/didn't do is all water under the bridge at this point. KY decided, and that's fine. We might not like it, but it is what it is.

Let's put our focus and energy behind LaVall, the future and the 4 boys who decided that The Butler Way is for them.

#GoDawgs

seadawg likes this.
  17. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $641
    Young has scored 4 points, all in his first game, for the year. He’s also played less than 15 minutes on the season in the three blowouts.

18. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $641
    I thought Young looked good tonight. Played smart with lots of hustle plays.

19. NateDog

NateDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $449
    Played 35 minutes in their opener after averaging 8.6 mpg last year. That's something

BHayden and SpartanDawgs like this.
  20. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,149