Kyle Young - 2017 Forward (Flip - Ohio St.)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Sep 3, 2015.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,582
  2. nicklas_early

nicklas_early Active Member

Money:
    $461
    Kyle Young 2018-2019 season:
    6.0 ppg 20.5 mpg
    4.4 rpg 67.2 fg%
    0.9 apg 16.7 3fg%
    58.3 ft%

3. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,330
    Nice Athletic article about Young - https://theathletic.com/1657576/202...d-to-find-closure-before-he-could-be-himself/

It mentions how gracious Collier was to grant him his release. Sounds like Kyle ended up in a pretty dark place starting college with homesickness and his father's death still hurting him. A quote from his mother (hope no one takes this the wrong way): "“Thank God he ended up at Ohio State and not five hours away at Butler,’’ Mary says. “If we had gone through the same thing, with the homesickness, I don’t think he would have made it. Someone was looking out for us. That’s all I can say.’’

bumba, #60, Sidd Finch and 5 others like this.
  4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,902
    Young has been a solid starter at OSU . It’s very tough losing a parent at anytime but particularly when you are trying to adjust to college and the demands of playing a sport. I don’t take what his mother said other than referring to the distance and homesickness and her need for him to be closer.

DawgsMD, Sidd Finch, Shimmy and 2 others like this.
  5. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,008
    Especially given the loss of his father, I never had a problem with him following Holtmann to OSU. I am glad he had his family close and it worked out for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

#60, DawgsMD, butlerdude05 and 7 others like this.