Lamar Norman - 2018 Guard (Duquesne)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,066
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2017
  2. BHayden

BHayden Well-Known Member

Money:
    $491
    Interestingly enough, Hastings’ teammate Lamar Norman just decommitted from UTEP. Seems like he has a lot of upside and athleticism and is listed as a 3 star on rivals. Also, had a previous offer from Milwaukee which I’m assuming was from LaVall? Might be something to look into for the staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

ButlerFan89 likes this.
  3. IrishDawghouse

IrishDawghouse Active Member

Money:
    $168
    I really like Lamar Norman. Tremendous upside with how athletic he is and great shooter. I know someone from his area that says he should definitely be getting more major D1 looks. I would love for Butler to offer. Also, Hastings and Norman already have chemistry playing on the same high school team so that would only help

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

BHayden likes this.
  4. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,023
    If he’s athletic and can shoot, sign him up. Those types tend to do well in the college game.

5. IrishDawghouse

Money:
    $168
    #4 Lamar Norman is an absolute stud. Can do it all. Athleticism definitely pops out. I’m hearing from locals a flurry of D1 offers are expected to come soon I hope he has the grade requirements that Butler can go after him

6. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,217
    What's the tweet say? It won't come up, thanks!

7. IrishDawghouse

Money:
    $168
    It’s a highlight video of their last game. Norman really stood out over everyone imo

8. 4636Cornelius

4636Cornelius Member

Money:
    $79
    My brother in law coaches in the Grand Rapids area, was at the game on Friday night, and has heard that Norman very much wants to go to Butler. He was impressed with his game on Friday, very quick, made good decisions, knocked down several 3's. He said he was actually more impressed with Norman than Hastings and that is no slight on Hastings.

9. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $479
    I think everyone would be more than happy to welcome Norman if the Butler staff wanted him and if he the academics are there.

BHayden likes this.
  10. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $92
    I don't know about everyone, but I think most would welcome him. Offensively, I think he looks like he's got the tools to be a good player in college, my only concern is what kind of defender he can be in college. He looks to be a good enough athlete, I just think he looks like he could use a little more bulk or strength, but without having seen him on defense in his videos, it's a little difficult to really know.

Butler needs a stud scorer at the 3/4 spot next year, but save for having another stud or two that can go get their own buckets if necessary, I think Butler's got some nice pieces in place.

11. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $92
  12. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,980
  13. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,217
    That's the news we've been waiting for. Wondering if Markeese will come with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

mass_dawgs likes this.
  14. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,830
    Let's lock this kid up in Hinkle!

15. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $727
    Great news! Don't let him off campus until we have a commitment.

16. IrishDawghouse

Money:
    $168
    Norman now receiving serious interest from Missouri and Creighton. This kid is going to blow up so it would be nice if we got a commitment before high majors start offering

17. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Active Member

Money:
    $274
    Coach Milton‏ @CoachDMilton Dec 20
    Godwin Heights 76 Grand Rapids CC 58 Lamar Norman @Swaggyp__0 finished with 29Pts Markeese Hastings @Hoop_King015 had 14Pts & 8Rebs. Norman set the tone very early & scored at will. Hastings played tough the entire game. This Duo is the BEST in the State[​IMG][​IMG]

DawgPoundMac and MSUDawg like this.
  18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
    It's definitely good news. Two guys that have played together for years and can score/rebound. It will be loud that game so he'll get the full Hinkle effect. Let's go Dawgs, we need to win this one.

19. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,285
    What AAU team did Lamar Norman run with this Summer? When exactly did Norman commit to UTEP?

20. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $479
    [​IMG]

Would be a great victory for the dawgs. LaVall and co always on it imo. Just need to close.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops