Lamar Norman - 2018 Guard (Duquesne)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Lamar Norman

Lamar Norman Active Member

Money:
    $189
    Thanks For The Support but we don't see an offer coming but we will see coming March we did our part now it's up to Butler staff to figure if Lamar a right fit for there program. I love reading that the fans wants Lamar thanks

Sent from my [device_name] using Butler Hoops mobile app

fdr, dippper61, PSUButlerFan and 4 others like this.
  2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,012
    BU needs a game ready grad-transfer or Juco for next year. I'm sure the staff is well aware of the teams needs. I honestly don't think this will be an overnight change. Getting players will be a long term project for the coaches. If BU can acquire Gillis or Franklin to go with JMM will be a step in the right direction for 2019. Lots of unknowns at this point. I do feel Norman is vastly underrated. Still at least 1 PF type player should be a priority. Perhaps someone else will emerge? Hastings will be physical player but I would doubt he could he will make a an immediate impact as a freshmen.

Lamar Norman likes this.
  3. seadawg

Money:
    $4,012
    Lamar, BU is kind of stuck between a rock and hard place presently. I hope things can work out.

4. BUdawgsfan04

BUdawgsfan04 Member

Money:
    $180
    Is 24/7 sports not correct? Because according to that it says that Norman has been offered by Butler. I'm guessing that it is incorrect since y'all seem to be on the same page.

5. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,823
    Correct, We have not offered at this time.

6. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,212
    I think at this point, Butler is waiting until after the season to see what happens with roster management and potential grad/juco bigs.

If JGB transfers, that opens up a spot for Lamar. Same probably for David or grad transfer route for McD. No, I'm not advocating for transfers and I don't have any inside knowledge. But we have a glut right now at the guard position and it seems that right now they don't all complement each other well. In the 1-3 spots, you have one more year of Jorgs, two years for Baldwin and three years for AT. And that's just the starters. I'm sure Butler wants Lamar, but also knows that they need bigs for next year. So, it might just be a timing thing. Make sure you have the scholies for the bigs first and then maybe after roster management, you can steak Lamar.

Just random speculation because I'd love to see these two continue their careers together.

7. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,718
    I spoke to somebody connected with the program yesterday, during the game, who said Jordan wants 3 scholarships available for 2019. (Franklin Gillis and Mulloy would be an awfully nice class.1)

That means we only have 1 scholarship available in the spring for a grad transfer. I'd guess Jordan will explore that market heavily (Fowler and Brunk isn't enough) and see whether any scholarships open up from a tranfser. I'd guess that if JGB were to transfer, Norman would likely have an offer.

Lamar Norman likes this.
  8. BHayden

BHayden Well-Known Member

Money:
    $499
    dippper61 and Lamar Norman like this.
  9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,638
    Yeah that's ridiculous. If Norman goes to prep school for a year at like Oak Hill or LaLu, it would probably help him get into a better program than those passing on him now.

BUcheer and Lamar Norman like this.
  10. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,256
    Can’t say I’m a fan of the over the head dribble and the showboating here. I know kids get caught up in the moment but that feels like mocking a team they were blowing out. Others likely see it differently.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. Lamar Norman

Money:
    $189
    It wasn't a blowout until second half I agree but everyone that knows him for his dunks and its his last home game of his career give them something to remember but we all Love Zion Williams

fdr, Mad_Dawg 48, BHayden and 3 others like this.
  12. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,259
    If I were to guess, it is simply because the staff is prioritizing a big, including in the potential transfer/grad market. And rightfully so, given our holes that have shown up in the last few games. Based on what I have seen, Norman would have a definite impact and I am hoping he gets an offer. But I think the staff probably wants to make sure they first get another big and then offer Norman. Personally, hopefully they can land an athletic big transfer and Norman.

13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,951
    Butler will have four solid guards next year in PJ, KB, JGB and AT plus McD who has outstanding handles that can play some at the top. Where we are incredibly deficient is at the 4 and 5. We need two more bigs that combined can play 40 minutes before we need a guard. There is going to be a lot of transfers this year. If there indeed are a lot of sanctions this spring then the NCAA may allow immediate transfers of underclassmen as early as this spring. Let's get some bigs.

Lamar Norman likes this.
  14. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,951
    I'm fine with that dunk. He's just a kid. That wasn't in your face like Macura stuff.

15. Lamar Norman

Money:
    $189
    My I see the video to see what his dunks like

16. seadawg

Money:
    $4,012
    I'll admit I drooled over Eric Hunter, who's a guard BTW. I think most on here were on board had he chose BU instead of Purdue. BU was always going to need a big 2018. Personally I would welcome Lamar if BU offers. I think LJ could develop him into a complete player. I'll add I don't see McD playing much guard nor JGB at this point. That said a player who could play the 4 is an absolute priority.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    BHayden likes this.
  17. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,631
    That was a sick dunk. Kid is having fun playing the sport he loves, who cares. His athleticism is off the charts... hope BU offers at some point.

jkcdawgs, Mad_Dawg 48, #60 and 3 others like this.
  18. BHayden

BHayden Well-Known Member

Money:
    $499
    We could definitely use another scoring guard. As you can see our scoring isn’t where it needs to be and it’ll be really lacking without Kelan. So at a certain point we need to get players who can put the ball in the hoop.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

#60 and Lamar Norman like this.
  19. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $736
    In my opinion, Norman is better than two of those guys TODAY.

BHayden, Mad_Dawg 48 and Lamar Norman like this.
  20. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,951
    You need to tell LJ that not me.