Lamar Norman - 2018 Guard (Duquesne)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Aug 26, 2017.

1. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,561
    As we know, nothing is for sure. There is a world of difference when a player makes the jump to D1 college ball from HS. Defense and ball handling skills at the next level are still question marks. I also believe he LN would need to get stronger.

Lamar Norman likes this.
  2. Lamar Norman

Lamar Norman Active Member

Money:
    $189
    Every player coming into the next level HS to COLLEGE and COLLEGE to NBA need get stronger.

Sent from my [device_name] using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. seadawg

Money:
    $3,561
    Make no mistake I am of the opinion BU should offer whether they a get big or not in the off-season. I do wish some of us had the opportunity to see a few games live.

#60 likes this.
  4. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,508
    So then he should be starting for Butler, TODAY. Do you not realize how absurd that statement is?

Tentozen likes this.
  5. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $727
    I do think he's better than JGB today. I also feel that his game is more well rounded than AT; who can be awesome, but can also be a liability with his lack of outside shooting, poor free throw shooting, and inconsistency in finishing. No politics, just my personal basketball opinion.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2018
    Lamar Norman likes this.
  6. Trumpforpresident2020

Trumpforpresident2020 Active Member

Norman is a heck of a ball player, I just don't see the need for his services at this time. We need help interiorly before another wing. Great ball player just not for us right now. Lets wait and see what happens during off season, transfers , etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2018
  7. seadawg

Money:
    $3,561
    Have you actually witnessed LN play? I suspect like me you have watched video highlights. If you have seen watched him live, then my apology. There little doubt of Lamar's talent and athletic ability. I also firmly believe he would have an extremely difficult time replacing any of BU's current guard rotation. I respect your opinion but simply disagree. For the record I still want to offer LN too!

8. Lamar Norman

Money:
    $189
    Thanks but he was contacted by Butler last week so that mean something

9. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $553
    Hopefully he’s offered soon and we have a terrific tandem on Butler’s campus next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $727
    You're right, as usual seadawg. I've only seen tape. As I think I said in the earlier post, I have reached out to three HS coaches that I've worked with in the past when Michigan was in my scouting territory, who gave me their favorable opinions on Lamar. I also will concede that a good argument can be made for AT, after having an entire season of the BE, is probably the better player right now. I stand by my comments on JGB. My intent was not to diminish anyone on the current team, but just to illustrate how good I think Lamar is and will be.

11. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,252
    Hey Lamar, I know you and your son are innocent, but since Christian Davis is from Michigan, has an AAU team, and is trying to sign every draft prospect from the state of Michigan, you ever casually run into him or other bag men when Lamar was playing against 5 stars in AAU? Got any interesting stories?

12. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,249

Visiting Loyola Chicago today

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

NCJon and SpartanDawgs like this.
  13. Lamar Norman

Money:
    $189
    Never heard of him

14. seadawg

Money:
    $3,561
    Norman with 20 pts. and 10 assists in 68-64 win tonight.

15. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,124
    Don't know where you see that, he had 29 tonight and Hastings had 18 and 17 rbs

Lamar Norman likes this.
  16. seadawg

Money:
    $3,561
    Lamar Sr. tweet. You are correct. 29 pts.

17. seadawg

Money:
    $3,561
    LN with 21 1st half points in district opener as Godwin Heights led 60-20 after 2 quarters.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,514
    I can't imagine how hard it would be for a college coach/scout to make an accurate recommendation on Norman right now. Who knows what he will do against real competition.

Lamar Norman likes this.
  19. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member

Money:
    $545
    The upheaval in college basketball must make it tough for 2018 recruits like Norman. In deciding whether to offer him, a school like Butler has to consider not only the remaining available 2018 recruits but also those 2018s who might become available as a result of issues with the schools to which they now are committed as well as transfers, who likely will be available in larger numbers than usual due to all of the uncertainty surrounding various programs. There can be great opportunities in this for a program like Butler, but there are more factors than usual to consider in extending offers.

Lamar Norman likes this.
  20. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $284
    Michigan is kind of in the heart of MAC country. Forget about the Butlers, etc, I am interested in why the Kent States and Central Michigans are no where to be found. All of it seems off, because he looks like a D1 player on his film.