Lambda Chi Alpha

Discussion in 'Non Sports' started by HinkleLegend, Jan 16, 2017.

1. HinkleLegend

HinkleLegend New Member

Money:
    $27
    I'm seeing reports on Twitter that Lambda is closed at Butler. Does anyone have any details?

2. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $363
    From an 80% reliable source, they were on probation and then A senior house got busted by BUPD and found drugs. Therefore, they're now closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. Nildogg

Nildogg Active Member

Money:
    $8,566
    They shut down frats when an off campus house of a member is busted??

Who's the next to school Foster??

4. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,035
    I heard they were giving alcohol to recruits during rush week. Had not heard anything about the senior house thing, but I would be totally shocked if problems off-site at a senior house had much to do with them getting the boot, whether they were on probation or not.

5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,706
    I've been on the other side of these witch hunts aplenty. Hell I had to go before a ton of people including the dean and president for something I was accused of...it's not fun. News flash-kids drink, kids do drugs, alcohol is passed around at rush events, there are illegal rush events....it's goddamn college. This is getting ridiculous and will only hurt Butler in the end. They pulled our charter when I was there...it ain't fun. Butler needs to tread lightly here.

6. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    So there will be 3 empty fraternity houses on campus now? TKE (RIP), Phi Psi, & Lambda? That's not really a good look for Butler.

7. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,035
    Ultimately it's up to the national organizations, though. Every university is going to report to nationals when they catch wind of illegal activity from a house. It isn't Butler's fault that they become aware of this stuff. It's a small campus. Violate rules long enough and blatantly enough, you're going to get caught.

We don't know for sure what butler reported and why nationals pulled the chapter. But if it was because 21 year olds gave booze to 19 year olds, of course that is ridiculously harsh and stupid. But don't blame Butler for reporting what they're supposed to report. Blame the organization for being Draconian, and blame the members for being dumb enough to get caught.

8. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Active Member

Money:
    $213
    Agreed. Greek participation was formerly a selling point to prospective students, and this is a black eye to the greek system and the University in general.

9. Robinzine Crying

Robinzine Crying Member

Money:
    $157
    I had heard the university was already looking at relocating Lambda Chi to the far west side of campus because they wanted to build on the existing lot.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops

10. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,412
    Oh? Does Butler own that lot or does Lambda Chi Alpha national own it?

11. Robinzine Crying

Robinzine Crying Member

Money:
    $157
    Not sure, but I know the university has right of first refusal on the sale of at least one of the existing fraternity properties, so maybe they have that on all of them?

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops

bmradio99 likes this.
  12. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $363
    I'm almost 100% certain that they own every lot except for the Sigma Chi lot now. Sigma Chi recently had to develop a 10 year plan on what they will do with their property in order to get Butler off their backs. Which is interesting that they had to propose a ten year plan itself. Shouldn't they be able to do whatever they want if they owned the land? I think they actually own some of Ross' Parking lot.

Some high value Real Estate in that little bubble.

13. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,035
    Strictly from an campus organization standpoint, it'd make a lot more sense to have another house over by Phi Psi, Snu and Delt than where lambda currently is, and the university could find a more appropriate use for that space.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  14. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,167
    Pretty sure they don't own the Delt property.

15. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,132
    Or Phi Delt or Theta, Im told. In fact, I'd be surprised if they owned any of the Greek lots. I do believe it's possible they may "temporarily" own the properties that have been kicked off until such a time that the fraternity "buys back" the property after a predetermined timeframe.

16. IndieDawg

IndieDawg Member

Money:
    $1,778
    They don't own Phi Psi unless it was sold after they got kicked off. Rumor when they got the boot was they were looking to take it and build on that lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops