LaVall’s Last Season

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by MadDawg2020, Nov 18, 2021.

1. HinkleMagic20

HinkleMagic20 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $520
    Both Collier and Danko are too old. I would think they'd want someone in their fifties that can at least be there for a decade or so.

ButlerProf likes this.
  2. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $947
    Obviously not the ball park. Holy crap it is empty for most games. With the Bally/FS Regional dispute never resolved on YTTV, at least now I only have to keep up with them on my ESPN app or DK as I bet against them in their slide.

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  3. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,284
    I’m not a reds fan, but I do notice the pattern. The padres do a lot of the same thing, but have managed to find a way to get ahold of a lot of young talent right now also.

I think it would be really, really hard to be a reds fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

4. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,627
    It is. Also very interesting to hear the team's president say the quiet part out loud.

5. dawgs2014

Money:
    $10,284
    What did he say? Also what were your thoughts on Thom Brenneman? Was he liked by reds fans?

6. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,696
    Was he the one who said something racist or homophobic and then called a home run mid apology before being fired?

Daddysmack likes this.
  7. dawgs2014

Money:
    $10,284
    Yes, he is. Thom’s career died so the legend of Nick Castellanos could live

BulldogsFTW likes this.
  8. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,151
    I often refer Great American as “Wrigley East”. Nice easy drive from Indy and reasonably priced tickets.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,894
    So basically the opposite of Wrigley

10. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,627
    During Opening Day, when asked about the fans desire for his family to sell the team and poor direction of the Reds he said, "Where are you going to go? [referring to the fans] And sell the team to who? Come on." It definitely rubbed the fans the wrong way. It's obvious by the way the organization is run, that ownership doesn't care about winning or the fans at all. You just never hear owners who are like that be dumb enough to say that part out loud.

And I didn't mind Thom - until the incident. I really didn't like his father. Marty became very surly in his older years. But Thom wasn't too bad. It was pretty cringeworthy to hear him start his apology out by stating he's a man of faith - as though that makes it okay. I love that Castellanos interrupted the apology with a HR and turned into a meme.

Tentozen likes this.
  11. Robinzine Crying

Robinzine Crying Well-Known Member

Money:
    $707
    But Castellanos wasn't done. He interrupted a heartfelt eulogy a year later.

12. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,151
    Pretty much!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

Irishdawg likes this.
  13. dawgs2014

Money:
    $10,284
    Wow. What a Ricketts type thing to say lol.

And I could never stand Thom but I understand Reds fans liking him. That whole situation was truly incredible. One of my favorite sports memes ever.

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  14. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $20,118
    I have to go watch that clip every time the reference comes up and I laugh every time. Hitting the HR into the "judgement free zone" is the greatest thing ever.

tlp63, dawgs2014 and Robinzine Crying like this.
  15. dawgs2014

Money:
    $10,284
    I refuse to believe there’s any real life Eastbound and Down moment in sports history than that.

16. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,696
    OMFG I never noticed that until now. Hahahahahahhaa

17. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,417

Tentozen likes this.
  18. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,646

"Coaching is what I do, not who I am."

troggy likes this.
  19. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

Money:
    $770
    Still think it's furthest from the truth? What has transpired over the past 45 days has been nothing short of unbelievable.
    FYI, I'm not a raving fan of Danko, but the whole administration bought into Matta and they are supporting the program with $, resources, and future investments we have not seen.
    Investing in Lentz & Watson go above and beyond what Butler has done in the past and for me, it really shows they are all in on building the brand, recruiting in the 21st century, and acting like a big boy program.
    This doesn't get done unless Danko signs off on it all.

BUcheer likes this.
  20. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,302
    Really? You think Danko has had anything to do with this turnaround? You heard him we the intro press conference. This has Thad work all over it on his conditions to come back. This is BC and Thad going above Danks and getting the BoT involved. Danks is nothing but a small man with a Napoleon complex. This is all done in spite of him. But I'm sure he'll be the first one to take credit for all this...

Sent from my SM-G986U using Butler Hoops mobile app