Lavall Jordan Replacement (seriously not serious)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by MasterSplinter, Jan 4, 2019.

1. harvesting

harvesting Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $200
    Anyone who takes their time to make someone else feel stupid has real problems the least of which is spelling.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    nindiana likes this.
  2. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,859
    Oh, good grief. The sensitivity that exists these days . . .

Surely nobody took my post as an insult. It was just a funny error, which I would just assume came from typing on a phone, which is the only way I post on the forum. Hell, if you read any of my posts, they almost all have typos from fat fingering the keyboard and autocorrects. I go back and edit my posts when I catch something, but I still miss a lot because I frankly dont care that much.

If Mr. Roach took any offense to my post, I am truly sorry. My intention wasn't to embarrass. Just having fun with the typo and certainly don't mean for it to come at your expense.

3. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $2,663
    Dude get a grip. Seemed like just some friendly banter by I Am Butler. I can understand tone not coming through on text but his post was clearly facetious.

4. harvesting

Money:
    $200
    Yep. It’s all fun and games until someone is held accountable for their rude trying to be funny comments at someone else’s expense. I’m not of fan of walking on eggshells but neither am I a fun of making fun of someone which is clearly what was happening. Try to swing it anyway you want but it is what it is. And if you consider that friendly banter than you can do the same with this. It’s all rainbows, butterflies, and basketball, go dawgs!

5. I Am Butler

Money:
    $4,859
    !!!!WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS GOOD NATURED SARCASM. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO PROCESS SARCASM OR ARE ALLERGIC TO IT, PLEASE STOP READING AND PROCEED TO THE NEXT POST!!!!

Clearly . . .

Hold a few minutes while I think of a way to really roast you good for not being able to spell 'fan". Man, it's like you must be a 3rd grader . . .

Tentozen likes this.
  6. harvesting

Money:
    $200
    Wow you are really something. Just admit your an ass and move on.

7. I Am Butler

Money:
    $4,859
    Also, I might caution you against alienating the only poster (DawgMD) that is actually qualified in helping you dislodge that stick . . . BAZING!!!

estar20dawg likes this.
  8. harvesting

Money:
    $200
    I can’t with you. Your an idiot and exhausting. Keep doing your best I’m sure your mom is PROUD.

9. I Am Butler

Money:
    $4,859
    She's the one feeding me all these one liners. You think I'm smart enough to come up with this myself?

**Whispers** I think you meant "You're" . . .

**DUCKS**

10. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,567
    That's why Butler is historically such a tenacious defensive team. When you're a small school with no money or recent winning history (BU up to about 2000 or so) you focus on the things you CAN do to make it hard for teams to beat you. Butler couldn't get 3-4-5 star recruits so they stressed the part of the game that they could do something about even if they didn't have the most physically gifted players.

Defense.

Maybe as we started having access to better quality offensive players the commitment to playing a lock-down defense 40 minutes a game softened. I remember folks here and on the Yuku board being thrilled anytime Butler showed signs of thunderdunking and posterizing opposing teams. That sentiment always bugged me. There are many reasons I love Butler basketball. One of them is that we don't go around playing playground ball. Crazy how some fans can't get enough of undisciplined junk.

The more Butler drifted away from its fundamentals the more some board members ate it up. They are just starting to realize that Butler isn't going to win games trying to out-athlete most other teams. Just starting to realize that getting away from BU's grind-it-out, tough-nosed style will leave the Bulldogs perennially a middle-of-the-pack team that's lost its mojo.

2xDawg and znelson15 like this.
  11. Gregory Roach

Gregory Roach Active Member

Money:
    $345
    No offense..I really am a poor speller... And it was funny.. we are all good. A good performance and a win by Butler can cure a lot of ils. Go Dawgs!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $733
    Hands down love this fan base so much cause if we are winning and looking like a tourney team not one person cares about spelling but I get it as does my wife
    When butler isn’t looking good life is tense
    Go dawgs indeed
    We are a true fan base and I would bummed if the fan base didn’t create this thread cause in my mind it just show passion and a desire for success

OldSchoolDawg1983 likes this.
  13. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $2,663
    If you think this isn’t friendly banter and truly was meant to be rude and truly call Mr. Roach out for his spelling and or misuse of a homophone [I myself had to reread it a couple of times because patients as opposed to patience actually made a weird sort of sense in the sentence, and chuckled to myself] (because I totally get so upset when someone calls me out on my spelling, it’s the worst thing they could do to attack my character, how dare they [SARCASM font]), how do you function in the real world?
    If Mr. Roach (or anyone for that matter) gets truly offended by someone joking about their spelling (yes, their spelling - not their identity, looks, race, body shape, all of which are totally understandable reasons to get offended), then that person needs to take a look in the mirror and reevaluate themselves.
    So on either end - if I Am Butler was truly trying to be rude, don’t you think he’d do a more personal attack on Mr. Roach’s character to try and get under his skin, and not just make fun of his spelling (for Christ sake, his spelling, of which all of us are privy to mistakes, not to mention those of us that don’t even use paragraphs ;P)? And if Mr. Roach truly gets offended by someone calling out his spelling (no matter the intent), in the context of everyone misspelling on occasion in an online forum, don’t you think that’s asinine? Because I do.

The banter in my college house was 20 times worse than the stuff that’s said here. The stuff said in medical school to students on the unit? 10 times worse. And hell, those things weren’t even said in a context that could be construed as joking, unlike this one - you knew that what the attendings said about you in that moment was truly how they felt. But you trudged on because you had to.

My presumption is that you don’t like comedians because they do exactly what you are saying - they make rude/funny comments at others’ expense. Because clearly comedians are all just rude and classless people.

God bless America - we could use the help.

Can we close this thread yet?

I’ve only been a member of the board for over a year, but man is it an exhausting place to frequent when the dawgs are losing. In-fighting amongst fans, calling for coaching firings after two games, albeit really bad performances, it’s truly crazy and in my profession I don’t use that word lightly.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Clevedog and estar20dawg like this.
  14. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    I laughed. I thought you did a really good job of making clearly playful and funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Tentozen and I Am Butler like this.
  15. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    DawgsMD- can you prescribe us all sedatives plz?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

16. MasterSplinter

MasterSplinter Active Member

Money:
    $435
    Thanks for some of the comments and glad to see many are realistic/supportive/begrudgingly on-board with LJ.

Thread was mainly started to highlight role of recruiting in high major success and that we need coaching stability to do so, especially since we are a new high major program. Also meant to highlight we can grape all we want about LJ's coaching and we should but to call for his firing after 1.5 years is outrageous.

Good point and not something I think we all fully appreciate!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Butler Hoops mobile app

17. pharmtard09

pharmtard09 Active Member

Money:
    $0
    I'll be handing out Xannies pre game, half time, and post game (if needed)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

estar20dawg, DawgsMD and Mad_Dawg 48 like this.
  18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,431
    We will never be Michigan or have Michigan recruits. It's not accurate to compare us to that scenario. Our current roster is one of the better ranked we've had at BU. LJ & the staff simply needs to show more progress.

Cleveland State isn't walking out of the visitor's locker room today. This is Big East basketball. Barry has hired three coaches in a row that had no high major head coaching experience. Sooner or later it was going to catch up to us.

dippper61 likes this.
  19. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,340
    A solid point, bumba.

20. I Am Butler

Money:
    $4,859
    Agreed. Though I would say some of LaVall's shortcoming could be hidden if he has the right staff behind him that can compensate for his weaknesses. Every coach has them, even Steven's, who was clearly never a fan of the recruiting side. Holtmann leaned heavily of his assistant for offense and defense scheming.

I think what I would blame LaVall the most for is hiring the wrong staff, because there are clearly some gaps that need addressed. To his defense, he had to hire an entire staff in pretty short order thanks to Holtmann's late exit. I'm most interested in how he addresses things going forward.