LJ - should he stay or should he go?

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by MasterSplinter, Mar 14, 2019.

?

LJ - should he stay or should he go?

1. Fire him now and start the re-rebuild.

2. Gets one more season, but two down years starts the trend and he's out.

3. Two more seasons, if it ain't happening after four total years will it ever?

4. Indefinite/Lifer...the guy bleeds Butler Blue and we need that coaching stability.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,889
    It's true it's not fair to him, but I think if you ask him, he expects to be an impact player right away. He's been awfully, awfully good this year and is finely growing into his body. We could have a really dynamic scoring threat very soon at all 3 levels. The thing I love most is hearing he took it upon himself to want to guard the other team's best players mid way through the year.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,013
    I'd love to think he'd be good enough right off the bat to come in and start. And that LJ would open his mind to let play out if he were to be outplaying folks. Something is screaming at me that he's going to be special right away. Fair or not, he has the talent and the hair. He just needs the opportunity. Color me foolish but if he is the truth and Tucker takes a step forward, that's yuge pressure off Baldwin and makes for a hell of a 1-2-3 punch on offense.

Hell I may be down on things, but I am pretty excited for Battle...let's hope LJ is as well. I want the kid playing major minutes from day one.

3. 740OHIOBulldog

740OHIOBulldog Active Member

Money:
    $1,445
    LJ is the number 1 liability.

4. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,013
    I RT'd a couple things, but there are some cats going in on LaVall regarding the way he treated Brunk and Brunk's decision to leave. Not sure if it has any muscle, but between the vitriol and poor grammar I giggled. Not a good look if anyone pays attention to them. I'm dumb at embedding tweets onto this site, but if someone wants to poach it from me and post it, it's quite entertaining.

5. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,188
    It seems like several others on here have pointed to Brunk wanting to transfer pre-Lavall so that points to a general bad fit for Brunk/Butler independent of LaVall. Also, Brunk was allowed ample opportunity early in the year to play by LaVall (and he played pretty well early). But his decline in minutes later in the year can be explained by simple poorer play.

6. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,513
    It's incredibly easy, especially on a desktop/laptop.

Just click on the arrow on the top right of a tweet and click the first "Copy link to tweet" button. And then just paste it here.

upload_2019-4-1_10-12-38.png

7. BHayden

BHayden Active Member

Money:
    $443
    Word is out that Brunk transferring had nothing to do with minutes and everything to do with this staff. I’ve heard rumblings that other players feel the same way as well... players you wouldn’t think of off the top of the head

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,013
    I need to get my new work desktop hooked into my twitter machine, that sounds easy. I have difficulty from my phone or tablet.

But to the discussion, I have also heard that he was never quite happy here, and that it grew with the hiring of LaVall. True or not, I have no idea but it's come from several voices that he was just never all in or buying what Butler was selling. We'll never know the full length of their relationship but I think it had come to a pass where LJ probably said "enough is enough" and helped him pack his bags.

9. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,013
    Basically the same thing I've heard, which, I wrote that percentage of transferring in jest a couple weeks ago, but no one is off the table as far as I'm concerned. You could see a disconnect most of the season between players and staff. So I wouldn't count anyone out.

10. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,816
    It's from a brand new account with exactly 0 followers. It's probably a southport brunk fan who is mad it didn't work out. I wouldn't give it much thought.

Brunk was only partly in on Butler from the jump (even when he committed, if you read his quotes, it was all about proximity to home - that's not a good enough reason to attend; you have to buy in to the school/program). Throw in a new staff, a tough season, and a chance to transfer without sitting, and in retrospect it isn't surprising that he'd leave. No need to over-complicate this.

11. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,043
    Sounds like it is up to Jordan to heal the rift, whether it is revamp the staff or the roster. I would think the staff would be easier, it is a shame but going back to four head
    coaches in six years as well as several changes in the staff. If that is true it sounds like a real mess.

12. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,013
    It's a mutiny!!!

Kamar to Georgia and Crean confirmed.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    dawgs2014 and ButlerNut like this.
  13. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,889
    LOL nice April Fools man

willisbrown likes this.
  14. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $574
    I hope you’re joking

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

willisbrown likes this.
  15. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,013
    Yeah I'm messin'. I didn't even think of what day it was, just being sarcastic about the mutiny.

16. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,016
    So is anyone going to share the tweets, or no?

17. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,013
  18. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,013
  19. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,013
    It's just a couple of whatevers drawing conclusions, nothing special. But also not far from things regarding Brunk I have been hearing for a couple years. But I don't think there is anything new to this than we already knew, just a bad fit.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  20. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    I was thinking about doing something similar to this but decided that it probably wouldn’t be good for the board’s mental current mental state

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

DawgsMD likes this.