Luke Brown - 2021 Point Guard (Stetson)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by IU/Butler/Notre Dame, Jan 8, 2020.

1. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,319
    [​IMG]

bumba, Shimmy, bwesson15 and 5 others like this.
  2. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,614
    We aren't even recruiting him.

Shimmy, estar20dawg and willisbrown like this.
  3. Brett

Brett Active Member

Money:
    $194
    That's what I hear, but maybe should reconsider and give another look. Time will tell. I am interested what happens when he hits college.

IU/Butler/Notre Dame likes this.
  4. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

IU/Butler/Notre Dame Member

Money:
    $191
    I agree ...obviously I want a balanced roster but if we don’t get our primary targets and have a slot there are worse ways to use a scholarship

5. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Well-Known Member

Money:
    $549
    Butler running out of scholarships with recent verbal commits. Perhaps the Force is failing Luke.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

6. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Hey ...if we get all our main guys ( which pierce is definitely one of them ) and there is no room for Luke Brown I want to stress that as a dawg fan I’m FINE with that ( which says a lot since you guys know I’m pretty fanatical about brown ). If we end up not getting everyone we want and we have a slot somewhere I think he’s worth a look but I’m ecstatic about Thomas! Big signing great job coach Jordan

SnoopDawg likes this.
  7. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Sick to my stomach for our program and especially our seniors. Not a fair outcome for them...wish a delay of some sort would have at least been attempted even if that meant having to secure small venues and limit or restrict attendance to them. If anyone needs a basketball fix like me I believe we are the only state within the four immediately surrounding us still definitely ( as of now ) conducting our high school tournament. Ihsaatv.org is broadcasting several regional matchups this Saturday and they are free if you watch them live as opposed to via replay ...they had originally slated only 3 of the 16 sectionals ( Blackford was the 2A selection ) but they now indicate they will attempt to add coverage for more since attendance is limited to 75. I’ll be attending the Blackford regional , for anyone else going to the games across the state stay safe and enjoy as best you are able under the circumstances ...best of luck to all participants and to everyone staying healthy

UPDATE: Tournament suspended/postponed with noon announcement

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  8. dawgy dawgy

dawgy dawgy Active Member

Money:
    $247
    You make me dislike a kid in high school when no one should ever dislike a high school basketball player strictly because of your posts

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,057
    Dude didn't even mention Luke Brown. Stop trolling.

IU/Butler/Notre Dame likes this.
  10. dawgy dawgy

dawgy dawgy Active Member

Money:
    $247
    The whole thread is about him jackass. Wasn’t just his last post I’m talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Yikes ...sorry didn’t mean to strike a nerve ...I won’t post judgment on anyone who would dislike a high school kid for any reason but since you brought up the topic and I’m sports deprived here is an update for anyone not severely lacking objectivity :
    Tough to find anything to be happy about ...disappointed for all college and high school athletes ....one decent bit of news for next year ...in addition to playing at new Albany Blackford was invited to the HOF classic and will play what would have likely been the final four of 2A had regional played out only swapping Linton Stockton for barr Reeve.....if anyone has doubts about Luke playing against high caliber teams then check out that tournament ....Blackhawk Christian BR and shanandoah can play against any team from any class and acquit themselves especially next year as SHS and BR return their top 3 scorers each ( barr Reeve essentially replaces Keegan oniel with Curt hopf )....should be a really fun 3 games and a good showcase for Luke hopf and furst

12. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Thanks...sorry for causing trouble

13. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    End of year update :

-brown named Indiana junior all star
    -Brown picked by IBCA to Supreme 15 underclassman
    -brown selected all-state third team by AP...the 15 all-state players were made up of 9 seniors and 6 Juniors

- finishes season 66/40/90 ...second time he has finished a season 50/40/90 ( his freshman year he was the only player in the state out of over 4,000 varsity players and I haven’t found a second person to do it this year so he was one of few if not the only one )

-finishes first in scoring at 32.3 and 3rd in assists at 7.7 ( 11 assists off the state lead )

brown leaning towards taking offer from under armor rise team but the aau season is a serious question mark at this point

hope everyone is staying safe ! Hopefully we can get some basketball in at the end of summer !

14. Ster8462

Ster8462 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $803
    Off The Recruiting Board. He’s a Hatter. Going south to Florida to play for “The Stetson Hatters.”

Go light it up for 20 points a night!!’

15. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,057
    I think that would be a great barometer of why we didn't recruit him. Wish him the best of luck and happy to put this thread in the archives.

Tentozen likes this.
  16. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,882
    Doyel wrote a subscriber only article on Brown, so I can’t link. Doyel appears to be a big fan and really played up the underdog aspect. Mentions IU, PU and BU never showed much interest. Good luck to the kid.

17. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,319
    Meh, I just imagine that IU/Butler/Notre Dame is Gregg Doyel's burner account on here, therefore I don't have to read the article... Welcome to the Archives he who was never recruited...

[​IMG]

estar20dawg and Shimmy like this.
  18. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,233
    Doyel has had a thing for Luke since he was a freshman. Pretty sure he had a thing for Cooper Neese as well. He had his shot, and realized very quickly he was over his head. Best of luck with Luke at Stetson.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,935
    Luke had his shortcomings defensively and getting to the basket. His role at Stetson will change. His strengths are ballhandling and passing.

20. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,215
    Who knows? Maybe he will be a sought after grad transfer in 4 years!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app