Luke Brown - 2021 Point Guard (Stetson)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by IU/Butler/Notre Dame, Jan 8, 2020.

1. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,341
    I wish he was 6’5. If he was, I’d be all about it. I think he goes somewhere and has an Alec Peters type career but I don’t think it will be at Butler’s level.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

IU/Butler/Notre Dame likes this.
  2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,861
    In prior seasons Brown probably would have been considered for BU, but since joining the BE, recruiting has changed due to the physical nature of the conference. On the other IU needs shooters regardless of what Miller thinks or says. Purdue is in similar situation now.

3. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

IU/Butler/Notre Dame Member

Money:
    $191
    I could see that being very true or I could see the opposite. He reminds me a lot of Brody boyd and Jordan hulls ...his height gives me a ton of concern from
    A defensive perspective the question is whether his ball handling and vision will offset it. This is not an exaggeration I believe by the time he’s 20-21 he will be a quicker , better shooting , and better creating Tyler Lewis. Having that kind of steady and reliable ball handling is valuable. I could see him going to one of the offered schools like Toledo Akron or ball state and playing immediately and being a big time grad transfer or I could see him getting offers from a power 6 after this session off aau ball in the summer if he puts up good numbers. I’m telling you though he’s a butler type

4. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Soooo true ...iu is 8-39 from 3 last two games and only 19 combined assists with no one having more than 3 in one game and 2 in the other ...they have major guard problems ........he would probably work offensively anywhere and would be a fit with Purdue but that thought alone makes me want to puke. His size will be an issue on defense at any level although he really impressed me against colson Montgomery a couple weeks ago so if he keeps adding bulk maybe he could overcome it

5. seadawg

Money:
    $9,861
    LOL My dad was a Purdue grad. I am an IU grad but also attended BU. Yet I like Purdue unless they play BU and IU makes me want to vomit. Go figure?

NCJon, Shimmy, Tentozen and 3 others like this.
  6. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    LOl! When you’re born into it you just have to go with it right ? I ALMOST cheered for Purdue against VA in final four last year they were playing so well but I still couldn’t do it . Have you gotten to see brown play ?

7. seadawg

Money:
    $9,861
    I have not other than clips. If BU were recruiting him I'd make trip up north.

shoeevv likes this.
  8. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    How far south are you ?

9. seadawg

Money:
    $9,861
  10. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,627
    I wouldn't speak in absolutes about Brown not being at Butler's level. He doesn't appear to be one of their targets at the moment, but a very good summer could always change that.

I just know the same things were said about Desmond Bane from Richmond - and all he's done is become a first-team all B12 player who appears in the back end of some NBA mock drafts.

11. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    I’d say drive up for the Anderson prep game but it won’t be worth watching and the tournament at north Daviess was great for brown but it was almost two hours south of Indy ....my recommendation would be to check out Indiana elite 2021 platinum cause you could see him AND Kaufman even though I hate the aau format ( kinda ball hog less team centered approach )

seadawg likes this.
  12. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Now THIS is the objectivity I expected from butler fans .....we have always prided our program on getting under the radar Kids that will outwork and over achieve. I know things have changed slightly with big East competition but we’ve never been the type to insist that recruits check the boxes for vertical leap and cone drills etc...we win with gamers and I think people will be pleasantly surprised with browns butler qualities

seadawg likes this.
  13. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    I guess I’ll open it to the floor ...has ANYOnE gotten to see brown live ?

14. butlerbreadman

butlerbreadman Member

Money:
    $50
    I live in blackford county and have seen him play multiple times over the past couple seasons.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops

15. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Whoa ! Small world ! I’m BC also ! Love his game think he has potential

16. butlerbreadman

butlerbreadman Member

Money:
    $50
    Agree. He reminds me of AJ graves but I believe brown has better handles

17. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    I
    I agree ! Maybe even Archie ......I’ve watched a lot of high school players that turned out well and I think brown creates shots for others better than any prep player I’ve seen

18. butlerbreadman

butlerbreadman Member

Money:
    $50
    His vision is elite. Not a lot of help on last years team or his assist numbers would really be eye popping. He makes others better, and in college, he won’t be triple teams at the mid court line.

19. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,742
    Heard the same about Cooper Neese.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

20. nicklas_early

nicklas_early Well-Known Member

Money:
    $693
    I grew up two miles north of the Blackford county line. Wells County. Very small world.