Luke Brown - 2021 Point Guard (Stetson)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by IU/Butler/Notre Dame, Jan 8, 2020.

1. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

IU/Butler/Notre Dame Member

Money:
    $191
    Yes I didn’t know they were that small and only saw limited clips ...the clips I saw also painted Tate in a non-butler light ( showboating etc) but again that was only the highlight posts from the thread I did no independent research. I agree with the wing situation and I don’t have much hope on furst but you gotta offer him he’s a stud ....I wouldn’t make any call on Luke if I was a high major until I saw what my preliminary offers for 2021 decided on towards the end of this year and also what he does on the summer circuit I’ll be curious what they do with lander because last year they played him up on the 2020 team

2. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,082
    So his dream is to play for IU, and Butler, with Collier catching him in action, hasn’t had any scouting beyond that. Archive.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

Bulldogs260 and Tentozen like this.
  3. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    I haven’t seen any butler personnel since so yes that’s correct but they did contact him his sophomore year. To me just another illustration of how much smarter butler is than IU in the recruiting department .....foot in the door goes a long way with kids because I believe he feels snubbed by iu and if he has a strong summer that could be used to other schools advantage

4. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,273
    Harris is at least 6'2 now maybe closer to 6'3 than 6'1. I think I read Tate is 6'1. I do think he is a player, but unless he's willing to accept a preferred walk on slot, move on and lock this thread. And to the point of that Butler shouldn't chase 5 stars, we really aren't, we are doing what we should, targeting excellent 4 star 4 year players. 50 to 150 rated. That's how Villanova got to where they are. Solid 4 year players, develop them with a great system and coaching staff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Oh I’m with you 110 on how to recruit ...my comment was not about what we ARE doing it was about what he made it seem like he expects ...6’1 is good ....A preferred walk on spot probably wouldn’t be something he’d buy into unless it had some sort of guarantee for secondary time I would see it being more likely to play bsu isu Akron or Miami and then transfer if he excels ...not sure I understand locking the thread though whatever that means ? If you only discuss the “ offered “
    Kids you’ve leaving our dozens of Indiana prospects obviously no coaching staff has the resources to dedicate full time coverage to every recruit in the state board are absolutely for discussing offered kids but I’d say it’s as important to bring attention to ones that might be missed ...finding kids no one else picked can turn into a good mine hate to keep bringing up kamar but it’s true

6. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,526
    Is this dude related to Brown or what he is responding to every post within minutes and I feel like this is a sales pitch. Holy **** post his highlights if you think he’s that good and move on. What don’t you get about butler has a monster class and a 2021 guard is the last thing we need. Especially one who is undersized with no big time offers yet. Not saying he’s not a good player or kid but man give it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen and mwall787 like this.
  7. estar20dawg

Money:
    $7,273
    Dude stop, trying to compare Kamar just shows you know very little. A lot of people knew about Kamar, that's why he had multiple high major options... Just listen to Kermit talk about him every year and how he wishes he could have gotten him at Middle Tennessee and knew he had no chance cause he was going high major...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen likes this.
  8. butlerbreadman

butlerbreadman Member

Money:
    $50
    I don’t think he’s related. He has an opinion as do you. Neither is right or wrong...just your own. Just agree to disagree.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops

IU/Butler/Notre Dame likes this.
  9. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Lol you should recruit for IU ...you’d fit in well ...I typically only give in-depth input on kids I’ve seen play And offer a definitive opinion when I’m sure about their game ....you’re offering an opinion on a kid you’ve never even seen live Im objective and know why he’s polarizing and get both sides of the argument I just feel like I’ve seen enough to know he will make an impact at a power six and since I think he’s a butler fit I would love to see it ...you’re allowed to disagree I have a wife that does it every day and I still like her ....for perspective sake though I did start this LUKe BROWN thread to discuss the merits of LUKE BROWN I think it would be fair to say it’s equally odd you’re coming to the Luke brown thread to say It’s odd I would discuss Luke brown ...I’m not related to him but I am a huge Blackford fan and am glad he’s here .....you should catch one of his games and tell me what you think after

10. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Thanks ...agreeing to disagree is my favorite

11. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Kamars offer list ......wanna take bets brown ends up with two power 6’s equal to Clemson and ole miss ? Oddly enough I bet Clemson will be his first offer followed by northwestern late this summer ....not saying butler will even if they miss a couple or the 2021’s they think they have inside track on but that still doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be good in blue just cause he’s in a loaded class ....he’ll be top 3 in Mr basketball voting as a senior even with furst and lander and he would be 1 or 2 if he was a senior this year

Attached Files:

12. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,526
    I’ve watched him play he’s a good high school player on a bad team. Honestly he’s comparable to Campbell Donovan- walk on at butler. Donovan was really good in high school just undersized. So if Luke wants to be a walk on great he will fill Campbell’s shoes well.
    For you to even compare this kid to Kamar is all I need to know. To your IU point I can’t stand them, I think on this board I hate them the most or it’s close. Actually hope Luke goes their because that will be another miss IU will take in recruiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg and Tentozen like this.
  13. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    I have zero idea how you can think I’m comparing Luke to kamar ....they aren’t similar players ...what I compared was the situation of the two players during their prep careers .....and yes I think after this summer luke will have offers similar to Clemson and ole miss ....my comparison is that they are both kids who weren’t offered a big time offer and kamar through his career has proven that lack of big name attention doesn’t always predicate how you’ll turn out in college ...I wouldn’t ever compare the two as players. Luke was a great player on an awful team now he’s a great player on a mildly ok to bad team. Which games have you been able to make it to ? I DO like iu , my dad was a massive fan even though he played baseball at butler in the 60’s ...I grew up watching both teams and still love them both but ius recruiting disgusts me even as a longtime fan ....my comment ( in jest ...I wouldn’t truly insult you ) was in reference to your close minded approach because that’s the issue iu has with recruiting. If he went there he would lead the team in assists in even limited minutes if they let him play at all. IU has had 31 combined assists in the last three games combined with one player having 4 on one occasion an some player having 3 no one else ever had more than 2. Luke is the type of player they could actually use and wherever he ends up he will wrack major assists at the d1 level. I’m sure you watch a lot of basketball , make time to see the kid live and tell me what you think after the game ...his team can make it a little rough sometimes but I can send you a list of 3-5 games that will be worth watching if you can make it

14. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Also ...you must not have actually seen him live because ( and I want to stress this ISNT a knock on Campbell because that’s the exact type of player I think we need to be open minded at look at and I thin Campbell is a gamer ) without exaggerating brown is as big or bigger and quicker than Donovan. He’s a a better ball handler, creator, AND shooter and he’s all of those things now. Not as in comparing when Donovan was a junior in high school I mean Donovan now on those specific limited elements . Again not at all a knock on Donovan but I’ve seen the limited minutes he gets and comparing those variables that’s a truthful comparison. Could luke step in and play main minutes defense ? Absolutely not but then that’s one of the reason Donovan isn’t on the floor also , but he’s two years bigger and stronger also and is certainly more capable in that area at the moment and even so he can’t see the floor. He and Luke aren’t any more an accurate comparison then you mistakenly thinking I think kamar and luke are a player comparison.

15. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,261
    Either you are paid by the word or you're a direct lineal descendant of Leo Tolstoy. Speaking of which, what is your relationship to Luke Brown? You almost have to have some sort of connection to him. You are way too invested.

Shimmy, UDDawg, estar20dawg and 3 others like this.
  16. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,486
    Dude, you once, in this insane thread, compared playing Carmel and Shenandoah. That’s comparable to playing Villanova and Youngstown State. Stats are irrelevant in that comparison.

I followed Pendleton Heights professionally for about 10 years. People in NE central Indiana have a bloated view of their basketball teams and players. If your guy shows well in EYBL or similar, then I’m sure Coach Jordan will take a look.

estar20dawg and Tentozen like this.
  17. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    None ...Blackford is an incredibly small community ( think Mayberry or hickory ) so since they moved in a couple years ago I know them the same way I would be any member of the county that is involved in the community and has kids in high school sports but it’s certainly not more than acquaintance ....I’m a Blackford fan and thus have been fortunate to see him play on a regular basis ...with his character, ability , unique style of play, and most importantly his work ethic ...it’s very difficult not to become a Like brown fan if you catch any games or watch how he prepares ....I can assure you I’d be equally invested if he was a county or two over where I’d have the same opportunity for exposure but not having him play for my team he’s just THAT good. Learned a hard lesson with Jordan hulls when I watched him regularly as I had many of the same knocks for him that most people do for luke who haven’t observed him actually play

HoosierDawg likes this.
  18. estar20dawg

Money:
    $7,273
    Maybe he should just skip college and go straight to the G League...he's THAT good, I mean his prep is amazing, no other players ever played can say they prep the same way as Luke...I hear they are going to do away with the one and done rule so maybe he'll just declare and I'm thinking his unique style and his unprecedented work ethic will sneak up on GM's and he slides right into a late lottery pick in a couple years...

IU/Butler/Notre Dame likes this.
  19. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,960
    2xDawg, fdr, godogs91 and 3 others like this.
  20. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $191
    Oh my ....in response to someone saying fishers “ wasn’t very good “ I reply that “
    Didn’t they beat Carmel ? And also they beat a very solid shanandoah team “ and that makes you draw the conclusion that that shanandoah and Carmel are equal ? Honestly I didn’t think I had to qualify that with a disclaimer about 151 state championship 5000 student Carmel not being exactly parallel to 400 student shanandoah. But as someone who has covered basketball not far south of this region I’d think you would know that this particular shanandoah squad is exceptionally talented for a 2A public school and is a quality win for ANY program of ANY class size.. other than Blackhawk Christian shanandoah would likely compete for or be the favorite to win the 2A state title and they are well rounded enough, unlike Blackford, to punch above their weight class with this years team as comprised. Anytime you beat Carmel in any sport it’s a resume builder and beat worthy THIS year if you beat shanandoah it’s noteworthy ( likely next year also as they are lead by 3 juniors ) . So for clarification is shandoah comparable to Carmel ...not even close ...is beating shanandoah this year a good measuring stick for a program of any size ...absolutely. As for aau Luke plays the Adidas gauntlet with Indiana elite’s platinum team ( equivalent of Indy heat for Nike circuit ). They are a perineal top 10 and didn’t disappoint last year with trey Kaufman curt hopf Luke keon Thompson etc. I think you’re correct this summer is incredibly important to what offers he ends up with as far as 1 his performance and 2 which other guys ahead of him commit so teams know what spots they have left. I don’t disagree with your inflated opinion arguments as they relate to teams but contrary to appearance I’m a realist. I’ve accurately predicted every loss Blackford will have and no mistaken belief about their ability to compete for a state title. I’ve always watched kids from all parts of the state from
    Varying levels. My opinion isn’t homerism or from lack of comparison. I would encourage you to catch a game and apply the eyeball test. I’ll respect your opinion either way but I think you’re far more likely to say “ ok he’s better than I thought” than you are to say “yeah I think mid major is his only opportunity for impact “