Luke Brown - 2021 Point Guard

Discussion in '2021 Recruiting Profiles' started by IU/Butler/Notre Dame, Jan 8, 2020.

1. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

IU/Butler/Notre Dame Member

Money:
    $168
    Blackford all-state point guard currently not committed

2. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $168
    Collier came to the Blackford/Frankton game last year but I’m not aware of any contact since. Brown is a small sized guard with arguably the best ball handling skills and court vision in the State at any level. As a freshman he was the only player in the State in any class to shoot 40/50/90. He’s the only sophomore in history to lead the state in scoring. Through December he was leading the state in both scoring and assists. He is a member of the adidas Indiana elite platinum team for 2021 with Curt Hopf and trey Kaufman and has helped lead that team to many accolades. I have waited and waited for IU to show him even the slightest bit of attention or even acknowledge him and it hasn’t happened. If they make the mistake of never reaching out this kid is a prototypical butler bulldog. Anyone catch any of his games?

3. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $168
  4. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,382
    Why does it matter if Collier watched him? I wouldn't classify that as contact, Collier can't recruit for Butler.

estar20dawg likes this.
  5. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,518
    BHayden, fdr, Bulldogs260 and 3 others like this.
  6. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,752
    Maybe more importantly Luke does not fill a positional need for BU currently. No doubting his talent though.

IU/Butler/Notre Dame likes this.
  7. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $168
    Wasn’t necessarily implying it was contact just was indicating that was the only public indicia of interest/investigation I had seen with nothing since.

8. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,354
    Really? If Collier observed and recommended the staff take a look.......

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $168
    Definitely true and positional recruiting is important but at Luke’s size if there is a slot from this class open he’d be a great redshirt candidate in my opinion ( if the desired bigs don’t sign ...really wish we could get Caleb Furst but I don’t see it happening )

10. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $168
    Which was my assumption on why he would be there in the first place since frankton had a championship level team but no stand out players of note and Blackford didn’t have much of a team other than Brown

11. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $168
    Right and positional recruiting is essential but I just responded to another post in that regard ...having seen him regularly and with his current size I think if we don’t end up with the bigs we want and have a slot open he’d be a great guy to take and redshirt a season ( if he would go for that given he has offers at mac schools to play right away )

12. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,382
    Your assumption then is that Collier is doing recruiting. I'm sure Collier had a different reason to be in attendance.

13. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,752
    A guess would be to see what all hoopla was about surrounding Luke. Since BC is originally from Florida, what other explanation would there be?

14. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,743
    Gross. Your brother isn’t going to get recruited by BU. Throw away the thread and user. They like Butler, ND and IU?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  15. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $168
    I think you’re assuming my assumption ...an athletic director , emissary, program emeritus, famous alumni, etc could invariably effect recruiting without actually or technically involving themselves in recruitment. I think anyone close to a program can attend games or view players and report that observations to staff and, in fact, I would argue that’s a regular and general practice

16. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $168
    Couldn’t agree more ...there would be zero reason for him to attend outside seeing brown ...there was zero reason for anyone not from Blackford or frankton to attend outside of seeing him

17. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $168
    Ummmm....what ? Lol

18. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $367
    So you are an IU fan? Why not post this on their board?

19. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $168
    I’m actually both ....it’s possible to be such even in diehard fashion ( even if some don’t see it as possible ). For context my dad is a butler undergrad alum and played baseball there in the 60’s. He grew up a massive IU fan. I was born in the early 80’s ( late in life for him) and my childhood was spent watching every iu and butler game that could be consumed ( albeit iu had more access/exposure to non cable folks during the Chaney/bailey years before butler developed its solid and consistent power status ). Neither program had much of a football option and I’m catholic and my mother was a massive notre dame fan so they were the football follow. As I aged and became disappointed with iu’s recruting efforts after bob Knight I came to have a healthy respect for notre dames basketball program as they have , much like butler, figured out that if you want to be consistently successful without cheating you scrap the barrel for every hardworking 3-4 star kid you can find that will be a 4 year coachable high character kid and then occasionally steal a super athletic 5 star or 2 year player to supplement talent on your otherwise perpetual veteran roster...ND has also maintained coaching and program consistency. Truth be told I’ll root for any Indiana team that isn’t playing against iu or butler EXCEPT Purdue who I was taught to hate since birth .....I’ve had many iu discussions about Luke and had hoped he would get a look there ONLY because he was on record saying it was his dream school and I think he’s worked hard enough to get to choose , however , as I mentioned iu recruits poorly from a team perspective and I have always thought luke was a textbook bulldog type player so I’d be thrilled with him in blue

HoosierDawg likes this.
  20. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $168
    First of all ...NO one likes Purdue ...second if you want a fan explanation see my post that’s one up...third not sure if the gross was in reference to me or to the player but nothing about Luke brown the person or player can be described by gross I can tell you that. Fourth I’m lost on the brother comment ?