Luke Brown - 2021 Point Guard

Discussion in '2021 Recruiting Profiles' started by IU/Butler/Notre Dame, Jan 8, 2020.

1. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,118
    Welcome to the board. What an experience for your sons. When I played, it wasn’t the Penn State football team; it was the Penn State football program. Everyone is all in together and important to the success of the program. I have no doubt Butler is the same way. What a cool college experience they will have.

IU/Butler/Notre Dame likes this.
  2. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

IU/Butler/Notre Dame Member

Money:
    $168
    Well said

3. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $874
    I'm sorry that you have felt unwelcome on this board. I believe that most posters here welcome any and all comments made in good faith by Butler supporters and even those made by non-Butler fans as long as those comments aren't made maliciously or with an intent to demean. I appreciate constructive and informed comments from one and all, including fans of our opponents such as xufan and Novachap who bring a different perspective and additional insights. I come to the board for information and camaraderie with fellow Butler fans, and I am happy to read the comments of any who provide that. There are so many knowledgeable and informed Dawg supporters here who generously share their thoughts, and it is a pleasure to read what they have to say. As with any public message board, there are a handful of posters who have a different agenda. Please don't assume that those few speak for the great majority. Thanks to your sons for their contribution to the success of the Butler basketball program. I hope you always feel welcome here.

4. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $168
    thank you for being inclusive/ tolerant

5. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,037
    IU/Butler/Notre Dame: I can't speak for everyone, only myself. I have no problem with people that have a different opinion than my own. What has frustrated me during this thread (and a few other threads) is the need to have an individual reply to almost every post in the thread with a comment. In several instances, one reply would have been more than enough respond to multiple comments in the thread. This is what I was implying when I referenced someone was trying too hard. In a lot of situations, a simple "like" will suffice if you agree with someone's post, rather than adding another post articulating the exact same thing someone else has mentioned. Sometimes less really is more.

Please continue to post; but remember, "With great power comes great responsibility". -Pa Kent to Superman in 1948

6. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,518
    Posters' behavior on this board can be disappointing in a lot of ways, but I don't think attacking trolls is one of them. I don't know what you posted, but if you were unnecessarily attacked, I'm sorry, but it's only because the board has been a cesspool the last few months with obvious idiots' attempts to get kicks by over-running the board with fake, Butler fan caricature profiles. Very few posters here (maybe none) are averse to genuine new posters. I've literally never seen someone cast aside merely because they're new; everyone here enjoys the information and commentary just like you say you do, and pretty much everyone here is also highly invested in the program just as you say you are. But if people are going to (a) sarcastically/facetiously make constant over-enthusiastic posts or (b) post over and over and over again about a pet topic that has essentially zero relevance to Butler, while having little interest in discussing matters actually relevant to the program, they're going to get ridiculed, and there's nothing disappointing about that. I am sorry, however, that the ridiculing seems to have been mistakenly aimed at you.

7. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $168
    And echoed by uncle Ben to Peter Parker thereafter ....point well made ...many of my replies are simply , as a new individual , to make sure no one feels as though in ignoring a positive response but I see what you mean about a “like” being sufficient and will go with that. In regards to comments that can’t be liked though it is a bit of a two way street as my post defending my position on being simply ABLE to post may take up unnecessary room which I prefer be devoted to basketball talk ....so too does the comment of a person who comes to a Luke brown thread to Tell me not to post about Luke brown ....not you necessarily but there are a couple who get obviously agitated about that with which they don’t agree. I suppose I just assumed them avoiding the Luke brown thread might be the easiest option but that’s what I get for assuming. I’ll try and take your suggestion and kick off some basketball discussion and ignore the rest but I do hope you occasionally participate even if it’s with detraction ...thank you

8. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $168
    So ridicule directed at me is justified ? That’s an interesting outlook ...I think that the poster you responded to meant ...and what i would overwhelmingly agree with is ...if your conclusion is that trolling or enthusiastic posting deserves ridicule ...isn’t it a bit hypocritical that you’re coming to a thread for Luke brown discussion that you could easily ignore if you don’t have interest and you’re enthusiastically posting that people shouldn’t discuss it ? I think you’re complaining about trolls on one hand and then engaging in the very behavior you’re critical of while also finding a justification for ridiculing anyone which, spoiler alert, there is no justification for. Now to hopefully put the matter to rest 1. Please stop in if you get a chance to watch him and update me on your thoughts good or bad I would welcome an objective evaluation 2. If you prefer not to I don’t blame you as I said it’s obviously a polarizing issue but please respectfully just ignore the discussion 3. To bring it back to appropriate on topic conversation ...is anyone coming to Blackford mississinewa this Friday ? Mississinewa has a talented roster with a solid junior forward in mcclung a lengthy defender and shooter in swanner and a senior guard in the top five in the state in assists in Horton. They have beaten 4A Marion and Huntington north and boast an overall record of 9-2 with a close loss to 3A ranked norwell. They are a deep well coached team and it will be a good opportunity to see brown against some decent completion where he has to carry some heavy load. These two teams are the class of the CIC which has produced two state 2A champs in the last four years.

9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,518
    yes

10. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $168
    I think that pretty much proves the point of the original poster you responded to. When you can’t argue a position effectively I guess it’s a normal reaction to ignore the part of the argument you can’t contest with relevant information and / or to resort to insult so I won’t take offense to it and still Welcome your opinion if you ever choose to exercise it ...until then if you do insist on commenting please stick to basketball argument regarding brown in this thread not because you’re causing me any trouble but some others have expressed concern this is taking up room or the place of what should be basketball convo ...feel
    Free to send me anything insulting via private message If it makes you feel better or more of a butler fan to do so. For the record though I honestly think not liking me as an individual is ruining your chance to enjoy a pretty intriguing story.

11. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $168
    Now anyways ...combined with previous post ...anyone catching mississinewa Blackford Friday ? Gym holds about 2500 there enrollment is around 1000 and Blackford travels so I expect the place to be packed they moved the jv game to Thursday in hopes of allowing earlier entry for space

12. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $141
    Archive... Heard he is coming here.

13. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $168
    C
    coming where?

14. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,494
    This thread is a wonderful case study on if you grew up with the internet or not. There are obviously no rules keeping someone from replying to every single comment. There are definitely very few real “rules” on the internet.

But there sure are norms! So no, you literally can post all you want on here and nobody can stop you and you’re well within your rights to do so. But just don’t be surprised that many people on here are annoyed and find you obnoxious. Just as there are no “rules” saying you’re forbidden from clogging up threads, there are also no “rules” against — and I’ll just speak for myself here — finding you extremely annoying.

So post away! Just don’t be surprised that you’re being ridiculed. You’re on the internet, bud.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    NCJon, estar20dawg and UDDawg like this.
  15. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $168
    Right ...well said ...so appropriate luke brown discussion “ clogs up” the Luke brown thread and annoys you ...noted. I could understand if I were doing so in one of the other threads I’ve posted in but I stay in topic to those threads ...if you don’t think the kids a good fit or have a knock on his game I can understand that but it’s currently you who is doing the clogging ...for sake of the moderators please just stick to knocks on his game and why he may not fit and send me any insults ya have privately OR feel free to attend any of the games if your near central Indiana and ridicule in person ( my wife would probably welcome the assistance and enjoy the help ) but let’s keep the threads on topic as is your basic suggestion. Should be a good one this Friday I’ll pay your admission if you’re in the area

16. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,382
    Dude, you're not getting it. All that is being said is that this conversation currently appears irrelevant to Butler Basketball. This is a Butler Basketball forum, that is the topic we come to discuss. There are not threads for every recruit in Indiana that Butler may or may not contact in the future.

I'm not sure how others read the board, but I do it chronologically by sorting by recent posts. So yeah, 174 posts in a few days, in a thread about a player that Butler is seemingly not recruiting, IN THE MIDDLE OF BUTLER'S MOST SUCCESSFUL BASKETBALL SEASON EVER, is annoying.

Please don't respond. No response is needed. No one is going to Blackford on Friday.

mwall787, NCJon, estar20dawg and 2 others like this.
  17. IU/Butler/Notre Dame

Money:
    $168
    1. Im going to missessenewa Friday ...along with 3k other people great article in Madison county about how Anderson and other central Indiana schools are all dropping attendance and no one can get a sell out other than Blackford btw

2. half of the messages are you and a couple other people complaining about the thread existing

3. I get your argument entirely the problem is your ignoring your own argument by not electing to simply not click on this specific thread ...yes it’s at the top ( again as much a result of you 3 or 4 as it is me ) but you still can go right past it just as I’ve gone past any that don’t interest me. You are in no way exposed to any of this info unless you choose to be ....I think he’d be a great butler fit if you don’t then I respect your opinion and I agree I wouldn’t make a thread for every Blackford kid or someone without merit but he does play on the second best aau team in the entire state at his age group (and IE elite typically is competitive with Indy Heat who id say is first ) but he also has 8 d1 offers and has had contact from butler dating to his freshman year ....its not as though I’m making threads for my step kids and his buddies that don’t have realistic prospects to play after high school ....although I do think tayson Parker and colson Montgomery would probably be fringe thread worthy I’ve resisted that as well

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    tlp63 likes this.
  18. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,118
    And sometimes one of us buys your NCAAT tix in 2015 and then meets you again during my only ever trip to Hinkle in 2016! Hope you’re well!

Albick and IU/Butler/Notre Dame like this.
  19. ap234

ap234 Active Member

Money:
    $264
    You should probably go back a page a read Jared's post. Since he and others are the ones that make the rules around here.

IU/Butler/Notre Dame likes this.
  20. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,382
    I didn't define any rules or imply I have authority, but thanks for the suggestion. I explained to him why he's being viewed as annoying, which he was seemingly having trouble comprehending.

Tentozen, BoyGeoff and theenforcer13 like this.