Major Announcement on Tuesday, April 26

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by gmoser1210, Apr 18, 2016.

1. gmoser1210

gmoser1210 Active Member

Money:
    $295
    Sorry if this is off topic, but I'm not positive if it is or not. Anyone know anything about the "major announcement" we got an email about today? If you didn't get the email, it essentially said we're invited campus to "celebrate a historic moment for Butler University" on Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 11:00 AM at the Howard L. Schrott Center for the Arts.

2. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,061
    Wondered the same..My hunch was opening a new school of something. Total guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $79
    Or Scotty's is opening and they want everyone there so the real VIPs get first seating ;)

4. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,802
    Ha! My first guess was Scotty's, too. Beats taking the drunk bus (if it still exists).

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,986
    I would hope we don't need president Danko to talk about a bar opening... It will be bigger than that I am sure.

6. gmoser1210

gmoser1210 Active Member

Money:
    $295
    Thinkinv a little more about it now, given the timing and the fact that Indiana's primary might actually matter for the first time, I wonder if they're announcing that a primary debate will be held at the school.

7. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,061
    Not having a formal announcement for the "historic event" of opening a bar that had already been announced.

Hmmm this is a good thought. I could see this.

8. joliebeth23

joliebeth23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,228
    I wondered too. The email was certainly a good teaser anyway!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

9. DawgsforLife

DawgsforLife New Member

Money:
    $5
    I suspect it's regarding a significant eight figure donation to launch the fund raising effort for the construction of a new College of Business building.

10. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,061
    Seems like it'd be hard to keep a presidential debate undisclosed until just a few days before it happens. An event like that is obviously a lot bigger than BU.

I'm gonna stick with it being the opening of a new school, maybe received a big donation to do so. Maybe engineering? Physical therapy? Either way, should be exciting.

Sadly, of course, my first thought was I hope someone is throwing some money down for a basketball facility of some kind. Haha.

11. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,061
    Person I trust says he's heard we got a monster donation and are building a new business school facility but he doesn't know if the announcement is related to that.

12. BUStudent

BUStudent Active Member

Money:
    $143
    We're joining the Big Ten.

13. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $689
    Alex Barlow has been granted another year of eligibility.

14. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,802
    I was completely joking about Scotty's. Our company bid on the survey work for the new school. While pretty cool, not a groundbreaking thing. Debate site makes sense. Would be awesome if it were in Hinkle (and hot). Would love nothing more than to see Trump sweat his ass off, and not just because Megyn Kelly is grilling him.

I may move up to Canada with Howard Washington if he is the republican candidate.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $431
    I agree with DawgsforLife. I think its something with there Butler 2020 plan and announcing their new business building or a long the lines with that but I could see the a presidential debate as well.... good thoughts!

16. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $431
    I heard this from multiple students but there is no way. With our football program not up to par and just moving to the Big East. I think we found a stable conference and the Big Ten already has enough teams.

17. DuckOnAModerator

DuckOnAModerator Active Member

Money:
    $48
    can someone please buy this guy a sarcasm meter...

18. MiniLaura

MiniLaura Member

Money:
    $7
    From the email regarding the announcement:

If you are not local or are unable to attend, please watch the announcement at https://www.butler.edu/live

19. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    I imagine it's something related to academics. New college, new building, etc.

20. Huntin'Dawg

Huntin'Dawg Member

Money:
    $39
    Are you high?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016