Major Announcement on Tuesday, April 26

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by gmoser1210, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Huntin'Dawg

Huntin'Dawg Member

Money:
    $39
    April Fools Day was 3 weeks ago.

2. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    Did we successfully clone Matt Howard?

3. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $689
    No. Even better, Jamie Smalligan.

4. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    Is he schooling Jeff Foster's clone this off-season?

5. BulldogsAllTheWay

Money:
    $689
    My sources say he was thunder dunking all over him...

6. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,061
    Evidently the people in the know had to sign non-disclosure agreements. Has to be somewhat significant? Or at least the administration thinks so?

I still think it's a presidential debate towards the end of next week, but that's just my best guess.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  7. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    If that were the case the world would have exploded....or at least all the light fixtures in the basement of Ross Hall would have.

8. Nildogg

Nildogg Active Member

Money:
    $8,566

I love that I was the source of this long standing inside joke.

In all honesty, and a slight correction; the source DID tell me that he "Schooled" Jeff Foster in open gym. Maybe not consistently, but at least once.... lol

May the joke continue on forever.

9. thevinrod

thevinrod Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $719
    My guess - no inside info - Butler merging with CTS to expand campus and programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,430
    I shouldn't have laughed at this but I did.

11. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,986
    Interesting thought. I think I'd phrase that as an acquisition and not a merger though.

12. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,032
    Realize its university-wide and not athletics announcement, but wish it was announcement of a standalone practice facility.

13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,514
    Yes, rumor is he's moderating the presidential debate being held at Scotty's.

14. pharmtard09

pharmtard09 Active Member

Money:
    $19
    Would this clone also drunkenly stumble into WuDawg09's room and crash in his bed?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

15. BulldogsAllTheWay

Money:
    $689
    [​IMG]

16. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    It wasn't WuDawg09's room it was my room....the door to our room was still warped two years later....

17. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,061
    T-minus 24 hours...

(*please be somehow related to basketball*)

This morning, Cruz challenged Trump to a debate in Indiana. Don't know if I think that means the announcement is or more or less likely to be a debate announcement, given that we were told about this event about a week ago. Cruz's "challenge" could just be theatrics in the lead up to a debate at Clowes he knows is happening.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  18. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,613
    Trump is beating Cruz in all the polls here... why would he agree to a debate? There is nothing to gain for him.

19. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,061
    A) His lead is small (~6%)
    B) The latest polls were conducted before Kasich decided to punt Indiana, and a decent portion of Kasich's votes should go to Cruz
    C) Cruz is going to be campaigning fairly hard in Indiana (he's here now), in part because the demographics of Indiana are similar to the non-Chicago demographics of Illinois, where Cruz did relatively well.

Not saying it's going to happen, but there are plenty of reasons for Trump to want to debate/campaign here. It's less about what he has to gain, and more about not losing it. He needs Indiana if he doesn't want it going to the convention, and Cruz absolutely has a shot to swoop in and win.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  20. ButlerHomer

ButlerHomer Active Member

Money:
    $297
    It's not a debate. That's ridiculous for many reasons.

It will be the replacement for Schwitz or a business building. I don't know what they'd put in Holcomb but that could potentially be a new college as well, so it's a two-fer announcement. An engineering school plus a new business building. God knows where they'd put it though.