Malik Hall - 2019 Power Forward (Offered)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by bumba, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $221
  2. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,497
    Purdue out here putting in work. Time for Matt to get past the second weekend.

3. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,668
    Interesting that a kid from Kansas, would eschew Kansas but include two other Big12 schools.

4. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,240
    [​IMG]
    Livin' on a prayer offer to the archives... (and he's not from Kansas, he's from Montgomery, IL)

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  5. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,961
    Is this still funny to you when we don’t even have scholarships available?

bu2013 likes this.
  6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,650
    So tired of it.

bu2013 likes this.
  7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,472
  8. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $374
    Announcing today. If you want a laugh or just hate Purdue, go to their page. They basically called him a lock and MSU is now trending. Though Sparty fans aren't too happy because now they can't get Stewart, Brooks, and Carey together... (which was unlikely anyways). But the fact that it pisses of Purdue fans more because the MSU fans don't even really want him is great. It will be good if Hall goes to MSU because that means Purdue won't have him. But it also means that Keion Brooks may go to IU now with TJD. Purdue still will have the recruits they took from Butler tho so that can't be too upset right? ;)

9. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    Every fanbase isn't happy when someone they led with winds up going somewhere else. I'm just hoping for my wife and her family's sake that Izzo can coach the team past the first weekend.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  10. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    K

11. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $374
    Maybe they would if Izzo actually played his talent. I am just happy that Purdue didn't get everyone they wanted since they got Gillis, Thompson and possibly Newman from Butler.

12. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $813
    I'll take Golden/Nze and Battle over those names, maybe even Tucker over Dartmouth ttansfer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

Insane Dawg likes this.
  13. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    I think the only one on that list that you could make an argument for that Butler was ever a serious contender for would be Gillis, and given the uncertainty with his health, I think Butler actually wound up just fine.

14. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $374
    I'd take Pre Injured Gillis over Golden easily just because Gillis is an incredible athlete. My memory is that we were after Thompson a decent amount but I could be wrong there. If not, you can't forget about Eric Hunter. I still have nightmares about Hunter and Gillis not being a bulldog.

15. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $813
    Could have just been lip service after the fact, but Thompson said the hardest call he had to make was to Lavall to tell him he was heading to Purdue. I think Lavall creates great relationships but I think we need a good year in 18/19 and a really good year in 19/20 to land the 2021 talent we need to be a perennial contender.

Insane Dawg likes this.
  16. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,957
    Everyone I talk to absolutely loves LaVall. Anytime I talk to parents or AAU coaches and they find out I’m covering Butler the first thing every single person says is how great of a guy he is. I’ve never met anyone who doesn’t absolutely love being around him.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

17. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,002
    That’s good to hear. That will allow Butler to land a few recruits above its level over time. Assuming he stays, of course.

18. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $813
    "Above its level"? We clearly have different expectations for this program.

Daddysmack, BHayden, Tentozen and 3 others like this.
  19. ButlerAlumDad716

ButlerAlumDad716 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $440
    Even going back to his playing days and stint on TL's staff, never heard 1 negative comment. It wasn't easy for him either as he was coaching a few players he was on the court with. I personally know he's maintained long standing relationships with members of those teams.

Tentozen likes this.
  20. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,002
    I think you missed my point. Let me clarify:

I fully expect Butler to be in the top part of the Big East every year with a chance to win it. Plus make the Sweet 16 (anything after that is a coin flip). But Butler has never landed a 5-star player or I think even a Top 50 player. I read the story on here about how a relationship with Stevens almost landed us Cody Zeller. That’s my point. If everyone loves Lavall, eventually he will get a “Cody Zeller” that Butler otherwise would not get.

Above its level... Butler is never going to out-recruit Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, UNC, etc. Doesn’t mean they can’t (and won’t) beat them or do better in the tourney. That’s all I mean.