Manny Bates - 2022 Center Transfer (Verbal)

Discussion in '2022 Recruiting Profiles' started by MarcusNellemsfor3, Apr 15, 2022.

1. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,284
    Gonna be such a fun game watching to see if Danko realizes the causation for the increased donations when he sees….”hmmmm we’re spending more money, but we’re making…..even more???”

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

bwesson15, Tentozen, Hinkle and 3 others like this.
  2. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,004
    You seriously have some Pappy’s? I’d love to hear your review, how & where you got it (not what you paid $$$ necessarily), how long you’ve had it, other. I enjoy some other Pappy’s products, e.g. bourbon barrel maple syrup, cocktail mixes.

bicknob likes this.
  3. dawgs2014

Money:
    $10,284
    Okay sober sally

DuckOnAModerator likes this.
  4. Woof

Woof Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,349
    Wow, what a turnaround a month can make. Heading into April, the program and the fanbase were in disarray. A few days into May, we're already declaring Butler a tournament-bound team! I sure hope so, but I'm also trying temper expectations a little bit considering there are still a ton of unknowns on how the team will coalesce and play, not to mention how Bates will fare coming off an injury that kept him out an entire year.

That said, and echoing other sentiments, it's so nice to genuinely look forward to the next season of Butler basketball. No matter what happens on the court, this current moment is about as excited as I've been for an upcoming season. Surely, there will be ups and downs when the season gets rolling, but having Thad at the helm and landing three major needs-meeting transfers, along with keeping the rest of team intact (plus Turnbull) blows away any expectations I could have had one month prior. Let's enjoy it!

5. HinkleMagic20

HinkleMagic20 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $520
    This is something I'll never understand either. You see it in sports all the time, well, "we can't pay Player Y, X dollars" without realizing how much bringing in a big name can help with ticket sales, merchandise, and national relevance--in addition to winning games.

6. dawgs2014

Money:
    $10,284
    The older I get the more I realize that sports owners are conmen and crooks.

Tentozen and 2xDawg like this.
  7. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,983
    Fixed it.

HinkleMagic20 likes this.
  8. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,696
    Can we change the title of this thread to:

“Manny Bates - 2022 Center McTransfer (Verbal)”

It would be fun!

9. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,643

Hmm . . . do you think he might be a little bitter?

10. ButlerHomer

ButlerHomer Well-Known Member

Money:
    $613
    That's crazy. Maybe left out the part that we hired a coach who has been to the national championship game as a coach and Georgetown has a former star they're afraid to can even though he's made their team a laughing stock. Maybe that has something to do with it?

2xDawg likes this.
  11. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,217
    Stagg is not even a thought to get here, but I love the KC 9 single barrel, got a few of those in reserve... 12 has not showed down here, but got a bottle heading thru, Indiana. ;)

12. DuckOnAModerator

DuckOnAModerator Active Member

Money:
    $185
    Batch 9 was my favorite so far. Went through a number of bottles of it back when you could get a bottle for $70 on the secondary. Still have one full and one almost empty of that batch.

If you can find good KC store picks, they can be fantastic. I miss the 15+ year barrels they had about 3 years ago, and at 120 proof you are set.

I agree with whomever noted that Pappy is overrated. My open bottle really only gets poured when I have guests who want to try it. Really there are so many ridiculously better bottles at that price point (secondary).

kmacker69, noltar and 2xDawg like this.
  13. DuckOnAModerator

DuckOnAModerator Active Member

Money:
    $185
    If you consider 10 Year Old Rip Van Winkle, I have an open bottle from 2017. I won it in a right to buy raffle and paid retail which back then was $79.99. It is honesty incredibly overrated. I think it drinks hot for 107 proof too. It isn’t bad, but I would take almost any BTAC bottle over it to drink.

kmacker69, noltar and ButlerProf like this.
  14. noltar

noltar Well-Known Member

Money:
    $841
    Yeah it's too bad they don't do the 15 year picks anymore and went exclusively to the 9ish ones. I still have one that's about a third full I visit on occasion, otherwise not huge on the other KC stuff besides the 120 proof SiBs. The 15 year red label is way overpriced for what it is.

Happy to take any other extras of Stagg Jr off your hands, regardless of batch lol.

DuckOnAModerator likes this.
  15. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,135
    Yeah, the change in coaching staff is the obvious difference maker here. That and Butler has also made other offseason additions of talent and may not be done yet.

16. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,101
    It's a huge change. I know many were hesitant to can LaVall and move another direction but even the die hards are seeing the vast difference between how the program was being run to how a program in a major conference should be run.

We all can talk this and that, hope this and that, argue about this and that...but one thing is clear-the night and day change this program has seen in 30ish days is really an eye opener...in a great way. Playtime is over.

17. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,173
    Gotta figure that the 2022-23 seat for Ewing can't be any hotter. He really, really needs to do well or he's gone. Ewing may be Georgetown royalty, but I don't think he's untouchable. John T. Jr., the original heir apparent who figured to be there until his retirement, got shown the door for non performance. Ewing's performance is worse than Thompson's, sans the fluke BE tournament championship. IMO, similar to St. John's and Chris Mullin. Lousy coaching is lousy coaching. And we here are somewhat familiar with what lousy coaching looks like. What have you done for me lately?

ButlerHomer likes this.
  18. SCbulldogsfan4life

SCbulldogsfan4life Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,127
    It's hilarious reading through the Georgetown fan forums and seeing people say they're glad Bates chose Butler because he's just going to be injured all year and they dodged a bullet. My favorite ones, though, are the ones claiming that Butler gave him a better NIL deal (with no supporting evidence, of course) and they don't want players who are chasing $$. Just LOL.

19. DawgDude

DawgDude Member

Money:
    $163
    There should be concerns about his injury. Dawgs seem to dominate in that category

CCDawg, DawgPoundMac and 2xDawg like this.
  20. Woof

Woof Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,349
    Definitely, especially if he's just now being released for full contact. Absolutely worth the risk though given his defense. Also makes landing Jalen Thomas in tandem a huge win, taking some of the pressure off of Manny handling most of the frontcourt burden.