Manny Bates - 2022 Center Transfer (Verbal)

Discussion in '2022 Recruiting Profiles' started by MarcusNellemsfor3, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,417
    Yeah I’m a little surprised (if reports are true) that he hasn’t been cleared yet from a shoulder dislocation with surgery 5 months ago. I know he had shoulder surgery in 2018 but that was on his left shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,284
    Who was hesitant to can Lavall? I honestly can’t think of anyone who was like “no this is the right level for Butler” except maybe danko.

Daddysmack likes this.
  3. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,609
    I'll say that I was very hesitant to fire LaVall if the replacement was Boals, who I felt was a lateral move that would cost us key players. But Thad has been a homerun and I legitimately couldn't be more pleased with the direction the program is taking.

Last edited: May 6, 2022
  4. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,696
    I really hope they do just enough to sneak into the tourney as like a 12 seed… just enough for Ewing to keep his job. He’s taking them nowhere and that’s the top academic institution in the BE with a ton of basketball history. Look at Butler’s turnaround in 5 weeks… I’d hate for Georgetown to can Ewing and then “get it right”. I love their irrelevance.

SnoopDawg likes this.
  5. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,302
    Well Andy Katz seems to think Manny is an elite Tier 1 talent...
    https://foxsports.onelink.me/SY6x/0jprs56m

Sent from my SM-G986U using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. ButlerHomer

ButlerHomer Well-Known Member

Money:
    $614
    Just seeing what ACC fans think of Bates pretty much secures my thought that we got a major steal if he's healthy. Theyre still having nightmares about him and I can't wait for Big East players to deal with Manny sending their shots back to them. If he was transferring without an injury history I'd guess the blue bloods would have been calling.

SnoopDawg, NCJon and MSUDawg like this.
  7. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,658
    I think you hit the nail there...

8. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,643
    Of the three ACC transfers Butler has now had by my count (Tyler Lewis, Jordan Tucker & Bates) he is by far the one I am or was most excited about at this point. I watched all three at their respective schools before Butler. I have every expectation that Bates will be a game changer for the Bulldogs.

For whatever it is worth, I was excited about Lewis, but had some reservations. I was not enthusiastic about Tucker, and held those thoughts to myself because I don't like being critical of the players on here, especially before they've suited up.

BoyGeoff, 2xDawg, Tentozen and 2 others like this.
  9. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,610

When Tyler Lewis came to Butler I was excited, I wasn't sure who he was until I remembered watching him run point for NC State in the play-in game the year before. I loved how he got guys open and made nifty passes, I wanted Butler to have someone like him after Nored left. Lewis got on my nerves for sure, the guy couldn't defend his position for his size, but he made himself a lot better in his final year.
    Bates already surpasses my expectations for what a transfer should do for Butler, assuming he's healthy.

10. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,696
    As long as Bates hits the first 3 he takes in the Crossroads, we should be good. Then we can have high expectations.

formz42, bmradio99 and NCJon like this.
  11. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,550
    Wait, you’re saying that Bates will be eligible for the crossroads? /s

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,842
    This is going back a few years but did Julian Betko transfer from Clemson?

13. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,861
    Betko is a coach and develops basketball talent in Europe for colleges in the USA.

14. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,643
    Of course, you are correct. Totally forgot that Betko came from Clemson. I don't think I watched a single Clemson game his one season there.

15. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,035
    Image1651986280.972946.jpg

Think Manny is ready to get to work…

16. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    If Bates stays healthy we will be dancing but with Butler “ healthy” has not been a strength.

17. seadawg

Money:
    $9,861
    Injuries are inherently a part of sports.

18. NCDog

NCDog Member

Money:
    $64
    True, but are not properly conditioned athletes less prone to injuries?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,417
    Daily Manny Drop:

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  20. seadawg

Money:
    $9,861
    If NCDog is inferring about BU specifically, any questioning of the past training program is reasonable. The facts were Matthew Johnson arrived 1n 2018. The rash of injuries happened when the incoming freshmen were not allowed to be on campus until just before classes began in the fall semester 2020, due to covid. Thus, any training happened on their own. Prior to the 20-21 season there were no major season ending issues. Any criticisms may be fair but also are debatable.

beezer16 and NCJon like this.