Markeese Hastings - 2018 Forward (Signed)

Discussion in '2018 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,975
    According to the newspaper article Lamar posted Weems is AP player of the year for Class B.

2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,620
    That's correct, I screwed up. Imagine that. Another fact is Weem's New Haven team was shelled by Grand Rapids Central Catholic in the tournament yet Godwin Heights handled GRCC easily earlier this year. One thing is for sure Michigan is loaded with talent.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    MSUDawg likes this.
  3. seadawg

Money:
    $2,620
    Hastings was named 1st team class B all-state by Detroit News.

4. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $949

NCJon likes this.
  5. seadawg

Money:
    $2,620
    Norman will participate also.

NCJon, #60 and Lamar Norman like this.
  6. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $370
  7. beezer16

beezer16 Member

Money:
    $109
  8. seadawg

Money:
    $2,620
    Weems was earlier named to DFP Dream team which was the 5 top players from all classes.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  9. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $370
    Agree, I was wondering where Foster Loyer was myself. It looks like they took out the DFP dream team from being eligible...

Foster Loyer
    David DeJulius
    Romeo Weems
    Brandon Johns
    Trevion Williams

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...e-press-boys-basketball-dream-team/517482002/

10. seadawg

Money:
    $2,620
    Getting eliminated fairly early in the tournament probably hurt both Hastings' and Norman's stock.

Lamar Norman likes this.
  11. Lamar Norman

Lamar Norman Active Member

Money:
    $189
    It shouldn't but probably did the players that made this list because they went further in the tournament no player in class B average more then Lamar 2nd team is fine but if you ask the voters that voted have they watched Lamar play? Most of them on the other side of the state never watched a game.

Sent from my [device_name] using Butler Hoops mobile app

BHayden, #60 and SpartanDawgs like this.
  12. seadawg

Money:
    $2,620
    Exposure can't be measured but is certainly a factor. In fact I think Godwin Heights was certainly capable of winning your tournament. Obviously a terrible time to have a bad game. No telling where MH and LN would have ended up on these all-state teams had the season not ended prematurely.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,975
    Unless things have changed in Michigan coaches and schools used to promote their players with mailings and posters for All State. So name recognition is important.

14. Lamar Norman

Lamar Norman Active Member

Money:
    $189
    Lamar was 1st team last year he averaged more this year then last but losing might hurt his stock but 2nd team is good people know lamar is top 5 in the state

Sent from my [device_name] using Butler Hoops mobile app

MIBulldog, NCJon and Shimmy like this.
  15. cornette33

cornette33 Active Member

Money:
    $448
    Could we see Markeese redshirted with the addition of Golden? Seems like a ton of forwards on the roster.

16. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $370
    Weren’t we just worried about not having enough? Golden can’t play the 4 the whole game and with Tucker not being able to play until crossroads. I don’t see Hastings being redshirted unless he isn’t ready to play at this level. He sure has the body for the BE right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

17. cornette33

cornette33 Active Member

Money:
    $448
    You're probably right. Just inquiring

18. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $370
    redshirting is hard to predict. If he brings uniqueness and has a role that will help Butler on the court, then he won't be redshirted. Also some athletes just don't consider it an option even though the coaches would love them to.

Going to try to see him in Indy this weekend.

cornette33 likes this.
  19. seadawg

Money:
    $2,620
    If MH were to be red-shirted, it would not happen because he is physically not ready for play at the D1 level unless he would be injured. IMO This kid is a specimen.

20. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $949
    Yeah I think he should see minutes solely based on the fact that he has a BE ready body which not many freshman have. Also, Tucker is out until semester so that opens up some minutes on the wing. The option of a RS might also depends on what position the coaches think he can play. If he is a true wing, then he could be stuck behind Baddley, McDermott, David, JGB--there would be a potential case to redshirt. However, if he can play both the 3 and 4, his versatility and athleticism (which I think might translate into a solid defender and rebounder) should help him to find decent minutes, especially prior to the BE regular season.

joliebeth23 likes this.