Markeese Hastings - 2018 Forward (Signed)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 10, 2017.

1. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $167
    Markeese is playing very well in the prep all stars game. Probably the leading scorer and a ton of rebounds. Good built and ball handling. A little small, could play the 3 more than the four. But seeing golden and Hastings on the floor together in the future is great. Side note: Lamar Norman has some ups and great athleticism. Him and Hastings have great chemistry.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

joliebeth23 and Dawgedd like this.
  2. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $167
    Not keeping track but he should have about 20pts 10 rebounds. Finishing well at the rim and has the strength. Brought it up court a little bit. Can’t wait for LaVall to get his hands on him.

joliebeth23, Hinkle and Dawgedd like this.
  3. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $167
    MVP of the game. Winning block at the end 22pts

4. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,198

See whole comments. I love that he is getting motivation from those who think he can’t find rotation minutes as a freshman.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,207
    Not surprising. Several of us have said MH has the athletic skills and work ethic to be a really good player at BU.

Dawgedd likes this.
  6. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $898
    Not too shabby considering he had 4 Big Ten teammates (2 to MSU, 1 Purdue, 1 Wisconsin). Not counting on him to be a consistent scorer (yet) at the college level, but if he plays defense well enough, he's going to find the floor.

7. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,198
    Anyone have the tally on recruiting rankings for who he was playing with. Was Bingham there?? I think he is top 60 ish.

Good to see marketers standing out at what appears to be several players that are projected to play right away on high major programs

8. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $898
    Assuming everyone who was on the roster was there playing (you'd have to confirm with Ari), here is who I was talking about:
    Marcus Bingham Jr. - MSU - 247 composite ranking of .9770 (61st nationally)
    Trevion Williams - Purdue - 247 composite ranking of .9293 (142nd nationally)
    Thomas Kithier - MSU - 247 composite ranking of .9231 (152nd nationally)
    Taylor Currie - Wisconsin - 247 composite ranking of .8953 (193rd nationally)

So not quite as impressive as I initially thought other than Bingham, especially if you consider all 4 are either listed at power forwards or centers, but Hastings has a composite rating of .8228 (456th nationally), so have to believe he'll prove that rating wrong.

9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,913
    There’s just no way that ranking isn’t way off. No one who is built like that and moves like that should ever be ranked below 455 other high school prospects. I’m not saying he’s a top 150 player (I have no idea), but there’s zero chance there are 455 better high school prospects.

His entire recruitment is sort of perplexing. Recruiting rankings are often so skewed towards guys with high upside/great builds, and he has both, and he was completely off everyone’s radar and now goes for 26 in a game with several high major recruits.

What the hell happened? Late growth spurt? Was he just completely uncoordinated until this past season? I just don’t get it. Again, not saying he’s a top 100 or even 200 prospect necessarily. But 456? That’s just a joke, and a perplexing one.

10. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $167
    All those players were there.

Trevion Williams, Marcus Bingham, & Markeese Hastings were all really impressive today.

Trevion is shorter than I thought but he knew how to use his body and is more mobile than I thought.

Bingham is a poor mans Jaren Jackson. Can shoot and dribble well for his tall lengthy body.

Currie and Brad Davidson are going to keep Wisconsin a float in the big ten. Football player mentalities.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  11. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $167
    Also AT and Sean McDermott were at the event to support Hastings.

12. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $898
    That's probably even more important than anything. If the guys are there supporting their future teammate kudos to them.

shoeevv, Dewars12, #60 and 2 others like this.
  13. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $898
  14. ButlerAlumDad716

ButlerAlumDad716 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $609
    Heard from a coach last weekend who lost this recruiting battle that MK was/is underrated perhaps due to competition and this coach really was hoping to get him for UB under the radar. Coach liked his court and in game IQ. This coach, now in the MAC was a HC in the Horizon going up against TL & BS.

15. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,572
    So many 2 letter names in there thought I was cracking the code for the Allies against the Japanese before Midway...

ThePioneerLeague likes this.
  16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,924
    I'm calling Loyola if it's who I'm thinking. There were some good games against them when Lick was starting to nail his recruiting pitch. They beat us at Hinkle one year we only had a handful of losses. Those were fun times when the place was half full and still loud as hell and you had to listen to away games on AM radio lol.

17. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $898
    You could just say "Jim Whitesell".

18. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,303
    I only know what I read, and what I see in the video's - but this guy has the physical attributes you need to play in the BE, and his C.V. suggests he has excellent leadership skills - I'm going to go out on a limb and call him an LJ clone.

19. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $861
    Michigan high school coaches rave about him.

20. ButlerAlumDad716

ButlerAlumDad716 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $609
    He offered 1 of our high school bigs (2020) John Orogun during the UB Camp. Coach said he doesn't ever remember beating BU at Hinkle.