Markeese Hastings - 2018 Forward (Signed)

Discussion in '2018 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 10, 2017.

1. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,617
    There are always exceptions to the rule. Whether or not Hastings is a shot blocker is in essence immaterial. The real question is can he be effective as a power forward and he certainly could be. Time will tell.

znelson15 likes this.
  2. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,560
    I love strawman comps to nba players, especially elite nba players

3. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,309
    "Good as advertised
    The Wolverines appeared to be the team to beat in the Grand Rapids area heading into Tuesday’s season opener with a pair of Division I commits in Lamar Norman and Markeese Hastings leading the way, and the two didn’t disappoint. Hastings, who has committed to Butler, scored 23 points, including 11 in the opening quarter to spark the Wolverines early."

BHayden, Mad_Dawg 48, Hinkle and 4 others like this.
  4. BHayden

BHayden Member

Money:
    $113
    Interestingly enough, Hastings’ teammate Lamar Norman just decommitted from UTEP. Seems like he has a lot of upside and athleticism and is listed as a 3 star on rivals. Also, had a previous offer from Milwaukee which I’m assuming was from LaVall? Might be something to look into for the staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Super Moderator

Money:
    $904
    I'd prefer they continue to go for Thompson. That way I don't have to learn new names as we transition from Aaron to Isaiah.

BHayden likes this.
  6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,044
    UTEP's coach all of a sudden retired last week. Kids that go there tend not to be strong academically.

BHayden and NateDog like this.
  7. IrishDawghouse

IrishDawghouse Member

Money:
    $75
    I really like Lamar Norman. Tremendous upside with how athletic he is and great shooter. I know someone from his area that says he should definitely be getting more major D1 looks. I would love for Butler to offer. Also, Hastings and Norman already have chemistry playing on the same high school team so that would only help

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

BHayden likes this.
  8. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,311
    If he’s athletic and can shoot, sign him up. Those types tend to do well in the college game.

9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,382
  10. El Conquistador

El Conquistador New Member

Money:
    $35
    Have you ever been to Wyoming Mi? Not exactly a hoops hotbed

I have spoken.
    (Hello, NSA)

11. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $1,309
    Drew Neitzel? Also Godwin Heights. Where Hastings goes. Is an elite basketball program for their class.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

12. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Active Member

Money:
    $408
    Xavier Tillman, Michigan State Freshman, 6-8, 260, is a Grand Rapids product, and he is going to be a load when he gets rolling, already is averaging 10 minutes a game on one of the top teams in the country.

13. 4636Cornelius

4636Cornelius Member

Money:
    $46
    My brother in law coaches in the Grand Rapids area, was at the game on Friday night, and has heard that Norman very much wants to go to Butler. He was impressed with his game on Friday, very quick, made good decisions, knocked down several 3's. He said he was actually more impressed with Norman than Hastings and that is no slight on Hastings.

14. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $1,309
    I think everyone would be more than happy to welcome Norman if the Butler staff wanted him and if he the academics are there.

BHayden likes this.
  15. Irishdawg

Money:
    $904
    I don't know about everyone, but I think most would welcome him. Offensively, I think he looks like he's got the tools to be a good player in college, my only concern is what kind of defender he can be in college. He looks to be a good enough athlete, I just think he looks like he could use a little more bulk or strength, but without having seen him on defense in his videos, it's a little difficult to really know.

Butler needs a stud scorer at the 3/4 spot next year, but save for having another stud or two that can go get their own buckets if necessary, I think Butler's got some nice pieces in place.

16. Irishdawg

Money:
    $904
    Depending on the roads/weather, I may be going up to watch Hastings and Norman in a game against Grand Rapids Catholic Central. Hopefully all is clear that day/night.

17. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Active Member

Money:
    $3,068
  18. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,729
    Looks like we should dust off some of those backdoor lob plays that we ran for Khyle Marshall.