Markeese Hastings - 2018 Forward (Western Michigan)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,110
    He must've been sloshed from a hot Valentine's date back in '09 then. Matt Howard scored something like 30 points that game and tried to carry the freshmen to the finish line, but Loyola was playing out of their minds that day.

Back to Hastings, I really can't wait to see some videos posted from the team's summer workouts. He keeps working on his skills with the athleticism he's already shown and he could be a big factor down the road.

ButlerAlumDad716 likes this.
  2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,616
    If I recall correctly Loyola actually nailed us twice in a row at Hinkle.

bumba likes this.
  3. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,802
    Blake Schilb dominated at Hinkle in 2007. He has been in Europe the past few years.

Feb. 22, 2007

INDIANAPOLIS - Blake Schilb scored 28 points and Tracy Robinson hit five free throws in the final 36 seconds to lead visiting Loyola University Chicago (20-9, 10-5 Horizon) to a 75-71 victory over No. 15 Butler at Hinkle Fieldhouse tonight. The victory was a landmark for Loyola for several reasons - it snaps a 17-game losing streak to the Bulldogs at historic Hinkle Fieldhouse, it gives the Ramblers 20 wins for the first time since 1984-85, and it is their first win over a ranked opponent since 1986.

"I'm just real proud of our guys," Loyola head coach Jim Whitesell said. "This was a great team win over a great Butler team."

4. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,065
    Schilb was a thorn in Butler’s side. Remember he missed a shot in Butler’s 67-66 win in the Horizon Tourney that year that would have knocked Butler out before the final. I believe Butler lost the final to Wright State before getting a 5 seed and beating ODU and UMD on the way to the Sweet 16, but someone correct my poor memory.

5. ButlerAlumDad716

ButlerAlumDad716 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $616
    I'll remind him of his "senior" moment next week when I see him. LOL

6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,169
    They definitely beat us one night in overtime at home. Only thing I remember was Moe & Johnny's was totally dead after the game so we went over to whatever became of the Pawn Shop Pub.

7. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,343
    I assume you all know that you can go online at the Butler website and view schedule results in the archive tab. Here is the 09' results, Loyola won one of two games that season. http://butlersports.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball&schedule=34

edit note: I somehow had entered the 09-10 season originally, this is the correct year 08-09.

8. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $167
    I’ve waited a long time for this. Dude always had the college body. Hoping he gets double digits in mins and points today but unlikely

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Insane Dawg and Hinkle like this.
  9. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,885
    I know it was late and against Southern, but it seemed like he definitely had a nose for the ball.

godogs91 and MSUDawg like this.
  10. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,916
    Three rebounds in three minutes is AOK

11. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,086
  12. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,313
    But but but but...he opted out because of covid I was told.

13. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,548
    Not pleased with playing time...which, in year 3, I get it. But at the same time, he just wasn’t there.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

BNiche and seadawg like this.
  14. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,313
    Agreed and it wasn't going to be there and his injuries stunted any ceiling he may have had (I never thought he'd be much of anything, just didn't see it in his skill set, but who knows). Too many wings with more talent on the roster looking forward.

I'll say what I did about a week ago or so...when he decided to leave 6 weeks ago or whatever, he knew the situation on the current team and knew he'd get some run if for anything lack of bodies. In a forgotten year and a huge stage (big east) to showcase on...why leave then? I get it he was that disappointed but he would have received 12-15 minutes a game at least with the injuries you'd think. If you've decided to leave, personally get the hell out...but selfishly on the player's side of things, he could have had a decent game or two (doubtful) and caught some eyes. Shrug.

bmradio99 likes this.
  15. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,885
    I wish Markeese the best of luck. He could definitely be an impact player at a high mid-major program - somewhere in the MVC or MAC would be a great fit for him. I'm not sure about his academic standing, but his style and body remind me of a Patriot League player for some reason.

Shimmy, 2xDawg, BNiche and 1 other person like this.
  16. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,962
    Yeah, the whole thing seems odd considering this doesn't affect eligibility one way or another. Feel like he'd have been in a lot better position to end up at a decent midmajor by getting some minutes this year now that he's (at least publicly) healthy. Either way, hope that he finds a program and school that works for him. Best of luck.

(BTW, for some fun, go back and read the first two pages of this thread.)

willisbrown likes this.
  17. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,412
    The most obvious explanation for him opting out despite playing time being available was an assortment of personal reasons.

I’m not very well connected anymore, and I acknowledge that I could very well be wrong, but logically, the easiest dots to connect are that there was something going on with him personally. That also happens to be exactly what we were told. If that’s the case, you can only hope things are okay, and that he does well wherever he lands.

Getting that scholarship will probably serve us very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

bmradio99 likes this.
  18. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,876
    It does seem odd, but I recall watching the last game he played and he got pulled after just a few minutes for really not doing anything wrong in particular and when he came off the court his body language and reaction when he sat down and he looked at LJ and shook his head. I know we have seen it where some kids can't make all kinds of mistakes and never get pulled *cough cough Nze and Bolden's turnoveritis. David getting the ultimate yank his freshman year coming off an ACL which probably made him into the shell he is still looking over his shoulder. It really is very visible, the kids who have free reign to do whatever they want and the kids who if you do one thing, you will get yanked and never see the court again

19. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,962
    Yep, spot on. My comment sort of glossed over that, and it wasn't my intent. Clearly it's a personal/personality thing where he wasn't happy. That's not good for anyone, and nobody can fault a college kid seeking a happier situation.

dawgs2014 likes this.
  20. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,313
    And when he bolted...David playing was still a question as he hadn't been cleared and Bo hadn't been cleared academically yet. But internally there was writing on the wall those two things were a probable and he'd be buried. Or he just flat out didn't want to play this year anymore. Which, playing on national tv every game, he could have put together some things that other coaches may have liked? I don't know, just seems weird to me. But, farewell and let's use that schollie to get someone in here who can play.