Markeese Hastings - 2018 Forward (Western Michigan)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 10, 2017.

1. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,081
    I think it's so he can transfer and play 2nd semester next year. When he found out Hodges and David were going to become eligible, any thought of playing time he might have been looking at for Feb and March probably vanished.

As was said, I hope he finds a great fit and I hope we make great use of the two scholarships we have available for transfers for next year. We need it and I hope there isn't a 3rd.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,202
    I believe there is blanket transfer eligibility for next season as well.

There is for football-haven’t heard either way how that does or does not carry over to basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,776
    Good luck to Keese. Wish him nothing but the best and will root him on wherever he lands. Hopefully he can get a waiver, or at the very least be eligible 2nd semester.

That being said...good riddance. You quit on your team (ps don’t post pics/vid on your public Instagram stories of you partying on boats in Miami if you want to use “opt out due to covid” as your temporary excuse)

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

willisbrown likes this.
  4. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,126
    Are you sure LaVall didn't run him off for not being a culture fit? Just want to be sure before we start leveling judgment.

NCJon and dawgs2014 like this.
  5. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,202
    Yeah so uh....he opted out for “personal reasons.” He never said covid.

It’s amazing to me how many things people say that make themselves look bad, that they could have just not said.

Like your first paragraph was perfect. You didn’t have to say the second.

2xDawg likes this.
  6. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,776
    https://butlersports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=9522

Read the top of his bio
    On Jan. 26, 2021, Hastings opted out of the remainder of the 2020-21 season due to COVID-19 concerns after taking an indefinite leave of absence from the program for personal reasons, beginning Jan. 16.

willisbrown likes this.
  7. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,324
    I mean 10 days after he took a leave of absence for personal reasons, he stated he wasn't coming back due to covid concerns..

8. The Hound

The Hound Active Member

Money:
    $210
    Probably a very good chance of seeing Lamar Norman and Markeese playing together next year somewhere. It was their goal here, but Norman ended up at Duquesne instead. Best of luck to both of them. The two of them finishing out on their respective teams while being disgruntled would have been the worst for everyone involved.

9. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,202
    My mistake. I missed that.

I guess carrying my point further on, I don’t see why the program chose to further expound.

mwall787 and ConnersvilleBulldog like this.
  10. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,202
    Absolutely. There’s basically no scenario where having someone around who doesn’t want to be around is best for anyone.

2xDawg likes this.
  11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,125
    Best of luck markeese. The hype was there from the athlecism in high school but injuries derailed his opportunities.

tlp63 likes this.
  12. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,092
    It's almost like other people outside of the smug high and mighty can actually be right around here. But because we don't fit their bill, even though we're spot on, we're still wrong because God forbid certain posters not know every ******* thing out there.

13. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,092
    Yeah that wasn't the sharpest move he's made. "I'm quitting because covid!!"

Actually Imma go down to Florida and party my face off paying zero attention to any covid guidelines.

Kinda funny the corona mafia around here obsess over every little nook and cranny to try and stay covid free...to the point of chastising those of us that go out, go to church, travel and visit family. Yet...one of our players, who used covid as a false crutch to leave the program, they look the other way while he's "super spreading" the virus and makes it public that he's partying with no concern of covid. Weird, isn't it?

mwall787 likes this.
  14. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,202
    I literally said that I was wrong and had missed that release, so while your depiction of the situation being that he “quit on the team” is just an insanely radical way to look at it, suggesting I view you as “still wrong” in a situation where I have acknowledged that you were correct is wild.

NCJon likes this.
  15. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $966
    Better for him and certainly better for us. He had the body (on the rare occasion he was healthy)and good hops. Could not play the game at Big East level.

16. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,903
    Overall I am bummed about this. I always thought it would click and work out.

Unfortunately the Injury May have helped this happen.

To me him and David are the same path just Christian David stayed so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

NateDog and NCJon like this.
  17. wazthree

wazthree Well-Known Member

What am I missing? This topic takes me longer to read through than Markeese’s minutes played in his career. I don’t understand the strong feelings on either side or the debate.

troggy and Tentozen like this.
  18. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,473
    I’m just glad we have a chance to add an impact transfer.

19. Tiles52

Tiles52 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $744
    With Markese leaving, I know that people have talked about the possibility of being able to add an impact transfer; but I was wondering if a couple of our current seniors would choose to return next year, how does that affect our ability to bring in a transfer. I know that we can go over the 13 scholarship limit with our freshman who have already signed their letters of intent, but if we would already be at or above 13 scholarships, could we even take a transfer. Just curious.

Bryce Golden
    Bo Hodges
    Myles Tate
    John-Michael Mulloy
    Carlos Johnson
    JaKobe Coles
    Chuck Harris
    Myles Wilmoth
    Jayden Taylor
    D.J. Hughes
    Pierce Thomas

Bryce Nze

Aaron Thompson
    Christian David
    Jair Bolden

20. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,092
    The seniors from what I understand will not affect scholarship count. So we stand right now at 11. There will be another defection or two so we'll have plenty of room for what we need.

Also I think only 2 are really in play to come back.