Markeese Hastings - 2018 Forward (Western Michigan)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 10, 2017.

1. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,400
    "The issue for Butler is that it must replace outgoing seniors Kelan Martin and Tyler Wideman. Can Hastings be that guy? LaVall Jordan and his staff would sure like to think so. He may not be a better college prospect than some of the targets Butler missed on this fall, but Hastings is someone that can provide solid minutes early on at Butler thanks to his rebounding abilities, finishing skills and versatile perimeter defense."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/twitter-tuesday-kentucky-courtney-ramey-arkansas-butler

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  2. ThePioneerLeague

ThePioneerLeague Active Member

Money:
    $422
    I am really excited about this kid. Seems like he has a good head on his shoulders and has a very high ceiling. At his size and athletic ability, coupled with the skills he displays in the highlight/workout videos, I’m actually stunned that he was so lightly recruited. Is anyone in the know here? Did he grow a ton in the last year? Did he improve his skills exponentially?

Don’t want to say the kid is the next great thing based on a few videos, but if they are any indication of his real-life ability, we got a steal. Kudos to the staff for locking this one down!

3. bd5

bd5 Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $3,289
    A workout video that has "Shout-out to God" and "Go Dawgs!" in it, automatically puts it in consideration for greatest video of all-time (Sorry Beyonce).

Also - jump-shot looks pretty good.

4. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,802
    This is the best news I have heard all day! I was really beginning to wonder whether anyone would commit for 2018.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, including the megalomaniac who placed me on his ignore list.:p

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  5. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $907
    Good grief, what were the odds of that happening . . .
    Just kidding Danville. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Danville Bulldog likes this.
  6. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,110
  7. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $972
    I like this addition. 6’ 7” Long, Athletic, Coachable, Defense First, + Mindset. Jim Boeheim and Shaka Smart built sustainable franchises with that type. (save the Boeheim comments). Especially in the Jr/Sr years.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Tentozen likes this.
  8. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,443
    Like the commitment. He’s obviously a Butler kid. Bonus he’s from here in Michigan. Glad to see Vall getting some traction on the recruiting trail. Welcome to Butler, Keese!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

joliebeth23 likes this.
  9. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,158

#60 likes this.
  10. I Am Butler

Money:
    $5,158

#60 likes this.
  11. I Am Butler

Money:
    $5,158
  12. I Am Butler

Money:
    $5,158
  13. I Am Butler

Money:
    $5,158
  14. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $569
    I️ love having a rim protector. Fits well next to Mulloy and Brunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. shoeevv

Money:
    $907
    He may be a great get, but in D1 power conferences, there are no 6’ 7” “rim protectors”.

BEastDawgs and UDDawg like this.
  16. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,110
    Other than the guy leading the nation in block rate, 6'7 Anfernee McLemore of Auburn.

I agree with your main point though that it's highly unlikely that Hastings is going to do something similar. Butler's defense by design isn't about blocking shots.

17. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,110
    If we can't do a better job against the dribble drive, it may need to become more about blocking shots...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $569
    You can be a rim protector in college at 6’7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,648
    Ben Wallace was 6'7 and he led the NBA in blocks in 2002 and led the NBA in rebounding twice.

Anyone know Markeese's wingspan?

20. shoeevv

Money:
    $907
    Snoop, most bios list Wallace at 6’9, some at 6’10. Is it possible as Irish says that you might find one, sure it is. Is it likely, no.