Marquette Golden Eagles (8-9, 4-7) vs Butler Bulldogs (5-9, 4-7), Tuesday, 2/2, 5:00 PM EST (FS1)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Jan 30, 2021.

1. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,286
    Dawgs played a great 6 minutes against X. Unfortunately, there are 40 minutes in a game.

Creating this thread now because I don't want to talk about X any more.

I will update heading after Marquette/SJU tomorrow.

Who starts Tuesday?

#GoDawgs

NOTE: I have updated the thread title to reflect that Marquette lost to SJU

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  2. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,615
    I hope it’s Thompson, Harris, Hodges, wilmoth and Nze

I am also just thinking shake things up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen likes this.
  3. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,267
    It will be fun to see DJ Carton play. Hope he does well during a Marquette loss.

znelson15 likes this.
  4. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $936
    Game's on the road. Doesn't bode well, but Marquette hasn't necessarily played well at home, so maybe if they're bricking everything in sight and Butler somehow gets to 60 points, it could be a game, but we'll see.

Considering Butler really needs the freshmen to score to have a chance pretty much means it's very unlikely Butler pulls out a win, but maybe they'll start to build towards an identity or something positive they can carry forward. Time will tell.

5. Dale Denton

Dale Denton Member

Money:
    $77
    I expect another L. I don’t think Wojo is a good coach by any means, but LJ isn’t even close to being on his level.

BE coaching groups

Awful:
    Leitao
    Ewing
    LaVall

Average:
    Wojo
    Cooley
    Steele
    Anderson

Good:
    McDermott
    Hurley
    Willard

Great:
    Wright

pharmtard09 likes this.
  6. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,938
    I think Bo has to start. The only thing I go back and forth on is Harris or Bolden. I think Harris is more dynamic and probably gives us our best shot at trying to "set the tone", defensively, but Bolden, when hitting, can get us points in bunches which has been crucial in our wins. Also, our best chance of winning with the current roster is to ride the Bryce. David is only ready for spot minutes. JMM appeared to compete for the first time vs fighting not to get beat. Good for him.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. CMG

CMG Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $256
    Playing them with 1 day rest after St John's today, will be nice.

8. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,582
    My biggest question is how do we stop their length (as is the standard question when Butler plays a Big East team), specifically Dawson Garcia.

I agree with the above poster in that our starting lineup should be AT, Harris, Hodges, Wilmoth, and Nze.

Stick Wilmoth on Garcia until he gets himself in foul trouble, have Nze stay on Theo John. Then switch Nze onto Garcia when Golden comes in and put him on Theo.

Tate and Bolden could be nice offensive sparks off the bench and maybe benching Golden gets him back to the fired up Golden that we all loved watching.

I haven't watched a lot of Marquette this year, but they seem to be pretty hit and miss. I hope LJ watches a lot of tape of Marquette's loses to Depaul and Providence and tries to emulate something similar. Depaul and Providence won because they each had 9 steals and they got to the line 24 and 28 times. We all know we don't get to the line, so we had better come out with defense similar to the Brad and Holt days. Dawson Garcia only had a combined 8 points between those two games as well, we have to stop him.

znelson15 likes this.
  9. Al_

Al_ Member

Money:
    $62
    This is a toss up game. Two crappy teams led by two crappy coaches. Say a prayer, maybe Butler can get a conference win.

10. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $931
    Harris. Bolden is custom made for 6th man sharpshooter. Same game minutes. If he’s hot he stays in.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  11. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,335
    The casual racism of posts like this make me question why I even come to this place. I mean the answer is that there's a lot of good conversation and information about a team I'm interested in that's better than that, but still I'm amazed at the frequency of this kind of tripe.

12. BoyGeoff

Money:
    $931
    What post are you referring to?

13. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,251
    NCJon likes this.
  14. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,582
    I mean you could look at it through your PC glasses like that or you could look at it from a reverse standings standpoint? Depaul, Butler, and Georgetown are the worst teams in the league this year.

15. BoyGeoff

Money:
    $931
    there was no quote

16. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,771
    He quoted a post from a member who you've likely ignored, I know I have. So you have to hit "Show Ignored Content" to see the original.

BoyGeoff, ButlerNut, 2xDawg and 3 others like this.
  17. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,106
    You must have the author of that post blocked.

BoyGeoff, ButlerNut and 2xDawg like this.
  18. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,538
    I guess I do too, because I didn't see anything quoted. And now I'm curious.

Anyway, this is a game I'm really rather meh about. Our performances lately leave plenty to be desired and frankly this team simply isn't good.

19. Al_

Al_ Member

Money:
    $62
    All three coaches that were listed as awful (Leitao, Ewing and LaVall) are indeed awful. I would also throw Wojo in the awful category. Once again a “lib” trying to take a simple post of a persons opinion and make it into a racial issue. Shame on you. If you want to be part of the “diversity police force,” I’m sure “Uncle Joe” Biden has a position for you in his administration. Please stop the racial baiting on this board. If you don’t like a post, hit the ignore button.

20. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $941
    Garcia is exactly the kind of Big that I've been naively wishing that Lavall could/would recruit during his tenure. I'm afraid he is going to completely expose and dominate his Dawg counterparts. Hopefully he'll be a one-and-done and not be around to terrorize us in the future.

cornette33 and bmradio99 like this.