Mason Gillis - 2019 Forward (Purdue)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Jan 11, 2015.

1. xufan02

xufan02 Member

Money:
    $39
    I keep hearing that he is going to end up at Purdue. Xavier recruited him pretty hard for awhile, but have moved on to other targets.

Gillis seems like a perfect college 4 man in positionless basketball.

Hinkle likes this.
  2. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,139
    For the first time since getting his knee scoped, Gillis played in a tourney up in Chicago. Idk how he played, but he was back on the court and should play on the junior team vs the IN All-Stars. Anyways, Purdue offered a forward from KY today. I don't think it will affect their pursuit of Gillis, but there has to be something to speculate about in the Summer besides burner accounts

Edit: I guess this doesn't really matter from a math perspective w the transfer addition, but I highly doubt the coaches will stop recruiting 2019

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  3. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,351
    I can't recall Butler being in this position since I started running this board. I absolutely don't want to run anyone off, and would never suggest that. But at the same time in 2019 there will be 11 returning players. There is almost certainly going to be a player or two who knows he is buried on the depth chart for another season. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see a transfer from whoever is on the outside looking in at playing time. If Butler has someone they absolutely really want in the 2019 class I don't think it would be wrong to take a commitment from them.

4. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,834
  5. LA-OC-IE

LA-OC-IE Active Member

Money:
    $194
  6. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,149
    Purdue. To the archives

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

7. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    Never fun losing an instate guy, but I’d like to use this last scholly on a PG. Not a big deal missing out here.

8. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,492
    What scholarship?

9. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,995
    Butler is out of 2019 scholarships. Mason Gillis wasn't an option unless LaVall was ok with oversigning.

BHayden likes this.
  10. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,276
    Gillis should prove to be a nice pick up for Purdue.

BoilerBulldog likes this.
  11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,834
    Agree, hope he gives O$U all they can handle.

BoilerBulldog likes this.
  12. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $152
    Though I wanted this guy so bad... I would take Caleb Furst over him any day. Not saying that Gillis and Furst can't play at Purdue together but maybe they'll have less PT for Furst now.

13. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,139
    Bummer. New Castle kid goes to Purdue :(. Another one to the archives

[​IMG]

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  14. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $166
    I saw him attend about 3-4 games this year and thought he was a Butler lean. Then Purdue seemed to take the lead on him.
    Well, he seemed like a quality kid and he did choose a quality school. Onward and Upward.

BHayden likes this.
  15. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $1
    There seems to be some concern that Gillis may not be able to play his senior season because of his knee issues. Hope he's able to get things figured out.

16. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $411
    If you think picking up a 2019 Sf/pf keeps Purdue from getting a Pf in 2021 you have no idea how a high major basketball team works. No way Gillis scares away Furst. Remember Kentucky with the Platoon stuff? Kids want to play with other quality players.

17. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $152
    You just compared Purdue's recruiting to "Kentucky Platoon stuff" and that is laughable. That being said, I think Mason Gillis health was different when I wrote that comment. Also I do not think Furst was ranked that high before the summer. He blew up. Thanks for commenting on something out of date.

Tentozen and Daddysmack like this.
  18. BoilerBulldog

BoilerBulldog Member

Money:
    $95
    And I don’t think Purdue is much of a threat to get Furst. I think we’ve moved on.

19. BoilerBulldog

BoilerBulldog Member

Money:
    $95
    Or more accurately, he moved on.

20. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $411
    Really? I had heard that Purdue was very strong here. I’m assuming you are getting this info from one of the “insiders” at another site?