Matt Cross - 2020 Forward (Miami)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Apr 28, 2019.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,531
    I couple people I know who have seen him in person said also he seems to play with a nasty streak in him. We need that badly. Hard nosed and mean is missing from this program right now. I'd kill for someone to come in and rough stuff up.

bmradio99 likes this.
  2. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $846
  3. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,899
    Enforcer already called this one to the archives. Move along folks, nothing to see here.

BHayden, 2xDawg and Daddysmack like this.
  4. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,623
    Just gotta love these eternal pessimists.

Bulldogs260 likes this.
  5. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,305
    Another good example of how BU’s staff is relatively stealthy. Based on what how little we’ve heard of Cross of late, I was surprised to hear of a visit too. Especially when IU beat writers get all frothed up over every recruit, it’s easy to believe BU’s lost traction. Love how active they’ve been this off season.

6. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,060
    Who is ranked better him or Carlos Johnson?

7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,623
    Cross by a hair, but they are totally different types of players in terms of skill sets. IMO

cornette33 and estar20dawg like this.
  8. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,531
    According to Rivals, Cross is 79 and Scooby is 96. Same ball park. Would love them both, easily could play together.

MBA2003 and cornette33 like this.
  9. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,112
    I think we’re starting to see LaVall’s recruiting chops. I have hard time seeing how this isn’t gonna be Butler’s best class ever. Just need the staff to finish the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

BHayden and cornette33 like this.
  10. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,112
    I’m all about a Harris, Brown, Scooby, Cross and Coles class. Pair those guys with Battle and a decent 2021 haul and we’ll be threatening the third weekend in 2022 and 2023.

BHayden, MBA2003 and cornette33 like this.
  11. Ster8462

Ster8462 Active Member

Money:
    $212
    I’m for 3 of the 4 of Coles, Cross, Johnson, Brown class and another guard like Miles. If we get 2 of the 5 mentioned above with Harris it will be a nice class and add a fourth we haven’t even heard of yet is my prediction.

cornette33 likes this.
  12. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,531
    Back up the truck just a little. The contacts and visits are encouraging but getting all those names isn't happening. Nor is 3 probably. I'd cautiously say 2 of the 5 in the group of Scooby, Cross, Brown, Miles, Coles will commit, which with Harris is a hell of a class. Add one more bomber and this thing has a pulse again. But we need some yes answers. Maybe Cross will be one.

BHayden, mwall787 and DawgPoundMac like this.
  13. KB3

KB3 Member

Money:
    $133
    How great would it be to land a kid like this who is actually trending up? I’m super excited about the future of this roster. Cross would be such a great fit in addition to the talent.

MBA2003 likes this.
  14. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $901
    The fact that this kid is so under the radar is telling from a couple of perspectives IMO: first, that LJ and his staff are doing a great job of identifying and connecting with talent they see as a good fit for Butler; and second, that players that we have had in the past from the East coast like Chrabs, PJ, and others do alot of passive recruiting for us years down the road by creating an awareness with younger players in their respective communities that Butler is a great environment for student-athletes.

Again, just my opinion but I think the staff is doing a tremendous job regardless and by casting a wider net good things are gonna happen. I hope this kid picks Butler.

Go Dawgs!

BHayden, cornette33 and Daddysmack like this.
  15. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,361
    We will have to wait to see how this all plays out, but it is a positive the staff is getting kids like this on campus for official visits, unfortunately to bad the weather has been
    so lousy. At least it is not ten below and inches of snow on the ground.

cornette33 likes this.
  16. willisbrown

Money:
    $5,531
    According to an IU friend who is on their premium board, the fear is South Carolina with Cross. Of course, none of them, not even the friendlies would admit to Butler as being any type of threat to who they want in recruiting, but the word is that South Carolina is currently leading for this kid. But, it makes me feel kinda giddy he still took the time to use an official on us and maybe we can sway that opinion with a nice weekend. South Carolina isn't impossible to overcome.

bumba, BHayden and MBA2003 like this.
  17. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,285
    So does he have two visits left then? He seems to be progressing quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

18. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,232
    If I remember correctly, correct if I’m wrong but Bryce Golden I thought was a “sure thing to Cuse” and went with butler after an OV. Could be same case here if we get lucky again.

19. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $325
  20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554