Matt Cross - 2020 Forward (Miami)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $439
    I pretty much only consider the IU writers to be Alex Bozich, Rabjohns or Snow - who are pretty in touch with Indiana high school hoops in general so are a good follow. From what my IU buddies have said, Archie loves this kid but they have a bit of a log jam now. No 100% decision yet but it its a decision point for them whether to keep the spot open or not. Would mean they are out of scholarships in 2020 and they are still looking at a guard and guys like Dawson Garcia who are a little higher rated.

2. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $439
    We are delusional if we think that post season success is all that matters. There is no doubt that IU is regarded as a better basketball program than us regardless of the time period. While we have the two runs to the final, they have a whole season spent at #1, more NBA players, in a better conference etc. Florida has clearly been better lately, but its not untrue to say its a football school.

Not saying the writer is right (didn't even read the article), but the way many on here dismiss what IU has is kind as bad as them thinking they are second to only UK, UNC, Duke, KU.

Staxawax likes this.
  3. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $835
    I may have misinterpreted what you wrote. Do you believe the Big 10 is a better basketball conference than the Big East?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $439
    Yes. But please tell me how good Villanova has been lately.

5. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,184
    IU has room for Matt Cross. It’s not a decision at all—Miller badly wants him and has invested heavily. If there’s posturing that they are backing off it’s due to them thinking he’s less likely. Geronimo has a lot of potential—and he gives them a built in excuse to soften the blow should Cross go elsewhere. If they get him—then they’ve put together a pretty special class.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,514
    No, please tell us more about how good IU used to be. They haven't done jack sh*t in two decades. I can't imagine any other B1G team that has done less with more.

Insane Dawg likes this.
  7. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,184
    I think I’ve got this right and no time to verify right now but IIRC since the new BE was formed, the B10 has only finished higher than the BE twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,301
    All I know is high school kids today have never seen a Big Ten team win the national championship.

9. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $835
    I'm not debating. Mine is more of a curiosity as to why some might still feel this way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,689
    Florida the football school has out performed IU the supposed basketball school (?) this century. Florida has been to 15 NCAA’s to IU’s 10. Florida has 7 sweet 16, 7 elite eight and 3 final fours- IU 4,1 and 1. Florida has 5 conference championships to IU’3. IU has fired four coaches this century- Florida none.

Bet Florida has had as much success if not more than IU with NBA players if that is a measure of how successful a “ program “ is or was.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    PSUButlerFan likes this.
  11. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,819
  12. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $989
    Wow

13. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $439
    I think I said that? It’s crazy that Florida has been so good but still can’t fill a small stadium for conference games. Every football game is full in 100k person stadium. That would never happen at and IU or Butler. Hence - football school.

14. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $439
    Take a look at my post a couple up. This shouldn’t be a “wow” moment. Seems some people pretty much saw it coming.

15. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,402
    Yeah, not a major surprise. It was not a sure thing in my head, but it was pretty clear Miami had the best pitch when I wrote my article analyzing his finalists. That, coupled with rumors that they were among the favorites, led this to not be all that surprising of a decision. Happy for him - should be a great fit.

seadawg likes this.
  16. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,188
    Looks like Archie and all that recruiting money could not close the deal.

17. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,561
    Other than BU being unable to land Cross, not a ton of negatives with his decision. Cross was guided in another direction but BU was given consideration.

18. Red1972

Money:
    $1,188
    "Guided" is the key word, FBI was snooping around the Hurricane program.

19. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,561
    Actually, steered is a more appropriate term.

20. Red1972

Money:
    $1,188
    Agreed!