Matt Cross - 2020 Forward (Offered)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Apr 28, 2019.

1. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,277
    I'm kind of fascinated by the different schools he's visited/is visiting on his officials. There's not a lot of similarities between any of those programs, campuses or coaches.

2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,739
    He's definitely making sure he gets a taste of the major bball conferences east of the Mississippi. I think that's keen and yes, intriguing. Strikes me as a young man patient beyond his years, taking a slow and tactical approach to this thing. Very intriguing and respectable indeed.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  3. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,531
    Willis, you are rapidly becoming the voice of reason.

willisbrown, DawgsMD and cornette33 like this.
  4. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $817
    Maybe the BEast presence in the Northeast will pay dividends relative to the other conferences.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
  6. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    This says that Cross plans on committing in August.

"There is no leader for him as it is a neck-and-neck affair between the four that have already hosted him (Butler, IU, South Carolina, Miami). Wherever he does land, one should expect for a ready-made contributor in the frontcourt that competes with a steady motor, can make shots to the perimeter, and rebound at a good rate, adding up to what would be a tremendous addition for any of those involved."

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals...y-matt-cross-june-live-period-stock-boosters#

7. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Active Member

Money:
    $402
    cornette33 likes this.
  8. seadawg

Money:
    $3,531
    BU can hope that it stands out in not fitting in with the much larger institutions.

9. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
    Miami isn't very big either. But there's definitely 4 different kinds of colleges he's looking at.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. seadawg

Money:
    $3,531
    Miami has an enrollment of 16 or 17,000. BU has over 4,000? But not to bicker. Hopefully BU has set itself apart academically.

11. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    Of course it's still four times bigger than Butler, but the point I'm assuming estar was trying to make is that it's not a humongous public state school like IU or South Carolina.

I was surprised when I found out that Miami is private.

estar20dawg likes this.
  12. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
    Yes all I was getting at is,it is a private and generally highly regarding academic school aide from the crap football has done to public perception.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. seadawg

Money:
    $3,531
    Cross does indeed have several offers from private schools. I was actually referring to student - teacher ratio. This is probably a moot point.

14. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,739
    Depends on what he wants:

Great city with inviting neighborhoods and nice humans, plus parties on the grassy knoll? We win

Rednecky drunken slutville that smells like a rotton pizza made love to a rat's nest? IU wins

Fake ass city piling in illegal cubans and tons of cocaine? Miami wins

Hot chicks? South Carolina wins.

BulldogsFTW, SRG and seadawg like this.
  15. seadawg

Money:
    $3,531
    I knew as I typed I was being way too serious.

Staxawax likes this.
  16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475

You can smell the arrogance through the computer screen. Sigh.

seadawg and ConnersvilleBulldog like this.
  17. Butlerfan96

Butlerfan96 Member

Money:
    $105
    Haha typical anything that Involves IU. I wouldn’t read into that prediction at all. IU has to be the most arrogant delusional fan base+program I’ve ever seen. What a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $817
    It's time we start beating them off the court in addition to our success against them on the court!! I would really like to see the Dawgs close this one out. Hopefully, the BEast presence in the Northeast helps.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $431
    Everything I've read/ been told - it is Miami, SC and IU with it being a bit of a question mark. Evidently Cross is a guy that Archie absolutely loves for whatever reason.

20. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,739
    Cross is someone that I could see being a strong fit for this scheme and I think would excel here. If true then that's a shame. I think he'd do well at SC under Martin. Not so sure about IU and Miami. Oh well, at least we got him on campus?

VegasDC likes this.