Matt Johnson Transforming Dawgs

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by BHayden, Nov 29, 2018.

1. BHayden

BHayden Active Member

Money:
    $456
  2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    So excited that the team has a dedicated strength and conditioning coach. I always felt BU players physically didn't look like other high major schools. Even more excited to see Golden play. I think he's going to be a beast.

BHayden and Irishdawg like this.
  3. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    I actually completely agree that we have never appeared physically imposing.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

4. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,241
    When I first heard we hired a S&C coach after Lavall was hired, I was happy, but I was also WTF shocked. We're in the Big East w/ conference affiliation money that comes w that. We were nickel and diming our HC's salary and his Assistants'. And we didn't have our own S&C coach that's standard in the Power 5 conferences... just another reason I hold no malice towards Holtmann for leaving for tO$U

Glad to hear we've stepped up our game, the players have bought in, and the muscle mass improvement numbers. I like David Woods

BHayden likes this.
  5. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,048
    This was badly, badly needed. It's impossible to know, but I'd bet his hiring played a real role in how well Butler's defense was able to play against Florida (its third game in three days).

BHayden, znelson15, bwesson15 and 3 others like this.
  6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    I commented then that I was surprised that we showed no sign of being tired against Florida in our third game in three days.

Dawg2014 you agreed with me again! I feel so disoriented now.

BHayden, znelson15, Tentozen and 4 others like this.
  7. znelson15

znelson15 Active Member

Money:
    $364
    Agree such a
    Big hire for the program plus following the players on social media they seem to also love him
    Which is great

BHayden likes this.