Maui 2021

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by jkcdawgs, Apr 7, 2020.

1. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,276
    I guess from a national appeal it doesn't have some of the most storied franchises, but it's not a weak field unless you have been living under a cave for the last 20 years.

Oregon currently has 25-1 odds to win the national championship. (top 10)
    Wisconsin 30-1 (top 15)
    Houston 50-1 (top 25)
    Butler 100-1 (36th)
    A&M 100-1 (T-36th)

That's 3 teams that will be ranked come Maui and another 2 that will likely make the NCAA tourny. A St. Mary's team coming off a 26-8 record and a net# 31.

willisbrown likes this.
  2. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,098
    Can’t believe Butler is currently 100-1, when everyone thinks they are going to be so bad. I was in Vegas last September, was doing well, and noticed that Butler was 250-1. Thought that was a lot higher than they should have been, and put down a hundred on them. Was starting to get excited when they were up to #5. Can’t imagine how I would have been if they started to make a run in the tournament. Another damn reason to hate this virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    SnoopDawg likes this.
  3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,726
    Did they refund your bet yet? That sucks though. It all sucks not being able to gamble on this stuff. I was messaging with a betting guy who runs a small service and he sent me a message about 10 saying he was taking all unders last night in some kind of Asian table tennis...that is what we have become.

Hopefully we can bet on the Tiger-peyton v Phil-Brady match in a couple weeks.

Tentozen likes this.
  4. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,726
    This correct. The fat heads that only watch the blue bloods won't tune in, but the event has a chance to be very exciting. Loyola and Wisky are boring, but the others play a fun style of ball. It'll be competitive and fun. I like that they got an AAC, a WCC and a MVC team in there.

SnoopDawg likes this.
  5. Ster8462

Ster8462 Active Member

Money:
    $393
    Am I missing something. I don’t see a MVC school in it.
    1. PAC 12-Oregon
    2. Big 10-Wisky
    3. Big East-BU
    4. SEC-Texas A &M
    5. ACC-ND
    6. AAC- Houston
    7. WCC-St Mary’s
    8. NAIA-Chaminade

6. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,726
    My bad, for some reason I thought Loyola was in the field. I had a senior moment.

7. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,043
    Oh you had a moment all right, but it wasn’t a senior one. I should know!

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,098
    Yeah, had other futures on Masters also, so getting refunds almost feels like winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

willisbrown likes this.
  9. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,497
    You realize you’re comparing futures on next season with a tournament in two seasons from now? Projecting which of these teams will be in the top 25 is throwing darts.

NCJon, dawgs2014 and UDDawg like this.
  10. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,276
    Actually I didn't realize it was the 2021 tournament, good call. Either way, it shows that they are good programs, but lack blue-bloods.