Maui 2021

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by jkcdawgs, Apr 7, 2020.

1. thevinrod

thevinrod Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $823
    My family visited Maui in early December. It was perfection. Round trip from Denver for less than $300 per person. Island was almost devoid of tourists yet everything was open. Just needed a negative COVID test taken and resulted within 72 hours of arrival.

NCJon and willisbrown like this.
  2. Bernie44

Bernie44 Member

Money:
    $182
    I live in Denver as well. Where did your family go to all receive a COVID test and get the results back in time for the flight and the 72 hr requirement? Much appreciate the info.

3. Denverdawg

Denverdawg Member

Money:
    $140
    We live south of Denver (Highlands Ranch) and have had to be tested a couple times for kids activities. Both times we went to Castle Pines Urgent care. Never had to wait more than 15 minutes and they do the rapid test, so you can be in/out with results in 30-45 minutes.

Not sure if you’re south and that is convenient, but it is a great option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Bernie44

Bernie44 Member

Money:
    $182
    Thank you! I live South as well.

5. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,385
    Looked up flights from Dixie. That week is not cheap from here. $850-$1000 RT per person. Maybe that's a good deal, I've never priced tickets in a non-Covid world during Thanksgiving week.

6. thevinrod

thevinrod Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $823
    AFC Urgent Care in Louisville. They had a rapid 10 minute option for $150. You have to go to a place that's on Hawaii's approved testing site list.

7. Denverdawg

Denverdawg Member

Money:
    $140
    That’s pretty reasonable based on Denver ticket prices. Under $1000 has been my target for non-Covid non-Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving tends to add 25-50% in my experience. I was able to get under 1000 for our flights, but I’ve seen it as high as 3100 but not yet below 900.

I suspect the airlines are anticipating increased demand for travel post vaccine, so I don’t think you’ll see anything get cheap next Thanksgiving like it has been. I obviously have no clue, but I’ve at least monitored Hawaii ticket prices a few times so making best possible deduction I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,517
    No doubt. If I had anywhere I was itching to go I’d be loading up on august/September travel

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops