Miller Kopp - 2018 Small Forward (Northwestern)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,908
  2. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,403
    DawgPoundMac and BHayden like this.
  3. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,034
  4. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $231
  5. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,908
    I saw him play in Indy against Team Breakdown when I was watching Elijah Weaver. He was pretty impressive and ended up with 25 points that game despite having a poor shooting night from 3. He's averaging 20 points per game in the Under Armour circuit. He's shooting over 50% inside the arc but only 27% behind it. He had the look of a very good shooter when I saw him though, for whatever that is worth. He took several catch and shoot 3s coming off of screens that looked smooth.

6. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,035
    Thanks for the info Jared!

7. BHayden

BHayden Active Member

Money:
    $448
    Surprised he's not ranked or anything I'm not sure how far the rankings go for the 2018's but he looks smooth and crafty for being so big and already has a few pretty nice offers. So far Butler seems to be the best offer he has though.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

8. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,188
  9. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,100
    UDDawg likes this.
  10. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,557
    I'd be real surprised for Butler to get a kid out of Texas. Too many schools in the state and surrounding states.

11. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $710
    I didn't see it when I saw him. He really needs to control the ball to make anything happen. Maybe I'm wrong.

12. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,908
    It's been a few months, and I actually had to look up who he was when I watched him, because I didn't know him going into the game. He wasn't a focus of mine. So my memory of the game might not be great. But I remember him being a little like Kellen Dunham as far as his scoring arsenal. His primary weapon was his jump shot, and they ran a lot of screens to get him 3 point and mid range looks. I don't recall him having a great first step attacking the rim, but he used shot fakes and change of pace well to get by defenders. I obviously need to see him more, but I certainly saw him as a high major player.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $454
    I was on a plane with this team from Houston to Indianapolis back in April. I told them all that they should check out Butler while they are in town.

I want partial credit if this pans out.

mass_dawgs likes this.
  14. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $263
    Texas is the kind of state that out-of-state basketball programs should have a great deal of luck. For the most part, the state's programs are pretty mediocre, the focus is nearly entirely on football and the population is large. In fact, you could argue it should be one of the, logically, most fruitful out-of-region recruiting areas for basketball-centric schools like Butler or Xavier.

15. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,034
    This offer has Lowery joining the staff written all over it.

16. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $933
    Who?

17. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $67
  18. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $716
    Here's a little highlight reel.

19. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,998
    If this guy can improve his handles to the point he can play the 2, I'd be on board here. But I don't know how many 3s he's gonna be able to guard in the BE.

20. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,557
    Looks a bit slow and has limited athleticism and quickness. That being said he should be ranked. Would be a good addition but not a game changer.

Still don't see him leaving Texas.