Miller Kopp - 2018 Small Forward (Northwestern)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,783
    Would agree with respect to football, and if college football is affected all college sports are. But not sure I agree regarding the NBA. Interest in it is doing nothing but growing right now, and there are no serious health concerns. Most importantly, it's the premier league for the only sport that is beloved around the whole world (obviously soccer has just about everywhere but the US interested, but that's a gigantic hole in the global market). Europe. Asia. Africa. North America. South America. Australia. Everywhere loves basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,514
    I know this is way off subject but the CTE issue is very very serious. How the NCAA and colleges handle this as it continues to blow up will be interesting. The NFL will probably continue to act as if it doesn't exist.

I can see the NBA and professional basketball continuing to grow. It is an easy sport to understand and simple to follow for the average fan seeking entertainment. Dunks excite the average fan. Certainly the cost is far more manageable.

I highly recommend a book Billion Dollar Ball if you are at all interested in how big time college football is driving universities. When I hear Kentucky I think basketball not a university. When I hear Ohio State or Alabama I think football not schools of higher education.

Hinkle likes this.
  3. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,629
    How dare you slander these institutions of higher learning -- they exist solely to equip our leaders of tomorrow. I would recommend that you read some of the comments on ESPN articles to educate yourself.

4. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,629
    Also, Danny Kanell has already refuted the link between football and CTE, so that hurdle has been cleared.

5. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,514
    Hell of a game tonight!

6. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,356
    Dude... I am FROM Iowa. This is incredible. We dominated everywhere but the scoreboard and then pulled out a miracle.

Saquon Barkley is the best football player I have ever seen. I guess Barry Sanders can compare. Barkley is the best player in the country and it's really not close. It's likely him or Baker Mayfield for Heisman, and Saquon is 10x the player.

7. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,514
    I agree on Barkley. He is a combination of Sanders and Earl Campbell.

8. nicklas_early

nicklas_early Active Member

Money:
    $252
    Miller Kopp 2018-2019 season:
    4.9 ppg 16.4 mpg
    2.2 rpg 37.0 fg%
    1.1 apg 31.9 3fg%

9. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,128
    Why are you bumping all these old threads with stats of players who don't now - and almost certainly never will - play for Butler?

10. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,228
    dippper61, 2xDawg, DawgsMD and 8 others like this.
  11. nicklas_early

Money:
    $252
    That is exactly why I did it! I only went to the last two recruiting cycles of players that generated a good amount of discussion on here.

shoeevv, Mad_Dawg 48, Shimmy and 3 others like this.
  12. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,356
    I wanted to start a thread thanking you, but I’ll just do it here. That probably took an hour or two, and I appreciated it.

Will be really interesting to see who was:
    1. A big miss
    2. No big loss
    3. Hard to tell Bc in a different situation, they might have thrived

13. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,052
    So far, it looks like Jaxson, but, like you said too early.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

nicklas_early likes this.
  14. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,128
    Apparently I am in the minority, so my apologies.

nicklas_early likes this.
  15. MasterSplinter

MasterSplinter Active Member

Money:
    $435
    Yes, thanks for this. I also appreciate the effort and like @PSUButlerFan idea to categorize them. Maybe synthesize it into one new thread with all player stats that way we can get a quick look without having to go into each player thread. That's assuming you do it again next year and it'd be understandable if you didn't. Cool project nonetheless! An aside question, how do coaches and staffs go back and review their recruiting targets to improve their future recruiting approach? Or do they even do so? If they do, I'd love to get ahold of that sheet.

nicklas_early and PSUButlerFan like this.
  16. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    I think that’s a super interesting idea, but I think you’d have to also have some barometer for how serious our interest is to draw true conclusions. It could be a really intriguing way to evaluate talent evaluation.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

17. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,783
    I like the idea for sure. Among other things, I think this will help everyone see that, in general, freshmen are terrible.

PSUButlerFan, BoyGeoff and shoeevv like this.
  18. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $741
    You beat me to it. It really shows how exceptional Kamar's Freshman season was.

19. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    I’d actually be willing to maintain this if people wanted to message me stats.

I think we’d want class, level of interest final recruiting ranking, stats.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

20. nicklas_early

Money:
    $252
    This summer I may just make a general post for each class, as mentioned above. Again, I originally did this with recruits that generated the most discussion points/pages. I also wanted to see how the recruits that LaVall and staff missed out on produced. The thought that caused me to wonder: ‘Who was that player that picked Wichita St. over Butler last summer and had some people on the board all up in arms?’ That led to me doing the research.

I say the more content on this board the better. Especially in slow times.

PSUButlerFan and MasterSplinter like this.